Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to run Sed in AIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to run Sed in AIX Post 302617603 by udayakumar on Tuesday 3rd of April 2012 01:39:54 AM
Old 04-03-2012
MySQL

Sorry to Duplicate it.

I had some issues with the code you have supplied. Might be due to the shell changes or AIX. I got the value like

Output File

Filename|
This
is
a
test file

I've tried this and worked fine,

Code:
  for file in Text_file/*
do
   tr -d '\15' < $file> $file.1
   sed '1d'<$file.1> $file.2
   sed -e '1s/$/|/'<$file.2> $file.1
   tr -s '\n' ' ' <$file.1> $file
   rm $file.1
   rm $file.2
done

Thanks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

exec unable to run via cronjob

Hi , I write a script like this\ and put it under / (root) : ref=88 df -k | grep /cbmdata/00/gdd | tr -d '%' | \ while read a b c d e other do if (( $e >= $ref )) then line=`find /cbmdata/00/gdd -name "LOGS*" |sort -nr |tail -1` # echo $line rm -f $line fi done ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: xramm
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to run a script

thi is (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelina
10 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to run xclock

Hello. I am trying to run xclock on newly built solaris box - These are the steps I followed: # DISPLAY=localhost:0.0 # export DISPLAY # xclock xclock: not found # cd /usr/openwin/bin # ./xclock Error: Can't open display: localhost:0.0 # Please suggest, what am i doing wrong? Thank... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
27 Replies

4. AIX

unable to run at job

Hi All, I m not able to run at job with normal user on AIX system os version is 5300-05-06. I am able to run at job only with root user. When I try to run at job with any other user I am getting error: at: you are not authorized to use at. Sorry. I checked at.deny file, it is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkatkade
4 Replies

5. AIX

Unable to run a simple threaded program on AIX

Hi, I am unable to run a simple C++ threaded program on the AIX 5.3 platform. It says exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./sendClient because of the following errors: rtld: 0712-001 Symbol __pthread was referenced from module sendClient(), but a runtime definition of the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

Unable to run some commands in HP-UX

Hi All, I want to get %cpu and %memory utilization for a given process id in HP-UX so am using the following commands 1)TOP -p <PID> am getting error message like Quitting top: pset 26323 doesn't exist,but when am using only TOP command without any options its working fine. 2)ps -e -o pcpu... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramya_Nm
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to run function

Hi, I have a separate file with a ksh function in it. When I try to run it, I get an error about permissions: user@~/scripts/functions$ ksh f_fill_testfunc ksh: f_fill_testfunc: cannot open user@~/scripts/functions$ ls -l batch_functions/f_fill_testfunc -rwxr-xr-x 1 user user 1105 Aug... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to run command after ssh

Hello, I am trying to create a ksh script to login to server and collect gather output of some command to troubleshoot some issue. DATE=`date +%b.%d.%Y.%M.%H` echo " Enter emp id to login to server" read Eid Eid=$Eid echo " Enter hostname of the system" read HOST HOST=$HOST... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to run awk command

hello Don Cragun sir, i am not able to run this command awk 'NR==FNR{if($0~/^>/){i=substr($0,2);getline};a=a $0;next}{print ">" $1 ORS substr(a, $2, $3-$2+1)}' file1 FS=\\t file2 i searched do text you on twitter, facebook but i get no reply from over there so i post here. ---------- Post... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harpreetmanku04
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Unable to run crash utility

Hi I have a system running cat etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.0 (Maipo), and I am trying to check why is crashing a lot of times. I have checked the following files, but with no sucessfull results: ls -lrt *.log -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 29925 Dec 23 2015... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies
SHTOOL-SUBST.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool					       SHTOOL-SUBST.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-subst - GNU shtool sed(1) substitution operations SYNOPSIS
shtool subst [-v|--verbose] [-t|--trace] [-n|--nop] [-w|--warning] [-q|--quiet] [-s|--stealth] [-i|--interactive] [-b|--backup ext] [-e|--exec cmd] [-f|--file cmd-file] [file] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
This command applies one or more sed(1) substitution operations to stdin or any number of files. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -v, --verbose Display some processing information. -t, --trace Enable the output of the essential shell commands which are executed. -n, --nop No operation mode. Actual execution of the essential shell commands which would be executed is suppressed. -w, --warning Show warning on substitution operation resulting in no content change on every file. The default is to show a warning on substitution operations resulted in no content change on all files. -q, --quiet Suppress warning on substitution operation resulting in no content change. -s, --stealth Stealth operation. Preserve timestamp on file. -i, --interactive Enter interactive mode where the user has to approve each operation. -b, --backup ext Preserve backup of original file using file name extension ext. Default is to overwrite the original file. -e, --exec cmd Specify sed(1) command directly. -f, --file cmd-file Read sed(1) command from file. EXAMPLE
# shell script shtool subst -i -e 's;(c) ([0-9]*)-2000;(c) 1-2001;' *.[ch] # RPM spec-file %install shtool subst -v -n -e 's;^(prefix=).*;1 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_prefix};g' -e 's;^(sysconfdir=).*;1 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_prefix}/etc;g' `find . -name Makefile -print` make install HISTORY
The GNU shtool subst command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 2001 for GNU shtool. It was prompted by the need to have a uniform and convenient patching frontend to sed(1) operations in the OpenPKG package specifications. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), sed(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-SUBST.TMP(1)