Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Query: How to install commercial cert into AIX and use it for FTPS connection Post 302617553 by frank_rizzo on Monday 2nd of April 2012 11:30:35 PM
Old 04-03-2012
IBM Setting up FTPS / TLS with ftp on AIX 6.1 - United States

note the last step
Code:
10. Finally, we adjust the path names in /etc/ftpd.cnf file: (assumes .tls is created in "/" directory)

CERTIFICATE /.tls/server.pem
CERTIFICATE_PRIVATE_KEY /.tls/server.pem

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

FTPS - FTP CLIENT- AIX - HELP Please

I'm currently investigating the secure ftp connection from AIX using shell script - It looks openssl is already install and don't know command to be used to connect the secure ftp server. 1. Do I need to install certificate on AIX ?. 2. If any one already design the script to connect secure... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dharanir
0 Replies

2. AIX

aix cert 223 need help.

Hi, a friend of mine passed there 223 last year and they gave me there testkiller document which was 65 questions, i am looking at doing my 223 exam and i have gone to testkiller recently and noticed there is an updated version which is now 383 questions. I did the ibm pre-exam and all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rorted
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query :: Using Netstat finding total value to a db connection

I wrote a very simple script to calculate the DB connection from an appserver and check the total netstat connection to a particular DB exceed 25 then it will send mail netstat -a 2> /dev/null | awk '/.*ESTAB/{print $5}' | cut -d. -f1 | uniq -c | awk '{if ($1 > 25)print $2," exceed ",$1;}' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX custom package install query

I have created a .bff package for an app to tbe installed on AIX servers across regions. I am pretty new to the AIX mode of packaging using mkinstallp but I have been able to get the same done. I installed the same on the server in which i created the package and the application was deployed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobbyjoseph
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

DB connection and query

Hi I'm trying to create a connection with DB from shell script using the following string sqlplus <user>@<db_instance>/<password> in which I'm successful. However, after connecting to DB it is giving me a sql prompt as follows ===================== Connected to: Oracle Database 10g... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sainisumit1
2 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

AIX 6.1 Self-Signed Cert Creation Issue

Hi, I'm trying to get a self-signed cert created on AIX 6.1, and it's not cooperating. I run the following command: gsk7cmd -cert -create -db /bin/A_CACertsOnly.kdb -pw blahblah -label testing -dn cn=machinename -expire 1000 -ca true...and get this response: The function is not supported for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster2
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ftps connection by ksh script

Hi, I'm trying to access to FTP SERVER over SSL with this script unix : (credentials are correct) #!/usr/bin/ksh USER="test" PASSWORD="pwdtest" IP="**.***.*.***" ftp -s $IP 990 << EOF >>log_ftp user $USER $PASSWORD bin passive EOF but seems that credentials are not passed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nash83
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTPS Connection script

I have a requirement for which I had to connect to a server using FTPS. I have been provided with these, connection method: FTPS Server Name Port for explicit and implicit Login user I would like to know the FTPS command/script in order to connect to there server and get a file. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: r@v!7*7@
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best way to transfer files to remote FTPS server instead of local FTPS server

Hi, I am working on an application which runs on an Informatica Red-Hat 5.10 Linux Server. The application involves several Informatica ETL workflows which generate 100s of Text files with lot of data. Many of the files will each be up to 5 GB in size. Currently the Informatica server itself... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
7 Replies
public_key(3erl)					     Erlang Module Definition						  public_key(3erl)

NAME
public_key - API module for public key infrastructure. DESCRIPTION
This module provides functions to handle public key infrastructure from RFC 5280 - X.509 certificates and some parts of the PKCS-standard. COMMON DATA TYPES
Note: All records used in this manual are generated from asn1 specifications and are documented in the User's Guide. See Public key records and X.509 Certificate records . Use the following include directive to get access to the records and constant macros described here and in the User's Guide. -include_lib("public_key/include/public_key.hrl"). Data Types boolean() = true | false string = [bytes()] der_encoded() = binary() decrypt_der() = binary() pki_asn1_type() = 'Certificate' | 'RSAPrivateKey'| 'RSAPublicKey' 'DSAPrivateKey' | 'DSAPublicKey' | 'DHParameter' | 'SubjectPublicKeyInfo' pem_entry () = {pki_asn1_type(), der_encoded() | decrypt_der(), not_encrypted | {"DES-CBC" | "DES-EDE3-CBC", crypto:rand_bytes(8)}}. rsa_public_key() = #'RSAPublicKey'{} rsa_private_key() = #'RSAPrivateKey'{} dsa_public_key() = {integer(), #'Dss-Parms'{}} rsa_private_key() = #'RSAPrivateKey'{} dsa_private_key() = #'DSAPrivateKey'{} public_crypt_options() = [{rsa_pad, rsa_padding()}]. rsa_padding() = 'rsa_pkcs1_padding' | 'rsa_pkcs1_oaep_padding' | 'rsa_no_padding' rsa_digest_type() = 'md5' | 'sha' dss_digest_type() = 'none' | 'sha' EXPORTS
decrypt_private(CipherText, Key [, Options]) -> binary() Types CipherText = binary() Key = rsa_private_key() Options = public_crypt_options() Public key decryption using the private key. decrypt_public(CipherText, Key [, Options]) - > binary() Types CipherText = binary() Key = rsa_public_key() Options = public_crypt_options() Public key decryption using the public key. der_decode(Asn1type, Der) -> term() Types Asn1Type = atom() - Asn1 type present in the public_key applications asn1 specifications. Der = der_encoded() Decodes a public key asn1 der encoded entity. der_encode(Asn1Type, Entity) -> der_encoded() Types Asn1Type = atom() Asn1 type present in the public_key applications asn1 specifications. Entity = term() - The erlang representation of Encodes a public key entity with asn1 DER encoding. pem_decode(PemBin) -> [pem_entry()] Types PemBin = binary() Example {ok, PemBin} = file:read_file("cert.pem"). Decode PEM binary data and return entries as asn1 der encoded entities. pem_encode(PemEntries) -> binary() Types PemEntries = [pem_entry()] Creates a PEM binary pem_entry_decode(PemEntry [, Password]) -> term() Types PemEntry = pem_entry() Password = string() Decodes a pem entry. pem_decode/1 returns a list of pem entries. Note that if the pem entry is of type 'SubjectPublickeyInfo' it will be further decoded to an rsa_public_key() or dsa_public_key(). pem_entry_encode(Asn1Type, Entity [,{CipherInfo, Password}]) -> pem_entry() Types Asn1Type = pki_asn1_type() Entity = term() - The Erlang representation of CipherInfo = {"DES-CBC" | "DES-EDE3-CBC", crypto:rand_bytes(8)} Password = string() Creates a pem entry that can be feed to pem_encode/1. encrypt_private(PlainText, Key) -> binary() Types PlainText = binary() Key = rsa_private_key() Public key encryption using the private key. encrypt_public(PlainText, Key) -> binary() Types PlainText = binary() Key = rsa_public_key() Public key encryption using the public key. pkix_decode_cert(Cert, otp|plain) -> #'Certificate'{} | #'OTPCertificate'{} Types Cert = der_encoded() Decodes an asn1 der encoded pkix certificate. The otp option will use the customized asn1 specification OTP-PKIX.asn1 for decoding and also recursively decode most of the standard parts. pkix_encode(Asn1Type, Entity, otp | plain) -> der_encoded() Types Asn1Type = atom() The asn1 type can be 'Certificate', 'OTPCertificate' or a subtype of either . Der encodes a pkix x509 certificate or part of such a certificate. This function must be used for encoding certificates or parts of certificates that are decoded/created on the otp format, whereas for the plain format this function will directly call der_encode/2. pkix_is_issuer(Cert, IssuerCert) -> boolean() Types Cert = der_encode() | #'OTPCertificate'{} IssuerCert = der_encode() | #'OTPCertificate'{} Checks if IssuerCert issued Cert pkix_is_fixed_dh_cert(Cert) -> boolean() Types Cert = der_encode() | #'OTPCertificate'{} Checks if a Certificate is a fixed Diffie-Hellman Cert. pkix_is_self_signed(Cert) -> boolean() Types Cert = der_encode() | #'OTPCertificate'{} Checks if a Certificate is self signed. pkix_issuer_id(Cert, IssuedBy) -> {ok, IssuerID} | {error, Reason} Types Cert = der_encode() | #'OTPCertificate'{} IssuedBy = self | other IssuerID = {integer(), {rdnSequence, [#'AttributeTypeAndValue'{}]}} The issuer id consists of the serial number and the issuers name. Reason = term() Returns the issuer id. pkix_normalize_name(Issuer) -> Normalized Types Issuer = {rdnSequence,[#'AttributeTypeAndValue'{}]} Normalized = {rdnSequence, [#'AttributeTypeAndValue'{}]} Normalizes a issuer name so that it can be easily compared to another issuer name. pkix_sign(#'OTPTBSCertificate'{}, Key) -> der_encode() Types Key = rsa_public_key() | dsa_public_key() Signs a 'OTPTBSCertificate'. Returns the corresponding der encoded certificate. pkix_verify(Cert, Key) -> boolean() Types Cert = der_encode() Key = rsa_public_key() | dsa_public_key() Verify pkix x.509 certificate signature. sign(Msg, DigestType, Key) -> binary() Types Msg = binary() The msg is either the binary "plain text" data to be signed or in the case that digest type is none it is the hashed value of "plain text" i.e. the digest. DigestType = rsa_digest_type() | dsa_digest_type() Key = rsa_public_key() | dsa_public_key() Creates a digital signature. verify(Msg, DigestType, Signature, Key) -> boolean() Types Msg = binary() The msg is either the binary "plain text" data or in the case that digest type is none it is the hashed value of "plain text" i.e. the digest. DigestType = rsa_digest_type() | dsa_digest_type() Signature = binary() Key = rsa_public_key() | dsa_public_key() Verifies a digital signature Ericsson AB public_key 0.11 public_key(3erl)