Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting columns passed as arguments to the script Post 302617301 by SaCai on Monday 2nd of April 2012 12:13:50 PM
Old 04-02-2012
Code:
[root@dist unix]# cat file
abcd
cdef
opqr
[root@dist unix]# bash dele.sh 1 3
bd
df
pr
[root@dist unix]# bash dele.sh 2 4
ac
ce
oq
[root@dist unix]# cat dele.sh 
#!/bin/bash
while read i
do

A=($(echo "${i}" | awk -F "" '{print $1,$2,$3,$4}'))
     a=$(((($(($1%2))==0))?0:1))
     b=$(((($(($2%2))==0))?2:3))
     echo "${A[$a]}${A[$b]}"
done <file

But this scipt  not comprehensive.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

count no of arguments passed to a function

hi i have a function abc { //from this function i am passing args to antoher function like def a b c j k l } now i want to count the no of args coming to def() function and iterate over those values is there any way to do this one please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass arguments to SQL file passed in shell script?

Hi, I am using SYBASE database. in my script i am connecting to DB via using isql. isql -U${S_USER} -S${S_SERV} -D${S_DB} -P${S_PWD} -b0 -w3000 -h0 -s"|" -i${MYDIR}/ABC.sql -oXYZ.txt << FINSQL i am taking a ABC.sql file to use the queries written in it and storing the output in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if passed arguments is users

i want to check passed arguments one by one and if it is user print home director of that user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: testman84
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

how can i know what arguments are passed to a pre install rpm script?

hi, i have an rpm, and i am looking at the presinstall script. i can see it takes in an argument, but what i do not know is how this argument is passed to the script? is there something that calls the preinstall script? i thought the preinstall script was the first thing executed. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Function not called when no arguments is passed

Hi Guys, I am trying to pass arguments to the script i am wrinting. When no argument is passed or wrong argument is passed, the script needs to output the way it needs to be called and exit. Currently, when no arguments is passed, it is not getting exited but goes on assuming those... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store all the passed arguments in an array and display the array

Hi I want to write a script which store all the parameters passed to the script into an array. Once it is stored I want scan through the array and and delete those files for last month present inside the directory. The files in directory is appneded with YYYY_MM_DD. I want to know how can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help in Deleting columns and Renaming Mutliple columns in a .Csv File

Hi All, i have a .Csv file in the below format startTime, endTime, delta, gName, rName, rNumber, m2239max, m2239min, m2239avg, m100016509avg, m100019240max, metric3min, m100019240avg, propValues 11-Mar-2012 00:00:00, 11-Mar-2012 00:05:00, 300.0, vma3550a, a-1_CPU Index<1>, 200237463, 0.0,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting columns with NAs

I want to be able to delete columns whose data have more than 10 percent of NAs. x1 x2 x3 x4 1 1 1 1 2 NA 2 2 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA NA 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA 1 2 1 NA so in this case i will delete x4. lets say there are 100 tables with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all the fields(columns) from a .csv file if all rows in that columns are blanks

Hi Friends, I have come across some files where some of the columns don not have data. Key, Data1,Data2,Data3,Data4,Data5 A,5,6,,10,, A,3,4,,3,, B,1,,4,5,, B,2,,3,4,, If we see the above data on Data5 column do not have any row got filled. So remove only that column(Here Data5) and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can multiple arguments be passed to shell script?

My requirement is that I want to pass similar argument to a shell script and process it in the script. Something like below: myScript.sh -c COMPONENT1 -c COMPONENT2 -a APPNote: -c option can be specified multiple times and -a is optional parameter I know this can be achieved using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajdeep_paul
2 Replies
DIJKSTRA(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DIJKSTRA(1)

NAME
dijkstra - single-source distance filter SYNOPSIS
dijkstra [ -adp? ] [ sourcenode file ] DESCRIPTION
dijkstra reads a stream of graphs and for each computes the distance of every node from sourcenode. Edge length is given in the len attribute, and the default is 1. The dist attribute of every node is set to its distance from sourcenode. If the -p flag is used, the prev attribute of each node reachable from sourcenode is set to the name of the previous node on a shortest path. The graph attribute maxdist is set to the maximum dist of all nodes in the graph. If the -d flag is used, the graph is treated as directed and only forward edges are used. By default, if the graph is disconnected, the dist attribute of nodes unreachable from sourcenode are left untouched, and maxdist is set to the maximum of any previous value and the largest distance recorded in this run. On the other hand, if the -a flag is used, the dist attribute of an unreachable node is assigned a very large value, and maxdist records the maximum distance found in the component containing sourcenode. Any number of sourcenode file pairs may be given. If the last file is missing, stdin is used. All output is written to stdout. In a typical application, dist and maxdist can drive a downstream calculation of color or some other attribute. SEE ALSO
gvpr(1), gvcolor(1), libgraph(3) 21 March 2001 DIJKSTRA(1)