Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Only filename from find command Post 302617115 by parthmittal2007 on Monday 2nd of April 2012 05:55:43 AM
Old 04-02-2012
I Can't use the awk command.

---------- Post updated at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:51 AM ----------

When using this
basename ` find command `It gives the blank result

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search for hardlinks based on filename via find command

I am using command substitution into a find command in a script where I have built a menu to do a bunch of tasks within my unix account. When I choose the options for to find a file/files that have the same inode of the entered filename, ie hardlinks, nothing shows up. When I choose the appropiate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hunternjb
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help to find find filename usingFile pointer in c

Hi .. I am having a file pointer .. it have declared some where tough to find out that ..Can we find out the filename associated with file pointer ... i mean is there any function FILEPOINTER.filename() is there in c ??... Thanks, Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find filename in the given directory

Hi , I have question for search the filename in directory. For example my DIR contains these files... testA123.txt testB123.txt testB345.txt testA345.txt i want to show the filenames which contains 'testA7'... Help me (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthinvk
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get only filename in a recursively find command

Hi i would like to ask on how to accomplish the FF: I want to execute a find command recursively and only get the filename something like i want only the last field set if is used ever the fieldvset as an redirection from the output of the find command For example: dir1/dir2/filename1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto get only filename from find command in Linux?

Hi every body! I would like to get only filename in the result of find command in Linux but I don't know howto. Tks so much for your helps. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nguyendu0102
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncate filename using find

I have a script that executes the following code and I could use some help. find $searchdir -maxdepth 2 -type d -name $dir -exec mkalias {} ./$dir/_$dir$suffix \; (mkalias is an executable to create mac aliases) (The script takes a directory name finds that same name on another drive and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command error having space in filename

Hi, I am working in solaris.I am using below script to copy the files from /usr/tmp to /usr/gm But while running this it is not considering the files list after the filename having space in them. Example:- compile_custom_pll.sh conv_data_sqlload.sh conv_sqlload.sh Copy of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print filename/dir name while executing aclput using find command

Running below command , but unable to print the filename , is there way to print filename/dirname using -print option find . -type f -exec aclput -i fileacl.template {} \; (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a filename of a folder?

Hi, Please help me i have a file directory in .txt. inside this directory is a list of names of folders to find inside in a folder. to make more easy to understand below is my list inside .txt: foldernameA foldernameB foldernameC I need to check if those folder names are inside... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmarzan
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find command with Metacharacter (*) Should match exact filename

Hi, Below is list of files in my directory. -rw-rw-r--. 1 Roots Roots 0 Dec 26 06:58 12345_kms_report.csv -rw-rw-r--. 1 Roots Roots 0 Dec 26 06:59 12346_kms_report.csv -rw-rw-r--. 1 Roots Roots 0 Dec 26 06:59 12347_kms_report.csv -rw-rw-r--. 1 Roots Roots 0 Dec 26 06:59... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balraj
2 Replies
SPLIT(1)								FSF								  SPLIT(1)

NAME
split - split a file into pieces SYNOPSIS
split [OPTION] [INPUT [PREFIX]] DESCRIPTION
Output fixed-size pieces of INPUT to PREFIXaa, PREFIXab, ...; default PREFIX is `x'. With no INPUT, or when INPUT is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -a, --suffix-length=N use suffixes of length N (default 2) -b, --bytes=SIZE put SIZE bytes per output file -C, --line-bytes=SIZE put at most SIZE bytes of lines per output file -l, --lines=NUMBER put NUMBER lines per output file --verbose print a diagnostic to standard error just before each output file is opened --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE may have a multiplier suffix: b for 512, k for 1K, m for 1 Meg. AUTHOR
Written by Torbjorn Granlund and Richard M. Stallman. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for split is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and split programs are properly installed at your site, the command info split should give you access to the complete manual. split (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 SPLIT(1)