Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Execution problems with Mailx Post 302617111 by Srinathkiru on Monday 2nd of April 2012 10:07:57 PM
Old 04-02-2012
Getting no reply

root@sshldb # telnet smtp.mail.apac.microsoftonline.com 25
Trying 207.46.62.153...

Thanks for your support. Let me check this connectivity and come back to you on the results

---------- Post updated at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:37 AM ----------

Hi Susi,

the one which i tried was the new server which is not working.
Here are the outcomes of the old one.

root@sshldb # ping smtp.sshcorp.com
smtp.sshcorp.com is alive
root@sshldb # nslookup smtp.sshcorp.com
*** Can't find server name for address 127.0.0.1: No response from server
*** Default servers are not available
root@sshldb # telnet smtp.sshcorp.com 25
Trying 15.12.88.10...
Connected to smtp.sshcorp.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 sshcorp.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.4675 ready at Tue, 3 Apr 2012 10:02:14 +0800

I am able to ping the server but nslookup doesnt work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 9 mailx problems

how come I cant email myself, here is what im typing mailx saundersc Subject: hi hello world . EOT # su saundersc # mailx No mail for saundersc (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
5 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Execution Problems with Cron

Hi all!! I have a nerve-wracking concept (probably for me!!) which is not understood. My crontab entry looks this way. 33 09 22 3 * /home/myexp.sh "Bgp4 ALL" >/dev/null 2>&1 But cron gets started occasionally. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it does not. And sometimes it hangs in the middle (I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhivyasuresh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems!!

i have been working on this for a about 12 hours today say's end of file un expected any idea's using the bourne shell and its driving me nuts worked fine in bash but prof says make it work in bourne and good luck worth 13% any help would be awesome #!/bin/sh trap "rm mnt2/source/tmp/* 2>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrhiab
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems

this my source file ************* fixed *************** Begin equipmentId : d9 processor : fox number : bhhhhhh Variable # 1: Id : 100 Type : 9 nType : s gType : 5f mType : 4 LField : England DataField : london Length ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: teefa
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution Problems with UNIX.

Hi Team, I created one file like tst.pl, it contains #!/usr/bin/perl use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel; During execution it's showing error like use: command not found. Pleast let me suggest how to use this perl menthods in Unix. Thanks in Advance, Reards, Harris (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution Problems with Crontab

Dear Folks, I have written a shell script which internally connects to oracle database through sqplplus command line. The script runs fine when run manually. Now I am scheduling it to run (Linux environment) from crontab. In crontab it is failing with an error: sqlplus command... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamojitc
6 Replies

7. HP-UX

Execution problems with swreg

HP UX 10.20 I have a directory "/var/spool/sw" which is supposed to be a "Depot" directory. Turns out it is not and when using the swreg command "swreg -l /var/spool/sw" I get errors in part ERROR for option "-l /var/spool/sw" keyword or it's value may be incorrect or the keyword does not apply... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Execution problems

How to find a word in a directory which contains many files? i just want to count how many such words are present in all the files? This is the code which i tried for a single file echo "Enter the file name:" read file echo "Enter the word to search:" read word if then echo "The count... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems with awk

Ubuntu, Bash 4.3.48 Hi, I have this input file: a1:b2:c30:g4:h12:j7 and I want this output file: a1=g4:b2=h12:c30=j7 I can do it this with this code: awk -F':' '{print $1"="$4":"$2"="$5":"$3"="$6"}' INPUT > OUTPUTIn this case I have 6 columns, I calculate manually the half number of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: echo manolis
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Execution Problems with Solaris 8

i have problems with using solaries 8 . code and commands for extracting files from CD ? especially extracting file.jar from package and batch (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moh_abaloo
1 Replies
STG-IMPORT(1)							   StGit Manual 						     STG-IMPORT(1)

NAME
stg-import - Import a GNU diff file as a new patch SYNOPSIS
stg import [options] [<file>|<url>] DESCRIPTION
Create a new patch and apply the given GNU diff file (or the standard input). By default, the file name is used as the patch name but this can be overridden with the --name option. The patch can either be a normal file with the description at the top or it can have standard mail format, the Subject, From and Date headers being used for generating the patch information. The command can also read series and mbox files. If a patch does not apply cleanly, the failed diff is written to the .stgit-failed.patch file and an empty StGIT patch is added to the stack. The patch description has to be separated from the data with a --- line. OPTIONS
-m, --mail Import the patch from a standard e-mail file. -M, --mbox Import a series of patches from an mbox file. -s, --series Import a series of patches from a series file or a tar archive. -u, --url Import a patch from a URL. -n NAME, --name NAME Use NAME as the patch name. -p N, --strip N Remove N leading slashes from diff paths (default 1). -t, --stripname Strip numbering and extension from patch name. -i, --ignore Ignore the applied patches in the series. --replace Replace the unapplied patches in the series. -b BASE, --base BASE Use BASE instead of HEAD for file importing. --reject Leave the rejected hunks in corresponding *.rej files. -e, --edit Invoke an editor for the patch description. -d, --showdiff Show the patch content in the editor buffer. -a "NAME <EMAIL>", --author "NAME <EMAIL>" Use "NAME <EMAIL>" as the author details. --authname AUTHNAME Use AUTHNAME as the author name. --authemail AUTHEMAIL Use AUTHEMAIL as the author e-mail. --authdate AUTHDATE Use AUTHDATE as the author date. --sign Add a "Signed-off-by:" to the end of the patch. --ack Add an "Acked-by:" line to the end of the patch. STGIT
Part of the StGit suite - see linkman:stg[1] StGit 03/13/2012 STG-IMPORT(1)