Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: creating a share file
Operating Systems Solaris creating a share file Post 302617089 by sunadmin on Monday 2nd of April 2012 05:22:50 AM
Old 04-02-2012
Hi,

NFS is the way to share & mount the remote filesystems or directories in solaris. Following link may help you on this -

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/sy...sp-140792.html

All the best Smilie

Last edited by sunadmin; 04-03-2012 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: Editing the link URL
This User Gave Thanks to sunadmin For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to share the unix file for other client 's access

Hi , I am new to the unix . And right now I have a unix machine "test" . I want to share a folder in the /opt/example .AND I hope when I use a windows machine to access the unix machine ,ep:start->cmd->\\test,I can see the shared folder "example", what shall I do thanks :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: floopw
2 Replies

2. Linux

how i can share the file between unix or linux in windows ??

hello everybody i have one quetion :( about how i can share my file in windows to use it in linux explane i have to opreating system windows xp and linux fedore core and unix ( sun solaris 10 ) and i want to open me file that is storege in windows <<< want to open it in unix or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msn22
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Watch for File on Windows share using Shell Script

Watch for File on Windows share using Shell Script I want to poll a particular file on a Windows shared drive using shell script and copy it to a Unix directory if present. Step wise execution: 1) Poll/watch for a file in the following location on Windows share:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dharam_v
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Watch for File on Windows share using Shell Script

I want to poll a particular file on a Windows shared drive using shell script and copy it to a Unix directory if present. Step wise execution: 1) Poll/watch for a file in the following location on Windows share: (SRC_DIR=\\mum\dharmesh\research\ST_DXR_20080821 to DXR.xls) 2) If present,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dharam_v
1 Replies

5. Programming

share file descriptor between childs

#include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <sys/wait.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <signal.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <string.h> #define BUFF_SIZE 256 #define CHILDS 4 #define DATAFILE "Client_Files.txt" void worker(int n);... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlcpereira
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with data reformat if share share content

Input data: read1_data1 read1_data1 read2_data1 read3_data1 read4_data1 read4_data1 read4_data1 read5_data1 . . Desired output result: read1_data1 read1_data2 read2_data1 read3_data1 read4_data1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Script that, if file exists in Samba share, moves file to Unix server

I'm looking to do pretty much what the title says. I want a script that runs, it can run on Unix or Windows, doesn't matter, and searches a Samba shares for a .txt file. If the file exists, the script will move (or possibly copy) the file from the Samba share into a directory on our Unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: twcostello
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get file from share drive when filename with spaces using samba client?

Hi Team, I am not able to get file name from shared drive when filename have spaces in it. following command i am using. filename="REP00105 - ABC XYZ (SCM)_ 1.TXT" /hfx/opt/samba220/bin/smbclient \\\\${nt_host}\\${nt_share} ${NT_PASSWORD} -U${NT_USERNAME} -c "cd ${nt_directory}; prompt;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating dated folder name in SMB share

I can't seen to figure this out. Let's say I want to create a folder with the name "August2017". In regular terminal prompt I can type mkdir `date +%B%Y` But when I'm connected to a SMB share (at the smb: prompt), the command doesn't translate properly. A folder gets created but the name is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdch1000
4 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. Under Linux 2.6.32 and later kernel versions, mount.nfs can mount all NFS file system versions. Under earlier Linux kernel versions, mount.nfs4 must be used for mounting NFSv4 file systems while mount.nfs must be used for NFSv3 and v2. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)