Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Execution problems with Mailx Post 302617055 by susindram on Monday 2nd of April 2012 04:41:07 AM
Old 04-02-2012
Hi Srinath,

Please give your relay server name.I guess your relay server name is mailhost.sshcorp.com and telnet to the mailhost.sshcorp.com IP.Please take IP from nslookup in cmd...

No need to specify the any where apart from main.cf.........

We need to enable mail access in relay host server first.Thats why i have asked telnet to your relay server.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 9 mailx problems

how come I cant email myself, here is what im typing mailx saundersc Subject: hi hello world . EOT # su saundersc # mailx No mail for saundersc (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
5 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Execution Problems with Cron

Hi all!! I have a nerve-wracking concept (probably for me!!) which is not understood. My crontab entry looks this way. 33 09 22 3 * /home/myexp.sh "Bgp4 ALL" >/dev/null 2>&1 But cron gets started occasionally. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it does not. And sometimes it hangs in the middle (I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhivyasuresh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems!!

i have been working on this for a about 12 hours today say's end of file un expected any idea's using the bourne shell and its driving me nuts worked fine in bash but prof says make it work in bourne and good luck worth 13% any help would be awesome #!/bin/sh trap "rm mnt2/source/tmp/* 2>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrhiab
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems

this my source file ************* fixed *************** Begin equipmentId : d9 processor : fox number : bhhhhhh Variable # 1: Id : 100 Type : 9 nType : s gType : 5f mType : 4 LField : England DataField : london Length ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: teefa
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution Problems with UNIX.

Hi Team, I created one file like tst.pl, it contains #!/usr/bin/perl use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel; During execution it's showing error like use: command not found. Pleast let me suggest how to use this perl menthods in Unix. Thanks in Advance, Reards, Harris (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution Problems with Crontab

Dear Folks, I have written a shell script which internally connects to oracle database through sqplplus command line. The script runs fine when run manually. Now I am scheduling it to run (Linux environment) from crontab. In crontab it is failing with an error: sqlplus command... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamojitc
6 Replies

7. HP-UX

Execution problems with swreg

HP UX 10.20 I have a directory "/var/spool/sw" which is supposed to be a "Depot" directory. Turns out it is not and when using the swreg command "swreg -l /var/spool/sw" I get errors in part ERROR for option "-l /var/spool/sw" keyword or it's value may be incorrect or the keyword does not apply... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Execution problems

How to find a word in a directory which contains many files? i just want to count how many such words are present in all the files? This is the code which i tried for a single file echo "Enter the file name:" read file echo "Enter the word to search:" read word if then echo "The count... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems with awk

Ubuntu, Bash 4.3.48 Hi, I have this input file: a1:b2:c30:g4:h12:j7 and I want this output file: a1=g4:b2=h12:c30=j7 I can do it this with this code: awk -F':' '{print $1"="$4":"$2"="$5":"$3"="$6"}' INPUT > OUTPUTIn this case I have 6 columns, I calculate manually the half number of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: echo manolis
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Execution Problems with Solaris 8

i have problems with using solaries 8 . code and commands for extracting files from CD ? especially extracting file.jar from package and batch (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moh_abaloo
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)