Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with selective ls
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with selective ls Post 302617009 by Scrutinizer on Monday 2nd of April 2012 03:36:45 AM
Old 04-02-2012
Try:
Code:
ls -1tr log_[0-9].xml  log_[0-9][0-9].xml  log_[0-9][0-9][0-9].xml  log_[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].xml  log_[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].xml 2>/dev/null

Less exact, but you might get away with:
Code:
ls -1tr log_*[0-9].xml

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo is selective?

i tried to ask about this earlier, but didn't explain well enough. From a script, i issue the following: echo `pgp --encrypt filename --recipient public-key` The result is perfect. The encrypted file is in the directory just as if i'd issued the pgp command from the command line. However,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgard
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Selective Umask

Hi, We have umask 022 in /etc/profile for security reasons. But I want have some other umask for selected users. how to achieve this? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

selective masquerading

I am running Linux 2.6.20 on i686 architecture. I want to be able to masquerade different hosts on my LAN to different external interfaces. Specifically, I want one specific host to masquerade through a vpn tunnel while the other hosts simply masquerade over the regular ISP interface. I only... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NESter
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

selective printing

hi all from below text "abcd,SYS_12345,xyz,PQR, ," I want to print only "abcd,SYS,xyz,PQR, ," i.e. taking only first three 3 chars from 2 string of comma separated file thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoeColeEPL9
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

selective grep

Hello, I have been using the command below for file manipulation. while read A B; do grep $f1; done < f2 > f3 So, if a certain string is found in f2 (for ex; DOG243435) and it is also present in f1, then print that string plus the contents of the line in which it was found onto f3. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective grep

I have to grep out only email address from a column. It has characters appended and prepended F=<sss1@domain.com> <sss2@domain.com> (sss3@domain.com) <sss4@domain.com> Whatever added before and after email, I should be able to grep out only emails. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective grouping

I have a text file in this format. Group: AAA Notes: IP : 11.11.11.11 #User xxxxxxxxx #Password aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Group: AAA Notes: IP : 11.11.11.22 #User yyyyyyyyyyyyy #Password bbbbbbbbbbbbb (8 Replies)
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective replace

i have a large sequence of format sat_1_g3_g_0_8540 . A 1 15501 . . . ID=sat_1_g3_g_0_8540;parentName=sat_1_g3_g_0_8540;Al=sat_1_g2_g_0_8540; sat_1_g3_g_2_8510 . C 1 25501 . . . ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: siya@
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective printing

I have the following contents in a file ---- CRITICAL: altered for /usr/bin/bin1 ---- OK: /usr/sbin/bin2 result fine ---- OK: /usr/sbin/bin3 result fine ---- CRITICAL: altered for /usr/bin/bin4 ---- OK: /usr/bin/bin5 result fine ---- OK: /usr/bin/bin6 result fine ---- CRITICAL: altered for... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective running

I have MegaCli64 -PDList -aALL | grep -E 'Enclosure Device ID|Slot Number' Enclosure Device ID: 252 Slot Number: 0 Enclosure Device ID: 252 Slot Number: 1 Enclosure Device ID: 252 Slot Number: 2 Enclosure Device ID: 252 Slot Number: 3 I need to run the following command on all slots... (4 Replies)
4 Replies
BINFMT.D(5)							     binfmt.d							       BINFMT.D(5)

NAME
binfmt.d - Configure additional binary formats at boot SYNOPSIS
/etc/binfmt.d/*.conf /run/binfmt.d/*.conf /usr/lib/binfmt.d/*.conf DESCRIPTION
systemd uses files from the above directories to configure additional binary formats to register during boot in the kernel. CONFIGURATION FORMAT
Each file contains a list of binfmt_misc kernel binary format rules. Consult binfmt_misc.txt[1] for more information on registration of additional binary formats and how to write rules. Empty lines and lines beginning with ; and # are ignored. Note that this means you may not use ; and # as delimiter in binary format rules. Each configuration file is named in the style of <program>.conf. Files in /etc/ overwrite files with the same name in /usr/lib/. Files in /run overwrite files with the same name in /etc/ and /usr/lib/. Packages should install their configuration files in /usr/lib/, files in /etc/ are reserved for the local administration, which possibly decides to overwrite the configurations installed from packages. All files are sorted by filename in alphabetical order, regardless in which of the directories they reside, to ensure that a specific configuration file takes precedence over another file with an alphabetically later name. EXAMPLE
Example 1. /etc/binfmt.d/wine.conf example: # Start WINE on Windows executables :DOSWin:M::MZ::/usr/bin/wine: SEE ALSO
systemd(1), wine(8) AUTHOR
Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.net> Developer NOTES
1. binfmt_misc.txt http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/binfmt_misc.txt systemd 10/07/2013 BINFMT.D(5)