Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications MySQL - optimize using other storage volume Post 302616665 by radoulov on Sunday 1st of April 2012 07:04:48 AM
Old 04-01-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by treesloth
So, I need to optimize a very large MySQL table. This process creates a TMD that seems to approach the size of the original MYD. [...]
Well,
are you sure that the table needs optimization?

Quote:
OPTIMIZE TABLE should be used if you have deleted a large part of a table
or if you have made many changes to a table with variable-length rows
(tables that have VARCHAR, VARBINARY, BLOB, or TEXT columns).

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to optimize apache and mysql on my dedicated server?

Hi, Any one please suggest me the best mysql, apache settings for the given below scenario. My Server config: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5504 @ 2.00GHz 8GB RAM 300GB HDD Website: It's a famous wordpress blog Mysql DB size: 235MB Expectations: Server should be handle 600+ concurrent... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandranjoy
0 Replies
DROP 
TABLE(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation DROP TABLE(7) NAME
DROP_TABLE - remove a table SYNOPSIS
DROP TABLE [ IF EXISTS ] name [, ...] [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] DESCRIPTION
DROP TABLE removes tables from the database. Only the table owner, the schema owner, and superuser can drop a table. To empty a table of rows without destroying the table, use DELETE(7) or TRUNCATE(7). DROP TABLE always removes any indexes, rules, triggers, and constraints that exist for the target table. However, to drop a table that is referenced by a view or a foreign-key constraint of another table, CASCADE must be specified. (CASCADE will remove a dependent view entirely, but in the foreign-key case it will only remove the foreign-key constraint, not the other table entirely.) PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the table does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table to drop. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the table (such as views). RESTRICT Refuse to drop the table if any objects depend on it. This is the default. EXAMPLES
To destroy two tables, films and distributors: DROP TABLE films, distributors; COMPATIBILITY
This command conforms to the SQL standard, except that the standard only allows one table to be dropped per command, and apart from the IF EXISTS option, which is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
ALTER TABLE (ALTER_TABLE(7)), CREATE TABLE (CREATE_TABLE(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 DROP TABLE(7)