Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Project hosting?
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Project hosting? Post 302616622 by Neo on Sunday 1st of April 2012 01:55:44 AM
Old 04-01-2012
Please describe in detail what you are requesting.

Thanks.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SSH doesn't pick up user's project from /etc/project

We have a system running ssh. When a user logs in, they do not get the project they are assigned to (they run under "system"). I verify the project using the command "ps -e -o user,pid,ppid,args,project". If you do a "su - username", the user does get the project they are assigned to (and all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurgan
2 Replies

2. Solaris

what is the use of /etc/project file and project administration commands?

i have two doubts.. 1. what is the use /etc/project file. i renamed this file and when i tried to switch user or login with some user account the login was happening slowly. but when i renamed it to original name it was working fine... why so? 2. unix already has useradd and grouadd for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A new project was posted on The UNIX and Linux Forums project board.

A new project was posted on your project board. Project title: Bash Shell Tutoring Estimated Budget: $50/hr Start date: Immediately Required skills: Linux, Bash, Shell, UNIX I work as a datawarehouse designer and developer. Although I usually stick to the role of an analyst,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MilesWeb.com shared hosting or unlimited hosting plans?

I want to host a website in India, after all my research I have found MilesWeb.com, I am planning to go for their shared plan http://www.milesweb.com/cpanel-hosting.php I have test their contact options and response time, they are really available 24/7. I have checked few other providers, they... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Guruguy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FINDING DUPLICATE PROJECT ( directory project )

I have a project tree like that. after running find command with the -no -empty option, i am able to have a list of non empty directory DO_MY_SEARCH="find . -type d -not -empty -print0" MY_EXCLUDE_DIR1=" -e NOT_IN_USE -e RTMAP -e NOT_USEFULL " echo " " > $MY_TEMP_RESULT_1 while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
explain_rmdir(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  explain_rmdir(3)

NAME
explain_rmdir - explain rmdir(2) errors SYNOPSIS
#include <libexplain/rmdir.h> const char *explain_rmdir(const char *pathname); const char *explain_errno_rmdir(int errnum, const char pathname); void explain_message_rmdir(char *message, int message_size, const char *pathname); void explain_message_errno_rmdir(char *message, int message_size, int errnum, const char *pathname); DESCRIPTION
These functions may be used to obtain explanations for errors returned by the rmdir(2) system call. explain_rmdir const char *explain_rmdir(const char *pathname); The explain_rmdir function may be used to describe errors returned by the rmdir() system call. The least the message will contain is the value of strerror(errno), but usually it will do much better, and indicate the underlying cause in more detail. The errno global variable will be used to obtain the error value to be decoded. This function is intended to be used in a fashion similar to the following example: if (rmdir(pathname) < 0) { fprintf(stderr, "%s ", explain_rmdir(pathname)); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } pathname The original pathname, exactly as passed to the rmdir(2) system call. Returns: The message explaining the error. This message buffer is shared by all libexplain functions which do not supply a buffer in their argument list. This will be overwritten by the next call to any libexplain function which shares this buffer, including other threads. Note: This function is not thread safe, because it shares a return buffer across all threads, and many other functions in this library. explain_errno_rmdir const char *explain_errno_rmdir(int errnum, const char *pathname); The explain_errno_rmdir function may be used to describe errors returned by the rmdir() system call. The least the message will contain is the value of strerror(errnum), but usually it will do much better, and indicate the underlying cause in more detail. This function is intended to be used in a fashion similar to the following example: if (rmdir(pathname) < 0) { int err = errno; fprintf(stderr, "%s ", explain_rmdir(err, pathname)); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } errnum The error value to be decoded, usually obtained from the errno global variable just before this function is called. This is neces- sary if you need to call any code between the system call to be explained and this function, because many libc functions will alter the value of errno. pathname The original pathname, exactly as passed to the rmdir(2) system call. Returns: The message explaining the error. This message buffer is shared by all libexplain functions which do not supply a buffer in their argument list. This will be overwritten by the next call to any libexplain function which shares this buffer, including other threads. Note: This function is not thread safe, because it shares a return buffer across all threads, and many other functions in this library. explain_message_rmdir void explain_message_rmdir(char *message, int message_size, const char *pathname); The explain_message_rmdir function may be used to describe errors returned by the rmdir() system call. The least the message will contain is the value of strerror(errno), but usually it will do much better, and indicate the underlying cause in more detail. The errno global variable will be used to obtain the error value to be decoded. This function is intended to be used in a fashion similar to the following example: if (rmdir(pathname) < 0) { char message[3000]; explain_message_rmdir(message, sizeof(message), pathname); fprintf(stderr, "%s ", message); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } message The location in which to store the returned message. If a suitable message return buffer is supplied, this function is thread safe. message_size The size in bytes of the location in which to store the returned message. pathname The original pathname, exactly as passed to the rmdir(2) system call. explain_message_errno_rmdir void explain_message_errno_rmdir(char *message, int message_size, int errnum, const char *pathname); The explain_message_errno_rmdir function may be used to describe errors returned by the rmdir() system call. The least the message will contain is the value of strerror(errnum), but usually it will do much better, and indicate the underlying cause in more detail. This function is intended to be used in a fashion similar to the following example: if (rmdir(pathname) < 0) { int err = errno; char message[3000]; explain_message_errno_rmdir(message, sizeof(message), err, pathname); fprintf(stderr, "%s ", message); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } message The location in which to store the returned message. If a suitable message return buffer is supplied, this function is thread safe. message_size The size in bytes of the location in which to store the returned message. errnum The error value to be decoded, usually obtained from the errno global variable just before this function is called. This is neces- sary if you need to call any code between the system call to be explained and this function, because many libc functions will alter the value of errno. pathname The original pathname, exactly as passed to the rmdir(2) system call. SEE ALSO
rmdir delete a directory explain_rmdir_or_die delete a directory and report errors COPYRIGHT
libexplain version 0.52 Copyright (C) 2008 Peter Miller explain_rmdir(3)