Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Execution Problem with socket Post 302616387 by Corona688 on Saturday 31st of March 2012 02:10:18 AM
Old 03-31-2012
What does the network between these two different machines look like?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Socket Problem

Hi all, I have developed server/client application (using C) and tested it on the same machine .. but when I deploy them on different machines I get connection timeout. Well .. server machine and client machine exists on different network segments, so there is a linux firewall box to route... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agent007
3 Replies

2. Programming

Problem Connecting to Socket

Can anyone help? I'm trying to write a program which will write to a socket. I can get the server to run, but always get an error when I try to connect. It gives me an error at the "connect" command. It's probably a simple error, but I can't seem to find it. #include <sys/socket.h>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stevhp
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with socket reading

I am not able to receive the message on socket in the current process when its waiting for its child to exit. code looks something like below //in one thread of the current process //thread 1 =============================================== int numBytes = read(sockid,buf,SIZE); //Now the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swap007
2 Replies

4. Programming

and again, socket() related problem...

Dear All, I've searched many topics and googled many web-pages, but still I didn't found solution to this problem. I want to set timeout for connect(). The thing is, that my code works only on BSD, on Linux (tested on SuSE box) it freezes at connect() call :( bool SomeFunc(std::string... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sggkxv
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect problem for sctp socket (ipv6 socket) - Runtime fail Invalid Arguments

Hi, I was porting ipv4 application to ipv6; i was done with TCP transports. Now i am facing problem with SCTp transport at runtime. To test SCTP transport I am using following server and client socket programs. Server program runs fine, but client program fails giving Invalid Arguments for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrutiptur
0 Replies

6. Programming

Problem with socket connection

I have a client /server file operation program.It works properly when i run the client and server program in the same system.but when i try to run the client in one system and server in another system i am getting an error in the cleint machine as "ERROR:Connection refused". Plz help me in this ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vigneshinbox
1 Replies

7. Programming

Problem with Socket program..

I wrote a program which will send a message to multiple clients(i.e, broadcasting) that are connected to a server.Once when the client receives a message from the server ,the client should read a file in the server and display it in the client.The client which responds (i.e, client wants all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigneshinbox
3 Replies

8. Programming

Socket++ library problem.

Hi, My name is Daniel and I'm spanish, so I'm sorry if you can't undertand something becouse of my low-level english. Something stranger is happening to me with socket++ library and I don't know how to work on it. I has a library called commands.so and the sslclient is and object of that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lock.cda
4 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

socket programing-problem with server

hi, i am new to socket programming.i have a problem in server.requirement is it should continuosly read the requests from client(sends requests continuously) and after certain delay(i kept der sleep) should send response. for this i used msgqueues so that after reading it is sending into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandinisree
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

socket programing-problem with server

hi, i am new to socket programming.i have a problem in server.requirement is it should continuosly read the requests from client(sends requests continuously) and after certain delay(i kept der sleep) should send response. for this i used msgqueues so that after reading it is sending into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandinisree
1 Replies
rwall(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 rwall(1M)

NAME
rwall - write to all users over a network SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rwall hostname... /usr/sbin/rwall -n netgroup... /usr/sbin/rwall -h hostname -n netgroup DESCRIPTION
rwall reads a message from standard input until EOF. It then sends this message, preceded by the line: Broadcast Message ... to all users logged in on the specified host machines. With the -n option, it sends to the specified network groups. OPTIONS
-n netgroup Send the broadcast message to the specified network groups. -h hostname Specify the hostname, the name of the host machine. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmdc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
inetd(1M), listen(1M), pmadm(1M), sacadm(1M), wall(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
The timeout is fairly short to allow transmission to a large group of machines (some of which may be down) in a reasonable amount of time. Thus the message may not get through to a heavily loaded machine. SunOS 5.11 6 Nov 2000 rwall(1M)