Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can't open VirtualBox from Tera Term X11 error Post 302616155 by admin_xor on Friday 30th of March 2012 02:45:22 PM
Old 03-30-2012
Yes, Xming needs to be running.

To enable X11 forwarding in Tera Term, do this:

Start TeraTerm, click Setup, SSH Forwarding ..., make sure "X Forwarding" is active. After this save the setup (Setup, Save Setup ...), exit TeraTerm and restart it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Create a Term & Run chars on this Term

hi floks ! i'd like to know how can i transmete a character or a string from my source code to a term and make it interpret or un by the shell wich is running in my term. I'd like to create a Term from my code (and get its file descriptor) and then transmete each char typed on the keyboard to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_tical
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search term and output term in desired field

Hi All, I have an input_file below and i would like to use Perl to search for the term "aaa" and output the 3rd term in the same row as "aaa".For Example, i want to search for the term "ddd" and would want the code to ouput the 3rd term in the same row which is "fff". Can somebody help ? ... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
28 Replies

3. Solaris

ssh X11 tunnelling error

Hello freinds. Recently installed solaris 10 on a "sun ultra 10" with all the included features in the 5 CD set except sendmail support which i never needed. I am trying to ssh into the servers at my school which I can very easily do using linux. It seems that there is something wrong with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aijazbaig1
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Tera Terminal Emulator

Hello Expert! :b: Question for you guys, Can anyone tell me how to use terminal emulator on Windows XP to view Solaris config? I have no idea on Solaris and the only thing I could do is to boot it up. Honestly, I have given a tasked to delete all the files and some necessary memory information... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katsloko
2 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Permission Denied Error with X11

Hello, I am using Tiger 10.4.11 I am trying out the GIMP, so I installed the X11 package from "Optional Installs" on the cd. Whenever I open X11, I get an error: xterm: could not exec /dev/null: Permission denied I have chmodded /dev/null to 777, as well as the /tmp directory. I deleted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ricardo-san
2 Replies

6. Solaris

X11 and "Cannot Open Display" errors

Greetings Forumers! I'm posting a solution to an Issue I ran into this week: Getting applications to display on another through X11 and SSH. I have run into this issue many years ago and finally found my notes. Some of you may already know the answer to this issue but it took me a while to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

7. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Error in virtualbox while instaling guest additions

Failed to open the CD/DVD image /usr/lib/virtualbox/additions/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso. Could not get the storage format of the medium '/usr/lib/virtualbox/additions/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso' (VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED). Result Code: VBOX_E_IPRT_ERROR (0x80BB0005) Component: Medium Interface: IMedium... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with rm command in a tera byte file system

We have a production file system which has 6+ million files with more than 1 tera byte in size. When trying to delete selective files through a weekly script files are not deleted. Please advise with ideas. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kppublicmail
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error term undefined

i keep getting this error when i ssh using my id - any idea (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tariq_m
2 Replies
Wiki::Toolkit::Setup::MySQL(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Wiki::Toolkit::Setup::MySQL(3pm)

NAME
Wiki::Toolkit::Setup::MySQL - Set up tables for a Wiki::Toolkit store in a MySQL database. SYNOPSIS
use Wiki::Toolkit::Setup::MySQL; Wiki::Toolkit::Setup::MySQL::setup($dbname, $dbuser, $dbpass, $dbhost); Omit $dbhost if the database is local. DESCRIPTION
Set up a MySQL database for use as a Wiki::Toolkit store. FUNCTIONS
setup use Wiki::Toolkit::Setup::MySQL; Wiki::Toolkit::Setup::MySQL::setup($dbname, $dbuser, $dbpass, $dbhost); or Wiki::Toolkit::Setup::Mysql::setup( $dbh ); You can either provide an active database handle $dbh or connection parameters. If you provide connection parameters the following arguments are mandatory -- the database name, the username and the password. The username must be able to create and drop tables in the database. The $dbhost argument is optional -- omit it if the database is local. NOTE: If a table that the module wants to create already exists, "setup" will leave it alone. This means that you can safely run this on an existing Wiki::Toolkit database to bring the schema up to date with the current Wiki::Toolkit version. If you wish to completely start again with a fresh database, run "cleardb" first. cleardb use Wiki::Toolkit::Setup::MySQL; # Clear out all Wiki::Toolkit tables from the database. Wiki::Toolkit::Setup::MySQL::cleardb($dbname, $dbuser, $dbpass, $dbhost); or Wiki::Toolkit::Setup::Mysql::cleardb( $dbh ); You can either provide an active database handle $dbh or connection parameters. If you provide connection parameters the following arguments are mandatory -- the database name, the username and the password. The username must be able to drop tables in the database. The $dbhost argument is optional -- omit if the database is local. Clears out all Wiki::Toolkit store tables from the database. NOTE that this will lose all your data; you probably only want to use this for testing purposes or if you really screwed up somewhere. Note also that it doesn't touch any Wiki::Toolkit search backend tables; if you have any of those in the same or a different database see either Wiki::Toolkit::Setup::DBIxFTS or Wiki::Toolkit::Setup::SII, depending on which search backend you're using. ALTERNATIVE CALLING SYNTAX
As requested by Podmaster. Instead of passing arguments to the methods as ($dbname, $dbuser, $dbpass, $dbhost) you can pass them as ( { dbname => $dbname, dbuser => $dbuser, dbpass => $dbpass, dbhost => $dbhost } ) or indeed as ( { dbh => $dbh } ) Note that's a hashref, not a hash. AUTHOR
Kake Pugh (kake@earth.li). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2004 Kake Pugh. All Rights Reserved. Copyright (C) 2006-2008 the Wiki::Toolkit team. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Wiki::Toolkit, Wiki::Toolkit::Setup::DBIxMySQL, Wiki::Toolkit::Setup::SII perl v5.14.2 2011-09-25 Wiki::Toolkit::Setup::MySQL(3pm)