Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can't open VirtualBox from Tera Term X11 error Post 302616155 by admin_xor on Friday 30th of March 2012 02:45:22 PM
Old 03-30-2012
Yes, Xming needs to be running.

To enable X11 forwarding in Tera Term, do this:

Start TeraTerm, click Setup, SSH Forwarding ..., make sure "X Forwarding" is active. After this save the setup (Setup, Save Setup ...), exit TeraTerm and restart it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Create a Term & Run chars on this Term

hi floks ! i'd like to know how can i transmete a character or a string from my source code to a term and make it interpret or un by the shell wich is running in my term. I'd like to create a Term from my code (and get its file descriptor) and then transmete each char typed on the keyboard to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_tical
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search term and output term in desired field

Hi All, I have an input_file below and i would like to use Perl to search for the term "aaa" and output the 3rd term in the same row as "aaa".For Example, i want to search for the term "ddd" and would want the code to ouput the 3rd term in the same row which is "fff". Can somebody help ? ... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
28 Replies

3. Solaris

ssh X11 tunnelling error

Hello freinds. Recently installed solaris 10 on a "sun ultra 10" with all the included features in the 5 CD set except sendmail support which i never needed. I am trying to ssh into the servers at my school which I can very easily do using linux. It seems that there is something wrong with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aijazbaig1
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Tera Terminal Emulator

Hello Expert! :b: Question for you guys, Can anyone tell me how to use terminal emulator on Windows XP to view Solaris config? I have no idea on Solaris and the only thing I could do is to boot it up. Honestly, I have given a tasked to delete all the files and some necessary memory information... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katsloko
2 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Permission Denied Error with X11

Hello, I am using Tiger 10.4.11 I am trying out the GIMP, so I installed the X11 package from "Optional Installs" on the cd. Whenever I open X11, I get an error: xterm: could not exec /dev/null: Permission denied I have chmodded /dev/null to 777, as well as the /tmp directory. I deleted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ricardo-san
2 Replies

6. Solaris

X11 and "Cannot Open Display" errors

Greetings Forumers! I'm posting a solution to an Issue I ran into this week: Getting applications to display on another through X11 and SSH. I have run into this issue many years ago and finally found my notes. Some of you may already know the answer to this issue but it took me a while to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

7. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Error in virtualbox while instaling guest additions

Failed to open the CD/DVD image /usr/lib/virtualbox/additions/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso. Could not get the storage format of the medium '/usr/lib/virtualbox/additions/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso' (VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED). Result Code: VBOX_E_IPRT_ERROR (0x80BB0005) Component: Medium Interface: IMedium... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with rm command in a tera byte file system

We have a production file system which has 6+ million files with more than 1 tera byte in size. When trying to delete selective files through a weekly script files are not deleted. Please advise with ideas. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kppublicmail
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error term undefined

i keep getting this error when i ssh using my id - any idea (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tariq_m
2 Replies
XmGetPixmap(3X) 														   XmGetPixmap(3X)

NAME
XmGetPixmap - A pixmap caching function that generates a pixmap, stores it in a pixmap cache, and returns the pixmap SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> Pixmap XmGetPixmap (screen, image_name, foreground, background) Screen *screen; char *image_name; Pixel foreground; Pixel background; DESCRIPTION
XmGetPixmap uses the parameter data to perform a lookup in the pixmap cache to see if a pixmap has already been generated that matches the data. If one is found, a reference count is incremented and the pixmap is returned. Applications should use XmDestroyPixmap when the pixmap is no longer needed. If a pixmap is not found, image_name is used to perform a lookup in the image cache. If an image is found, it is used to generate the pixmap, which is then cached and returned. If an image is not found, the image_name is used as a filename, and a search is made for an X10 or X11 bitmap file. If it is found, the file is read, converted into an image, and cached in the image cache. The image is then used to generate a pixmap, which is cached and returned. If image_name has a leading slash (/), it specifies a full pathname, and XmGetPixmap opens the file as specified. Otherwise, image_name specifies a filename. In this case XmGetPixmap looks for the file along a search path specified by the XBMLANGPATH environment variable or by a default search path, which varies depending on whether or not the XAPPLRESDIR environment variable is set. The XBMLANGPATH environment variable specifies a search path for X bitmap files. It can contain the substitution field %B, where the image_name argument to XmGetPixmap is substituted for %B. It can also contain the substitution fields accepted by XtResolvePathname. The substitution field %T is always mapped to bitmaps, and %S is always mapped to NULL. If XBMLANGPATH is not set but the environment variable XAPPLRESDIR is set, the following pathnames are searched: %B $XAPPLRESDIR/%L/bitmaps/%N/%B $XAPPLRESDIR/%l/bitmaps/%N/%B $XAPPLRESDIR/bitmaps/%N/%B $XAPPLRESDIR/%L/bitmaps/%B $XAPPLRESDIR/%l/bitmaps/%B $XAPPLRESDIR/bitmaps/%B $HOME/bitmaps/%B $HOME/%B /usr/lib/X11/%L/bitmaps/%N/%B /usr/lib/X11/%l/bitmaps/%N/%B /usr/lib/X11/bitmaps/%N/%B /usr/lib/X11/%L/bitmaps/%B /usr/lib/X11/%l/bitmaps/%B /usr/lib/X11/bitmaps/%B /usr/include/X11/bitmaps/%B If neither XBMLANGPATH nor XAPPLRESDIR is set, the following pathnames are searched: %B $HOME/%L/bitmaps/%N/%B $HOME/%l/bitmaps/%N/%B $HOME/bitmaps/%N/%B $HOME/%L/bitmaps/%B $HOME/%l/bitmaps/%B $HOME/bitmaps/%B $HOME/%B /usr/lib/X11/%L/bitmaps/%N/%B /usr/lib/X11/%l/bitmaps/%N/%B /usr/lib/X11/bitmaps/%N/%B /usr/lib/X11/%L/bitmaps/%B /usr/lib/X11/%l/bitmaps/%B /usr/lib/X11/bitmaps/%B /usr/include/X11/bitmaps/%B These paths are defaults that vendors may change. For example, a vendor may use different directories for /usr/lib/X11 and /usr/include/X11. The following substitutions are used in these paths: The image name, from the image_name argument. The class name of the application. The display's language string. The language component of the display's language string. Parameter descriptions are listed below: Specifies the display screen on which the pixmap is to be drawn. The depth of the pixmap is the default depth for this screen. Specifies the name of the image to be used to generate the pixmap Combines the image with the foreground color to create the pixmap if the image referenced is a bit-per-pixel image Combines the image with the background color to create the pixmap if the image referenced is a bit-per-pixel image RETURN VALUE
Returns a pixmap when successful; returns XmUNSPECIFIED_PIXMAP if the image corresponding to the image_name cannot be found. SEE ALSO
XmDestroyPixmap(3X), XmGetPixmapByDepth(3X), XmInstallImage(3X), XmUninstallImage(3X) XmGetPixmap(3X)