Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Check file name against convention Post 302616105 by scribling on Friday 30th of March 2012 01:44:32 PM
Old 03-30-2012
Sorry for the lack of info. I am looking for only files that DO NOT CONFORM to the standard naming convention.
The script will be run on a directory tree.
This code looks promising. How do I output only those files that do not conform?
I'm only testing frame #1 of the sequence to limit the results to a manageable output.
I'm only interested in files that do not conform. If a file conforms I want no output.

Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for a file, check for 2hrs. then quit

I wish to seach a Dir for a specific file, once the file is found i will perform additional logic. If the file is not found within two hours, i would like to exit. Logically, I'm looking for the best way to approach this Thanks for any assistance in advance. Note: I'm using a C shell and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmarsh
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Naming convention for Libraries..

Hi All, I need to know standard naming convention for Unix libraries (including all flavours of unix)..As I have gone through some sites and found out The UNIX convention for naming of libraries is lib<name>.so.<major>.<minor>.<revision> so is it statndard . also does it change... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkshukla14
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Naming convention script

OK, so a quick background: I am a sys admin for a 1:1 deployment in academia with Macbooks, totaling around 6,000. Macbooks get shifted around from building to building and go to and from the repair center if hardware repair is needed. Often, some machines will get moved from one building to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Before I delete any file in Unix, How can I check no open file handle is pointing to that file?

I know how to check if any file has a unix process using a file by looking at 'lsof <fullpath/filename>' command. I think using lsof is very expensive. Also to make it accurate we need to inlcude fullpath of the file. Is there another command that can tell if a file has a truely active... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies

6. Hardware

Motherboards naming convention

For the selection of motherboards, is there any naming convention in the type numbers? There is usually a brand name and sometimes a version name, but more essential details like form factor, SATA speed and maximum amount of RAM is never given. Is there a reason for that? Is there any background... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate files to one file with naming convention

Hi , i have below files in wrk folder. file names are 1102090001.CLT 1102090003.CLT 1102100019.CLT 1102100020.CLT the above files are concatenate to one file but that concatenate file name must be same naming convention. (date +%y%m%d)and 0001 count. example : concatenate file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: krbala1985
9 Replies

8. Fedora

Basic question regarding rpm naming convention.

Hi Guys, Where would i find the list of distribution codes. For example. samba-32bit-3.4.2 -1.1.3.1.x8664.rpm In above rpm file it is indicated that its release is 1.1.3.1 . The rpm is meant to be run for opensuse. Where would i get the linking of release number and distribution. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

File System Naming Convention

Hi, I am installing a new RHEL 5 application server containing JBOSS along with other specific 3rd party applications. I know that this usually gets installed in /opt but I was thinking of installing these on a new separtate lv / file system instead. i.e. /<my_new_FS_name> rather than... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the naming convention of the output file

Hi Currently we have nmon running on our Red hat Linux server. The ouput file is now coming with the naming convention as "servername_160321_0010.nmon". The output file naming convention has to be changed as "nmon_servername_daily_2016.03.21_00.00.00" How can we do it ? Any suggestions... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
10 Replies
cupstestppd(1)							    Apple Inc.							    cupstestppd(1)

NAME
cupstestppd - test conformance of ppd files SYNOPSIS
cupstestppd [ -I category ] [ -R rootdir ] [ -W category ] [ -q ] [-r] [ -v[v] ] filename.ppd[.gz] [ ... filenameN.ppd[.gz] ] cupstestppd [ -R rootdir ] [ -W category ] [ -q ] [-r] [ -v[v] ] - DESCRIPTION
cupstestppd tests the conformance of PPD files to the Adobe PostScript Printer Description file format specification version 4.3. It can also be used to list the supported options and available fonts in a PPD file. The results of testing and any other output are sent to the standard output. The first form of cupstestppd tests one or more PPD files on the command-line. The second form tests the PPD file provided on the standard input. OPTIONS
cupstestppd supports the following options: -I filename Ignores all PCFileName warnings. -I filters Ignores all filter errors. -I profiles Ignores all profile errors. -R rootdir Specifies an alternate root directory for the filter, pre-filter, and other support file checks. -W constraints Report all UIConstraint errors as warnings. -W defaults Except for size-related options, report all default option errors as warnings. -W filters Report all filter errors as warnings. -W profiles Report all profile errors as warnings. -W sizes Report all media size errors as warnings. -W translations Report all translation errors as warnings. -W all Report all of the previous errors as warnings. -W none Report all of the previous errors as errors. -q Specifies that no information should be displayed. -r Relaxes the PPD conformance requirements so that common whitespace, control character, and formatting problems are not treated as hard errors. -v Specifies that detailed conformance testing results should be displayed rather than the concise PASS/FAIL/ERROR status. -vv Specifies that all information in the PPD file should be displayed in addition to the detailed conformance testing results. The -q, -v, and -vv options are mutually exclusive. EXIT STATUS
cupstestppd returns zero on success and non-zero on error. The error codes are as follows: 1 Bad command-line arguments or missing PPD filename. 2 Unable to open or read PPD file. 3 The PPD file contains format errors that cannot be skipped. 4 The PPD file does not conform to the Adobe PPD specification. EXAMPLES
The following command will test all PPD files under the current directory and print the names of each file that does not conform: find . -name *.ppd ! -exec cupstestppd -q '{}' ; -print The next command tests all PPD files under the current directory and print detailed conformance testing results for the files that do not conform: find . -name *.ppd ! -exec cupstestppd -q '{}' ; -exec cupstestppd -v '{}' ; SEE ALSO
lpadmin(8), http://localhost:631/help Adobe PostScript Printer Description File Format Specification, Version 4.3. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2011 by Apple Inc. 19 November 2009 CUPS cupstestppd(1)