Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create a report for client with a text data file Post 302615847 by drl on Friday 30th of March 2012 11:08:26 AM
Old 03-30-2012
Hi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashily
it is very complicated for me as I am a newbie! I did some research and I found out that I can use "getopts" to work around this
I am not sure what it is that you are working around, however, yes, getopts is a good way to standardize the interface for scripts, and to ease the task of maintenance.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

---------- Post updated at 10:08 ---------- Previous update was at 06:47 ----------

Hi.

Quote:
I take a course for scripting and this is what I need to do for the final project. ... I am not able to figure out this one, even though I am good at my stuff. I appreciate it if you help with this:

-- excerpt from private message
I sympathize with your situation and thank you for your honesty, however, you should be using the forum designed for classwork:
Coursework, etc., forum
Code:
 Homework & Coursework Questions  (4 Viewing)
Students must use and complete the template provided. If you don't, your post may be deleted! Special homework rules apply here.

https://www.unix.com/homework-coursew...ons-forum.html

I do not plan to continue posting in this thread.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create data file from report file

Dear Ones, kindly help me to create a data file from the report file as shown here under( i am new one to unix KNOW BASIC COMMANDS) file:rama.prt (ist record)(3 to 4 lines of text with different filed names) Name :M.LALITHA DOB:12/11/45 DESG :JA(P) STANO:300175 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvvsnm
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format or create a matrix report from file

Dear Unix champs, I have a input file as attached, i would like to create an report from the file as below FileType | EQUENS0001 | EQUENS0002 | EQUENS1100 | EQUENS0003 --------+-------------------------------------------------------- Msg No |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple text file from a single text file on AIX

Hi I need to create multiple text files from onc text file on AIX. The data of text files is as below: ********************************************** ********************************************** DBVERIFY: Release 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on Tue Nov 10 13:45:42 2009 Copyright (c) 1982,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodhi1978
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace data in text file with data in same file

OK I will do my best to explain what I need help with. I am trying to format an ldif file so I can import it into Oracle oid. I need the file to look like this example. Keep in mind there are 3000 of these in the file. changetype: modify replace: userpassword dn:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timothyha22
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing a script to create a new text file with specific data from existing two files

Hi, I have two text files. Need to create a third text file extracting specific data from first two existing files.. Text File 1: Format contains: SQL*Loader: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Wed Aug 4 21:06:34 2010 some text ............so on...and somwhere text like: Record 1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi143ibm
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a text file whose content is the text of another files

Hello everyone, I work under Ubuntu 11.10 (c-shell) I need a script to create a new text file whose content is the text of another text files that are in the directory $DIRMAIL at this moment. I will show you an example: - On the one hand, there is a directory $DIRMAIL where there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tenteyu
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Create file for group of data:

Hi folks, I have the following data.Any help is greatly appreciated. order File_name 7222245 7222245.pdf 7222245 7222245a.pdf 7222245 7222245b.pdf 7222245 7222245c.pdf 7222245 7222245d.pdf 7222250 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar444
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

create txt file form data file and add some line on it

Hi Guys, I have file A.txt File A Data AK1521 AK2536 AK3164 I want create text file of all data above and write some data on each file. want Output on below folder /home/kka/out AK1521.txt Hi Welocme (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
3 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)