Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create a report for client with a text data file Post 302615589 by bashily on Thursday 29th of March 2012 11:54:14 PM
Old 03-30-2012
Create a report for client with a text data file

Hi,
I am an amateur bash scriptwriter and I need to write a script which creates a report in a formatted, easy to read table-like that is displayed to standard output. The script has to export the followings: Process ID,User Name, Command Name,Priority.....

Now I have a file that I can see all the report as a text, separated by comma like this:

1,root,init,20,0.0,0.1,0:01.78
1008,root,migration/0,1,2.0,1.8,7:04.32
5,root,watchdog/0,1,0.0,0.0,0:00.00

I need to have (-u option) which gives me a user specified by regex like this: myscript -u mytxt.top
This has to give me: The user name,The process name,The process ID,% of CPU Time,% of Memory
The output has to be like this:

I know that I have to use AWK or SED to get the total of CPU and other stuff... however I am not that comfortable to write this...
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

---------- Post updated at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:05 PM ----------

great! no solution?!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create data file from report file

Dear Ones, kindly help me to create a data file from the report file as shown here under( i am new one to unix KNOW BASIC COMMANDS) file:rama.prt (ist record)(3 to 4 lines of text with different filed names) Name :M.LALITHA DOB:12/11/45 DESG :JA(P) STANO:300175 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvvsnm
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format or create a matrix report from file

Dear Unix champs, I have a input file as attached, i would like to create an report from the file as below FileType | EQUENS0001 | EQUENS0002 | EQUENS1100 | EQUENS0003 --------+-------------------------------------------------------- Msg No |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple text file from a single text file on AIX

Hi I need to create multiple text files from onc text file on AIX. The data of text files is as below: ********************************************** ********************************************** DBVERIFY: Release 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on Tue Nov 10 13:45:42 2009 Copyright (c) 1982,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodhi1978
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace data in text file with data in same file

OK I will do my best to explain what I need help with. I am trying to format an ldif file so I can import it into Oracle oid. I need the file to look like this example. Keep in mind there are 3000 of these in the file. changetype: modify replace: userpassword dn:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timothyha22
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing a script to create a new text file with specific data from existing two files

Hi, I have two text files. Need to create a third text file extracting specific data from first two existing files.. Text File 1: Format contains: SQL*Loader: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Wed Aug 4 21:06:34 2010 some text ............so on...and somwhere text like: Record 1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi143ibm
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a text file whose content is the text of another files

Hello everyone, I work under Ubuntu 11.10 (c-shell) I need a script to create a new text file whose content is the text of another text files that are in the directory $DIRMAIL at this moment. I will show you an example: - On the one hand, there is a directory $DIRMAIL where there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tenteyu
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Create file for group of data:

Hi folks, I have the following data.Any help is greatly appreciated. order File_name 7222245 7222245.pdf 7222245 7222245a.pdf 7222245 7222245b.pdf 7222245 7222245c.pdf 7222245 7222245d.pdf 7222250 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar444
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

create txt file form data file and add some line on it

Hi Guys, I have file A.txt File A Data AK1521 AK2536 AK3164 I want create text file of all data above and write some data on each file. want Output on below folder /home/kka/out AK1521.txt Hi Welocme (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
3 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)