Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Console GUI kicks me after 30 seconds. Licensing issue? Post 302615425 by herot on Thursday 29th of March 2012 12:49:23 PM
Old 03-29-2012
How would I go about finding the problem file/missing file? I don't think its tcp because this is through the console not over network.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 7.2 GUI not loading & Connection issue

Please Help Let me start off by saying that I am a total idiot when it comes to unix. Please, if you would care to reply keep this in mind. Thank you. I have been attempting to get my unix machine online to no avail. I have the rest of the house networked with 3 other windows machines into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GUI issue

I have successfully installed Red hat linux 7.2 on my PC. But During the installation i saw the following messages "starting anaconda.... probing vedio card:unable to probe " In Xconfiguration step of installation ,The installer could not identify my video card. Finalle when i start... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Non-gui equivalent to SMC Management Console?

Forgive my naievety, but is there a non-Gui version of the administration tool, SMC? I need to run this on a remote Putty login and it is just plain UNIX. When I invoke SMC, I get java.lang.ClassLoader errors, a bunch of jibberish and a root prompt. I have searched Google, seems as if it... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure wifi throught console problem, GUI is OK

Hi gurus, I am trying to connect to wifi access point with terminal, I set up my own access point (no encryption or MAC filters) I ran followings commands $ sudo iwlist eth1 scanning eth1 Scan completed : Cell 01 - Address: 00:11:2F:A2:99:1C ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wakatana
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

ubuntu 9.10 virtual console issue

i'm having a frustrating issue with virtual consoles on my ubuntu 9.10 setup i was having trouble accessing the virtual consoles at all (no visible display) so i installed XDM and set it as the default X login manager) now when i hit ctl-alt F1-F6 instead of the usual getty (login prompt) i get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hopper195
0 Replies

6. Hardware

kvm issue for console configuration

Hi i am new to unix , i need to do console configuration on aix p520 there is no HMC device, i tried doing connecting through null cable via hyper terminal still no result, team says kvm issue so what is kvm issue.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkav
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris latest CPU patch graphics/gui issue

We just installed the latest Oracle Solaris 10 Sparc 64-Bit CPU patch (10/2012) and we are no longer able to access the GUI or the console after the OBP. We believe that this is a graphics issue. It has affected out t2000 xvr-200 graphics server and also out v440 xvr-100 graphics server. We are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: topper24501
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

When connecting to HPUX gui console it is grey screen?

My screen is grey when i connect to gui console (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies
tcp-env(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   tcp-env(1)

NAME
tcp-env - set up TCP-related environment variables SYNOPSIS
tcp-env [ -rR ] [ -ttimeout ] program [ arg ... ] DESCRIPTION
The input for tcp-env must be a TCP connection. tcp-env finds out information about that connection, puts the information into several environment variables as described in tcp-environ(5), and runs program with the given arguments. Usually tcp-env is run from inetd. It might instead be run from another server that already sets up the right environment variables; if PROTO is set to TCP when tcp-env is invoked, tcp-env assumes that all the other variables are set up properly, and it does not check whether the input is a TCP connection. OPTIONS
-r (Default.) Attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -R Do not attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -ttimeout Give up on the TCPREMOTEINFO connection attempt after timeout seconds. Default: 30. SEE ALSO
tcp-environ(5), inetd(8) tcp-env(1)