Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash shell scripts
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Bash shell scripts Post 302614861 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 29th of March 2012 02:55:18 AM
Old 03-29-2012
https://www.unix.com/homework-coursew...ons-forum.html

please read the last lines (in red)!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash Shell Scripts

Hi all, plz can anybody tell me that if a script written for Bash shell also work for other shells and if yes , how ??? Thanks and Regards SONAL (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonbag_pspl
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Bash Scripts to Bourne Scripts:URGENT

Hi, I have to write a program to compute the checksums of files ./script.sh I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I realised today that actually I have to use normal Bourne shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

best way for removing comment from shell scripts -- bash

Again a comment removal requirement from me, refer my previous problem & solution for removing comment from ruby scripts: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/118296-best-way-removing-comment-ruby-program.html This time, it is for stripping of comments from Shell Script. I search for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thegeek
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files

Experts, I am newbie in shell scripting. I want to write Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files. I have installed cygwin at c:\cygwin and i am trying to crate the sh file using vi editor. i am not able to understand how to use linux/unix convention for the code. following is my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajuchacha007
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files

Experts, I am newbie in shell scripting. I want to write Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files. I have installed cygwin at c:\cygwin and i am trying to crate the sh file using vi editor. i am not able to understand how to use linux/unix convention for the code. following is my... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuchacha007
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paid job for bash shell scripts

Job ad removed (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starmation
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Repetitive scripts within a bash shell

I have a bash shell that even though it does not look pretty is working very well. Some of the steps are repetitive, something like this: muscle -in ${e}.4 > $e.5 read -t1 sed ':a /^>/!N;s/\n\(\)/\1/;ta' $e.5 > $e.6 read -t2 awk '/>/{fr=$3;getline;n=split ($0,a,""); for (i=1;i<=n;i++)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between kshell and bash shell scripts Example cited

Hi All, I need some urgent help regarding some info. I have a cluster of servers for which I have two scripts for management. control.sh is a bash script meant for restarting/stopping the servers. manger.ksh is a kshell script. It is a master script to manage restarting/stoppping and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of #!/bin/sh vs #!/bin/bash shell scripts?

Some question about the usage of shell scripts: 1.) Are the commands of the base shell scripts a subset of bash commands? 2.) Assume I got a long, long script WITHOUT the first line. How can I find out if the script was originally designed für "sh" or "bash"? 3.) How can I check a given... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstein
3 Replies
Test::Inline::Content::Simple(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Test::Inline::Content::Simple(3pm)

NAME
Test::Inline::Content::Simple - Simple templating Content Handler SYNOPSIS
In your inline2test.tpl ---------------------- #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Test::More [% plan %]; $| = 1; [% tests %] 1; DESCRIPTION
It is relatively common to want to customise the contents of the generated test files to set up custom environment things on an all-scripts basis, rather than file by file (using =begin SETUP blocks). "Test::Inline::Content::Simple" lets you use a very simple Template Toolkit style template to define this information. It contains only two tags, "plan" and "tests". The "plan" tag will be inserted as either "tests =" 123> or 'no_plan'. The "tests" tag will be replaced by the actual testing code. METHODS
new $filename Manually create a new "Test::Inline::Content::Simple" object. Takes as parameter a single filename which should contain the template code. Returns a new "Test::Inline::Content::Simple" object, or "undef" on error. template The "template" accessor returns the template content for the object process $Inline, $Script The "process" method is unchanged from "Test::Inline::Content". SUPPORT
See the main SUPPORT section. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org>, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004 - 2010 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.12.4 2010-11-22 Test::Inline::Content::Simple(3pm)