Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with script to copy/rename files, then delete by date Post 302614805 by Lucid13 on Thursday 29th of March 2012 09:59:06 AM
Old 03-29-2012
They will all have the date time stamp and extension in common. ex. Sat_8hr00-08.file

---------- Post updated 03-29-12 at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous update was 03-28-12 at 11:05 PM ----------

Could I use:

Code:
find . -mtime 1 -exec ls -d {} \; ‘ xargs ls -ltr

To find the files created the day before?

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Welcome to the UNIX and Linux Forums. Please use code tags. Video tutorial on how to use them

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 04-05-2012 at 04:25 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script to rename files with current date and copy it.

I have few webservers logs like access.log. which would be growing everyday. what i do everyday is, take the backup of access.log as access.log_(currentdate) and nullify the access.log. So thought of writing a script... but stuck up in middle. My requirement: to take the backup and nullify... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: logic0
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy/rename file as date() unix/shell

File.jpg I want to copy and rename this as 2008-12-02.jpg I tried this copy File.jpg date '%y-%m-%d-%H:%M:%S'.jpg This doesnt work.... what do i do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hdogg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script required to copy and delete files

Hi All, I have written a script to ensure all my ARCHIVE files are backed up retaining the directory structure. The Script is-- #!/bin/sh # Script to take backup of DCS Folders # The file locations are /ftp/edi_ftp/edi_p/dcsftp/DCS/*/ARCHIVE DCSITIME=$(perl -e '($ss, $mm, $hh, $DD, $MM,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srnagu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy log files with today's date

I am a newbie to scripting. I need a korn shell script to copy log files of current day to archive folder and rename with current days date stamp. I would really appreciate your help. File structure is as follows. Everyday files get overwritten, so I need copy to a archive directory and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdncan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from folder and rename them

hello, I need to build a shell script that receives the folder to copy by parameter and copy all files except thumb.db to another folder and rename them like, file.jpg renamed to file_bb1.jpg. can someone help me Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeker
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files rename and copy

hello, I am write a Script and i would listing all Files from Path1 out with DSR*.txt and give a new name an copy to the Path2. I have problems with that to rename. Someone can help me? Sorry, for my english. My english is not gut. I hope you understand my. That is my Script. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: efeijoo
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to copy files from a certain date

I need to copy files from a directory that has a lot of files in it. However I only want to copy them from a certain date. My thoughts so far are to use ls -l and to pipe this into awk and print out tokens 6 (month)and 7 (day). $ ls -l -rw-r--r-- 1 prodqual tst 681883 Jun 12... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millsy5
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Script to copy and rename files through SQL statement

Hi, I require help to complete below requirement through Linux Script. I have a SQL query which shows two columns as output. One is Report Name and other is report path. Query return multiple rows. below is the output. Report Name Cotton Stock Report (Net Weight)- Customized Output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: usman_oracle
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oop to copy and rename files through SQL Statement in shell Script

#!/bin/sh sqlplus -s "/ as sysdba" << EOF SET HEADING OFF SET FEEDBACK OFF Select pt.user_concurrent_program_name , OUTFILE_NAME FROm apps.fnd_concurrent_programs_tl pt, apps.fnd_concurrent_requests f where pt.concurrent_program_id = f.concurrent_program_id and pt.application_id =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usman_oracle
1 Replies
NWDIAG(1)						      General Commands Manual							 NWDIAG(1)

NAME
nwdiag - generate network-diagram image file from spec-text file. SYNOPSIS
nwdiag [options] files DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the nwdiag commands. nwdiag is generate sequence-diagram image file from spec-text file. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -h, --help show this help message and exit. --version show program's version number and exit. -a, --antialias Pass diagram image to anti-alias filter. -c FILE, --config=FILE read configurations from FILE. -o FILE write diagram to FILE. -f FONT, --font=FONT use FONT to draw diagram. -T TYPE Output diagram as TYPE format. SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by http://blockdiag.com/en/nwdiag/ AUTHOR
nwdiag was written by Takeshi Komiya <i.tkomiya@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Kouhei Maeda <mkouhei@palmtb.net>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). June 11, 2011 NWDIAG(1)