Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Open Source What editor does everyone use? Post 302614605 by rangarasan on Wednesday 28th of March 2012 03:49:10 PM
Old 03-28-2012
vi

vi :-) My all time favourite :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vi editor ?

Hello everybody, My question is: how to add /tmp/work at the end of line in vi editor. my file looks like: cp file1 cp file2 cp file3 **** I need to add " /tmp/work" at the end of each line. I tried this :%s/$/" /tmp/work" and this :%s/$/\ /tmp/work\/ but it does not work. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billy5
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

instead VI editor - which one?

I'd like to find some editor for HP-UX, something like notepad, but not VI editor. Can someone have some ideas which one? thx (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: diamond
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vi editor

Hi, how can I add at the begining and at the end of all of the lines of my text file in VI editor ? Many thanks before. for exemple if in my file i have line 1 line 2 I want to have : start line 1 end start line 2 end (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alain123456
3 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

best editor

We work on AIX 5L We use vi as text editor (only scripts to create and modifiy). What do you think of emacs ? Where can I find it ? Do you know better text editor for scripts ? Thank you for all answers. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annemar
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

vi editor

I am new in hp ux and I want work with vi editor, but in hp ux vi editor the backspaes and del keys doesn't work. how can I enable them. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkoolivand
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pasting text in VI editor from a different editor

Hi, I knw its a silly question, but am a newbie to 'vi' editor. I'm forced to use this, hence kindly help me with this question. How can i paste a chunk 'copied from' a different editor(gedit) in 'vi editor'? As i see, p & P options does work only within 'vi'. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishmitty
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

set EDITOR=vi -> default editor not setting for cron tab

Hi All, I am running a script , working very fine on cmd prompt. The problem is that when I open do crontab -e even after setting editor to vi by set EDITOR=vi it does not open a vi editor , rather it do as below..... ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// $ set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :Licen

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :License server is down (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

About vi editor

How can ` character be printed on vi editor ? empl_id=`echo $line | awk ' { print $1; } '` (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senem
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to use @ in VI editor

Hello All, Need one Help for one issue. I am using a French Keyboard, so @ sign is on key 0 and i have to use right Alt + 0 to print it. It is working everywhere but not inside Vi editor. I can type @ in shell, in notepad. But inside Vi editor it is not working, another problem is that if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
2 Replies
LDPD(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   LDPD(8)

NAME
ldpd -- Label Distribution Protocol Daemon SYNOPSIS
ldpd [-DdfhW] [-c config_file] [-p port] DESCRIPTION
ldpd is a utility used to automatically distribute labels between two MPLS LSRs almost conforming to RFC3036. Right now it is in BETA stage and many features are not implemented or may not work. As a security measure you SHOULD filter the LDP well-known (646) TCP and UDP ports using your favourite packet filter before starting ldpd. Also this is the current measure used to filter neighbours. You should see some logs reported via syslog(3) interface. You can increase the log verbosity using the -W and -D flags. Also you can telnet to the control port (default: 2626) and use this interface in order to get informations about protocol, neighbours etc. but also to set runtime parameters. The required password is the same as the root password. ldpd computes existing routes and tries to match them on MPLS labels announced by other LDP peers. This means that ``normal'' routes will be changed into tagged routes, and MPLS routing table will be populated. It will also announce its mappings to its peers. ldpd will listen on a route socket and compute the necessary changes in order to change untagged routes into tagged routes. This means that one may use one's favourite dynamic routing protocol daemon without modifications. The options are as follows: -c config_file Specifies a path to the config file. Default: /etc/ldpd.conf - see ldpd.conf(5) for configuration file format. -D Enable debug mode. -d Don't use route interception code. -f Run in foreground. Use STDOUT for warning and debug messages. -h Outputs supported flags. -p port Changes the TCP control port (default: 2626). -W Enable output of warning messages. SEE ALSO
LDP Specification, RFC, 3036, January 2001. LDP Applicability, RFC, 3037, January 2001. HISTORY
The ldpd command appeared in NetBSD 6.0. BUGS
ldpd supports only IPv4 and doesn't implement Path Vector and Hop Count TLVs. BSD
July 7, 2011 BSD