Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Significant Figures in awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Significant Figures in awk Post 302614407 by Leo_Boon on Wednesday 28th of March 2012 12:48:11 PM
Old 03-28-2012
It's ok, it's not really necessary, it was mostly for cosmetic reasons. Thanks anyway!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls command help, figures not matching up

Hello all. I ran my AV app. and it scanned 600k+ files on my osx tiger powerpc laptop. I went into terminal and ran ls -l */* on my applications folder. for one entry it returned: Snood3.0/: total 17376 -rwxrwxrwx 1 ds admin 5152 Jan 17 2006 License30.txt -rwxrwxrwx 1 ds ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jopper
2 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

C++ output with significant digits

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: As I stated in a previous thread, my assignment is to create a table of calculated data for the U.S. standard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ds7202
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell arithmetic least significant place

I need help on arithmetic root@server # hour=`date | awk {'print $4'} | cut -d: -f 1`; echo $hour 04 Now I subtract this result by 1 or 01 I get "3" as the answer. I need "03" as the answer, ie last two significant numbers should be there. root@server # hour=`date | awk {'print $4'} | cut... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a number up to last significant digit after decimal point

I want to write/print a number through a shell script up to its last significant digit (LSD) after the decimal point. Say, x=10.00056000000000000 I want to print x as x=10.00056. Note that x can be any thing so I cannot know the position of the LSD always. Thanks. (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: hbar
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variable argument to a script which is being called inside awk

consider the script below sh /opt/hqe/hqapi1-client-5.0.0/bin/hqapi.sh alert list --host=localhost --port=7443 --user=hqadmin --password=hqadmin --secure=true >/tmp/alerts.xml awk -F'' '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){ if($i=="Alert id") { if(id!="") if(dt!=""){ cmd="sh someScript.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with change significant figure to normal figure command

Hi, Below is my input file: Long list of significant figure 1.757E-4 7.51E-3 5.634E-5 . . . Desired output file: 0.0001757 0.00751 0.00005634 . . . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
10 Replies
XCreateOC(3)							  XLIB FUNCTIONS						      XCreateOC(3)

NAME
XCreateOC, XDestroyOC, XSetOCValues, XGetOCValues, XOMOfOC - create output contexts SYNTAX
XOC XCreateOC(XOM om); void XDestroyOC(XOC oc); char * XSetOCValues(XOC oc, ...); char * XGetOCValues(XOC oc, ...); XOM XOMOfOC(XOC oc); ARGUMENTS
oc Specifies the output context. om Specifies the output method. ... Specifies the variable length argument list to set or get XOC values. DESCRIPTION
The XCreateOC function creates an output context within the specified output method. The base font names argument is mandatory at creation time, and the output context will not be created unless it is provided. All other output context values can be set later. XCreateOC returns NULL if no output context could be created. NULL can be returned for any of the following reasons: o A required argument was not set. o A read-only argument was set. o An argument name is not recognized. o The output method encountered an output method implementation-dependent error. The XDestroyOC function destroys the specified output context. The XSetOCValues function returns NULL if no error occurred; otherwise, it returns the name of the first argument that could not be set. An argument might not be set for any of the following reasons: o The argument is read-only. o The argument name is not recognized. o An implementation-dependent error occurs. Each value to be set must be an appropriate datum, matching the data type imposed by the semantics of the argument. The XGetOCValues function returns NULL if no error occurred; otherwise, it returns the name of the first argument that could not be obtained. An argument might not be obtained for any of the following reasons: o The argument name is not recognized. o An implementation-dependent error occurs. Each argument value following a name must point to a location where the value is to be stored. The XOMOfOC function returns the output method associated with the specified output context. SEE ALSO
XCreateOM(3), XCreateFontSet(3) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.6.0 XCreateOC(3)