Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Wireless Bridge/Repeater ?
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Wireless Bridge/Repeater ? Post 302614347 by schwasskin on Wednesday 28th of March 2012 12:06:44 PM
Old 03-28-2012
Ok,
now do I need to give the bridge an IP?
Static or Dynamic?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bridge on linux

Hello. I expirince some problems with bridging, i'm pretty new to that technology I've 2 nic's 1 - wireless rt2500 ra0 canyon cn511 card 2 - e100 intel, ifconfig ra0 up && iwconfig ra0 essid xxx channel x mode managed bring me wireless connection up then i do following: brctl addbr br0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hachik
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

SNMP in a Bridge device

Hello all, recently we've created a Bridge on a machine that was being used as an snmp, and we haven't assigned an IP for the bridge interface, instead we've used one extra NIC to make all the administrations, but SNMP is simply not working, any one have a clue on how to do this? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zarnick
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smc2582w-b bridge and solaris 10 wireless network

Hellow, I have a smc2582w-b brigde/acces point whom i configured on my windows vista pc and it works i have wireless acces to my network. Then i plugged it in to my 420r enterprise and it doesn't give any link activity on the lan piece of my server and my bridge/AP when i plug the cable... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chelle007
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

Connecting two machines with an ethernet bridge

Hello, I want to connect 2 machines with a bridge between them to control the traffic i.e. delay, loss rate, etc. I am using the following solution: 2 end machines with ip-adresses 192.168.0.8 and 192.168.0.16. 1 machine with 2 NIC interface cards: 192.168.0.40 and 192.168.0.41 I have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek2301
9 Replies

5. Solaris

[beginner] dladm create-bridge

hello everyone, I'm a new user and unix-beginner. I've just installer solaris 11 on my home server, disabled some services, created a fallback BE, enabled speedstep, etc and now I'm trying to create some zones. I'd like to have an exclusive ip zone and, as far as I know, I sould assignate it... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimj
12 Replies

6. IP Networking

Create a Bridge for Qemu using only loopback

hello networking folks, i have 3 virtual machines that need to talk to each other How can i create a bridge to loopback ? -net tap,vlan=0,ifname=tap1 where tap1 is connected to lo:1 , tap2 is connected to lo:2 etc thx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TwiceDone
0 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Hostroute => Bridge and IP-Forwardings

Hello unix community, Could anyone tell me what is the macosx command for: 1) ip hostroute to bridge: ip route add 188.40.1.40/32 dev br0 (linux command) /32 ist for netmask? Because I use /29. 2) and IP-Forwarding: net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1 (linux command) I hope anyone could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girlusingunyx
1 Replies
AUSCOPE(1)						      General Commands Manual							AUSCOPE(1)

NAME
auscope - Network Audio System Protocol Filter SYNOPSIS
auscope [ option ] ... DESCRIPTION
auscope is an audio protocol filter that can be used to view the network packets being sent between an audio application and an audio server. auscope is written in Perl, so you must have Perl installed on your machine in order to run auscope. If your Perl executable is not installed as /usr/local/bin/perl, you should modify the first line of the auscope script to reflect the Perl executable's location. Or, you can invoke auscope as perl auscope [ option ] ... assuming the Perl executable is in your path. To operate, auscope must know the port on which it should listen for audio clients, the name of the desktop machine on which the audio server is running and the port to use to connect to the audio server. Both the output port (server) and input port (client) are automati- cally biased by 8000. The output port defaults to 0 and the input port defaults to 1. ARGUMENTS
-i<input-port> Specify the port that auscope will use to take requests from clients. -o<output-port> Determines the port that auscope will use to connect to the audio server. -h<audio server name> Determines the desktop machine name that auscope will use to find the audio server. -v<print-level> Determines the level of printing which auscope will provide. The print-level can be 0 or 1. The larger numbers provide greater output detail. EXAMPLES
In the following example, mcxterm is the name of the desktop machine running the audio server, which is connected to the TCP/IP network host tcphost. auscope uses the desktop machine with the -h command line option, will listen for client requests on port 8001 and connect to the audio server on port 8000. Ports (file descriptors) on the network host are used to read and write the audio protocol. The audio client auplay will connect to the audio server via the TCP/IP network host tcphost and port 8001: auscope -i1 -o0 -hmcxterm auplay -audio tcp/tcphost:8001 dial.snd In the following example, the auscope verbosity is increased to 1, and the audio client autool will connect to the audio server via the network host tcphost, while displaying its graphical interface on another server labmcx: auscope -i1 -o0 -hmcxterm -v1 autool -audio tcp/tcphost:8001 -display labmcx:0.0 SEE ALSO
nas(1), perl(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1994 Network Computing Devices, Inc. AUTHOR
Greg Renda, Network Computing Devices, Inc. 1.9.3 AUSCOPE(1)