Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: compare two array
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting compare two array Post 302614241 by Renesh on Wednesday 28th of March 2012 11:05:14 AM
Old 03-28-2012
compare two array

Hi firnds,

I am having two arrays
eg. @a=qw(1 2 3 4) and @b=qw(1 3 6 9)
Now, I want to compare two arrays on first index of both arrays and if they matched, it should output remaining indexes
Pseudo-code
if ($a[0] == $b[0])
{ print "remaining indexes";}

How can i do this using perl?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare array contents with file

I have an array "arrA" with the following contents: A0012 Paint Shop.doc ES001 Contract Signature.doc Budget Plan.pdf TS PWS.pdf My data file "Files.dat" has the same contents: A0012 Paint Shop.doc ES001 Contract Signature.doc Budget Plan.pdf TS PWS.pdf I have a script that compares... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare a variable against array elements

hi everyone - i have a bash script that does, in broad terms, the following: given a file containing a list of email accounts, for every account, do , then move on to the next account. pretty simple, and all that stuff works fine. thing is, there's a very good change that any account... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fearboy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare array values

# tail myprocesses.txt 178 processes at Tue Oct 21 14:33:01 IST 2008 16 MySQL processes at Tue Oct 21 14:33:01 IST 2008 175 processes at Tue Oct 21 14:36:01 IST 2008 60 MySQL processes at Tue Oct 21 14:36:01 IST 2008 192 processes at Tue Oct 21 14:39:01 IST 2008 64 MySQL processes at Tue Oct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Array results

Hi, In a kshell , i need to compare the results of two array . each Non-match value should copy to a new array. For example: ========== Array one contain the following values: A B C Array two contain the following values: C F A E After comparing this arrays , a new array should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare 2 array files using grep

Using the bash shell I am trying to read in 2 files. The first file (file1) is a list of names to search for in (file2). If a name in file1 is found in file2 I want the entire line in file2 to be printed to an output file. File1 consists of a single column of names. File2 consists of several... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lanna001
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK help: how to compare array elements against a variable

i have an array call ignore. it is set up ignore=34th56 ignore=re45ty ignore=rt45yu . . ignore=rthg34 n is a variable. I have another variable that i read from a different file. It is $2 and it is working the way i expect. array ignore read and print correct values. in the below if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two value in array - Perl

Hi, I just wondering if I want to compare previous value to next value if it same count + 1 if not doesn't count how do we compare in Perl? Thank (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidely
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file to array, replace with corresponding second array

ok, so here is the issue, I have 2 arrays. I need to be able to create a loop that will find ${ARRAY1 in the text doc, and replace it with ${ARRAY2 then write the results. I already have that working. The problem is, I need it to do that same result across however many items are in the 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gentlefury
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use if command to compare in an array?

Hi all, Currently i am facing issue using if command to compare to array value. can someone help me? if }" -gt "${ZDATE_1}" ] then do echo "red" else echo "green" fi done i have checked array is giving values fine but there seems some issue with if command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amyt1234
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array compare bash script

Hello, i have a script that should compare between ${ARRAY} that contains all fstab record like this : >>echo ${ARRAY} / /boot between all mountpoints in my df that is stord in ${ARRAY2} >>echo ${ARRAY2} / /boot /dev/shm /var/spool/asterisk/monitor now i have this loop: for i in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchenr
6 Replies
Reindex(3)						       perl/Tk Documentation							Reindex(3)

NAME
Tk::Reindex - change the base index of Text-like widgets SYNOPSIS
use Tk::ReindexedText; $t1=$w->ReindexedText(-linestart => 2); use Tk::ReindexedROText; $t2=$w->ReindexedROText(-linestart => 0); DESCRIPTION
Creates a new widget class based on Text-like widgets that can redefine the line number base (normally Text widgets start line numbers at 1), or possibly other manipulations on indexes. STANDARD OPTIONS
The newly-defined widget takes all the same options as the base widget, which defaults to Text. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS Name: lineStart Class: LineStart Switch: -linestart Sets the line number of the first line in the Text widget. The default -toindexcmd and -fromindexcmd use this configuration option. -item Name: toIndexCmd fromIndexCmd -item Class: ToIndexCmd FromIndexCmd -item Switch: -toindexcmd -fromindexcmd These two options specify callbacks that are called with a list of indexes and are responsible for translating them to/from indexes that the base Text widget can understand. The callback is passed the widget followed by a list of indexes, and should return a list of translated indexes. -toindexcmd should translate from 'user' indexes to 'native' Text-compatible indexes, and -fromindexcmd should translate from 'native' indexes to 'user' indexes. The default callbacks simply add/subtract the offset given by the -linestart option for all indexes in 'line.character' format. It would probably be prudent to make these functions inverses of each other. CLASS METHODS
import To make new Reindex widgets, this function should be called via use with the name of the Text-like base class that you are extending with "Reindex" capability. 'use base(Tk::Reindex Tk::nameofbasewidget)' should also be specified for that widget. BUGS
I've used the word "indexes" instead of "indices" throughout the documentation. All the built-in perl code for widget bindings & methods will use the new 'user' indexes. Which means all this index manipulation might might break code that is trying to parse/manipulate indexes. Or even assume that '1.0' is the beginning index. Tk::Text::Contents comes to mind. AUTHOR
Andrew Allen <ada@fc.hp.com> This code may be distributed under the same conditions as Perl. Tk1.1 2007-05-05 Reindex(3)