Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to compress files in directory that changes its name every day Post 302614073 by fretagi on Wednesday 28th of March 2012 08:21:22 AM
Old 03-28-2012
script to compress files in directory that changes its name every day

Robin:

The files are in this format directory
Code:
/u01/easydone/DBDUMPS/2012-03-27

and today will be created a "2012-03.28" directory.
The *.dmp is the extension of the files I want to compress:
Code:
/u01/easydone/DBDUMPS/2012-03-27 #ls -lrt
total 12936488
-rw-r--r--   1 easydone   easydone      1991 Mar 27 22:00 SESSION-2012-03-27-22-00.log
-rw-r--r--   1 easydone   easydone     41984 Mar 27 22:00 SESSION-2012-03-27-22-00.dmp
-rw-r--r--   1 easydone   easydone      8629 Mar 27 22:21 EDIM-2012-03-27-22-00.log
-rw-r--r--   1 easydone   easydone   2586354688 Mar 27 22:21 EDIM-2012-03-27-22-00.dmp
-rw-r--r--   1 easydone   easydone     10531 Mar 27 23:25 SFEC-2012-03-27-22-21.log
-rw-r--r--   1 easydone   easydone   4036493312 Mar 27 23:25 SFEC-2012-03-27-22-21.dmp
mcel-dunn02[253]/u01/easydone/DBDUMPS/2012-03-27 #

But when I do a ls for testing:
Code:
]/u01/easydone/DBDUMPS #find /u01/easydone/DBDUMPS -type f -name "*.dmp" -mtime +1 -exec ls -lrt {} \;
-rw-r--r--   1 easydone   easydone   2580219904 Mar 25 22:22 /u01/easydone/DBDUMPS/2012-03-25/EDIM-2012-03-25-22-00.dmp
-rw-r--r--   1 easydone   easydone   4033813504 Mar 25 23:35 /u01/easydone/DBDUMPS/2012-03-25/SFEC-2012-03-25-22-22.dmp

But if I do:
Code:
/u01/easydone/DBDUMPS #find /u01/easydone/DBDUMPS -type f -name "*.dmp" -mtime +2 -exec ls -lrt {} \;
mcel-dunn02[256]/u01/easydone/DBDUMPS #

I got nothing.
What I really want to compress the previous day files..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compress a directory on a Sun Solaris 5.7 ?

Hi, Is there any utility to compress an entire directory on a Sun Solaris 5.7 ? Something like "compressdir" on other flavours of Unix ? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerdes
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script to find whether the first day of the month is a working day

Hi , I am relatively new to unix... Can u pls help me out to find out if the first day of the month is a working day ie from (Monday to Friday)...using Date and If clause in Korn shell.. This is very urgent. Thanks for ur help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Compress files before moving them in a directory

I need a shell script that zips a file before moving them..please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: godalle
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compress Directory

Hi Friends, I have a directory under which 10 more directories are there. In each 10 directories there are several files. I want to do FTP. But in FTP we cannt Transfer the main directory. each Time we have to go to the respective directry and then we have to to FTP. For this instance I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: deep_kol
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive directory script with tar/compress

Hi all I need to write a script that archives all files with a certain date in the filename, to another location. It has to run on a AIX using tar/compress or another standard AIX tool. The directory will have x files, each prefixed with a date like yyyymmdd_desc.csv. I need all to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXfrog
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - compress file one day ago

Hi All, I'm a new member of this Forum. I have need your help to handle this request. "Compress a file name not of today but of yesterday only". For example 0 mar 08:00 TEST_RPT_STATUS_M1I_CMI20120320.xls 20 mar 08:00 TEST_RPT_STATUS_M1I_CMI20120320.rep 21 mar 08:00... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio123bgg
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move the files between Current day & a previous day

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to first capture the current day & move all the files from a particular directory based on a previous day. i.e move all the files from one directory to another based on current day & a previous day. Here is what I am trying, but it gives me errors.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on a script to push files once a day

Hello! Please I need some help on writing a script to push files from one server to the other once a day, everyday. I know that I can use this script on a crontab to send the files , but I am not sure how to start writing it, the actual script. I could start by declaring some variables: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I compress all files in a directory?

the problem states "Write a script that compresses all the files in the directory. Make a directory and put some files in it. Also make a sub directory in your directory and put files in it also. Once you have this basic ability to compress all files within a directory, add to your script a menu of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brittany
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - To copy and compress files one day ago

Hi dears, Hi All, I'm a new member of this Forum. I have need your help to handle this request. "I want to copy and Compress files not of today but of yesterday only using some script". For example I have the following files under a particular directory in a Solaris machine. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackyJohn
7 Replies
PPIx::Regexp::Lexer(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  PPIx::Regexp::Lexer(3pm)

NAME
PPIx::Regexp::Lexer - Assemble tokenizer output. SYNOPSIS
use PPIx::Regexp::Lexer; use PPIx::Regexp::Dumper; my $lex = PPIx::Regexp::Lexer->new('qr{foo}smx'); my $dmp = PPIx::Regexp::Dumper->new( $lex ); $dmp->print(); INHERITANCE
"PPIx::Regexp::Lexer" is a PPIx::Regexp::Support. "PPIx::Regexp::Lexer" has no descendants. DESCRIPTION
This class takes the token stream generated by PPIx::Regexp::Tokenizer and generates the parse tree. METHODS
This class provides the following public methods. Methods not documented here are private, and unsupported in the sense that the author reserves the right to change or remove them without notice. new This method instantiates the lexer. It takes as its argument either a PPIx::Regexp::Tokenizer or the text to be parsed. In the latter case the tokenizer is instantiated from the text. Any optional name/value pairs after the first argument are passed to the tokenizer, which interprets them or not as the case may be. errstr This method returns the error string from the last attempt to instantiate a "PPIx::Regexp::Lexer". If the last attempt succeeded, the error will be "undef". failures print $lexer->failures(), " parse failures "; This method returns the number of parse failures encountered. A parse failure is either a tokenization failure (see PPIx::Regexp::Tokenizer->failures()) or a structural error. lex This method lexes the tokens in the text, and returns the lexed list of elements. SUPPORT
Support is by the author. Please file bug reports at <http://rt.cpan.org>, or in electronic mail to the author. AUTHOR
Thomas R. Wyant, III wyant at cpan dot org COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009-2012 by Thomas R. Wyant, III This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl 5.10.0. For more details, see the full text of the licenses in the directory LICENSES. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-06 PPIx::Regexp::Lexer(3pm)