Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Collect files from different servers to a single server and append them Post 302613937 by complex.invoke on Wednesday 28th of March 2012 04:21:17 AM
Old 03-28-2012
Code:
for i in addr{1..3}; do
     ssh ${i} "bash /path/to/script1.sh" >> output.file
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i collect date and time for list of files in a directory

How do i collect date and time for list of files in a directory using AWK Command (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to append data in a single row

Hi all, I need a logic in UNIX to append contents of a file in same row, where the original contents are found one below the other. For example. My i/p file contains: “user1”,”employee1”,”04/28/2009” “5678” “78” “user2”,”employee2”,”04/30/2009” I want my output... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sgiri1
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to collect all the list of files along with the permissions

Hi guys, I have one problem. I need collect the list files along with the file permissions in all directories in one server. Is their any easy way to collect using any commands or any scripts? Advance Thanks :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartheek
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Text To Remote Servers File Via SSH

Gentleman & Ladies, Please make me feel like and novice and explain why this is not working? I am attempting to ssh to a remote server via ssh and keys. I want to inject a file on the remote server with text. I am not achieving this. I would like to echo/inject the text on the remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abacus
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

collect data from files

there are 200 files named file1_0.pdb,file1_60.pdb etc....it looks like: ATOM 1 N VAL 1 8.897 -21.545 -7.276 1.00 0.00 ATOM 2 H1 VAL 1 9.692 -22.015 -6.868 1.00 0.00 ATOM 3 H2 VAL 1 9.228 -20.766 -7.827 1.00 0.00 ATOM 4 H3 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanikasharma
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append ouput in a single line

Hi Guys, I need to append some data to a new file, but i need to make sure that when i use to >> command again.I dont go to the new line. i append the data on the same line. Please help regarding the same. Thanks in advance..!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to collect log files in case of server crash

Environmnet: HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64 RDBMS: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production Question: When server hangs or node evicts, we open up tickets with Oracle Support and Oracle Support ask for some list of log files. Currently we can not use the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Collect files for specific hours

I have to fetch files from a location hour wise. Eg files available at location /tmp/data/ are A20140205.1300-1315...... . . A20140205.1400-1415...... . . A20140205.1700-1715...... . . . . Below is the code I have prepared. But it works only for one hour. For instance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Saidul
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Assistance to connect to servers via ssh once and collect various commands into separate variables

Hello, We use as bash script to connect to servers listed in an .csv file to issue commands against these servers and retrieve data to be saved in a .csv file. The data we want to collect is saved in variables. We issue an ssh command for each variable we want to capture. I'm thinking this is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
9 Replies
X11PERFCOMP(1)						      General Commands Manual						    X11PERFCOMP(1)

NAME
x11perfcomp - X11 server performance comparison program SYNTAX
x11perfcomp [ -r | -ro ] [ -l label_file ] files DESCRIPTION
The x11perfcomp program merges the output of several x11perf(1) runs into a nice tabular format. It takes the results in each file, fills in any missing test results if necessary, and for each test shows the objects/second rate of each server. If invoked with the -r or -ro options, it shows the relative performance of each server to the first server. Normally, x11perfcomp uses the first file specified to determine which specific tests it should report on. Some (non-DEC :) servers may fail to perform all tests. In this case, x11perfcomp automatically substitutes in a rate of 0.0 objects/second. Since the first file determines which tests to report on, this file must contain a superset of the tests reported in the other files, else x11perfcomp will fail. You can provide an explicit list of tests to report on by using the -l switch to specify a file of labels. You can create a label file by using the -label option in x11perf. OPTIONS
x11perfcomp accepts the options listed below: -r Specifies that the output should also include relative server performance. -ro Specifies that the output should include only relative server performance. -l label_file Specifies a label file to use. X DEFAULTS
There are no X defaults used by this program. SEE ALSO
X(7), x11perf(1) AUTHORS
Mark Moraes wrote the original scripts to compare servers. Joel McCormack just munged them together a bit. X Version 11 x11perf 1.5.4 X11PERFCOMP(1)