Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What happen if we delete the parent mounting point Post 302613915 by atul9806 on Wednesday 28th of March 2012 03:54:39 AM
Old 03-28-2012
What happen if we delete the parent mounting point

Hi Friends
I Have a question about mounting point
This is a output of
Code:
df -g

I wanted to delete the first FS /dev/lvdb2inst1 which is mounted on /db2/db2ins1

Here my question is, if we delete the first FS , are other two FS are unaccessble as all 3 remaining mounted on /dev/db2inst1 child mount point.

As I thought, we have to remount the other 3 FS again.
please share ur view.

thanks
Atul

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fibre connection Point to Point SUN

Anyone know of a guide or instructions for Solaris I got to configure a SBUS HBA to talk to a tape robot. I have done this on a switch but not point to point. just going HBA >>>>> TAPE Fibre simple two nodes Kie (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kie
6 Replies

2. Programming

Any one can tell me how this happen?

The #1 Online Store for Louis Vuitton Replicas is: http://www.opichina.com.cn. We offer Louis Vuitton Replicas and more! Whatever you call it: LV Bags, LV Replicas, Louis Vuitton Fake, Louis Vuitton Knockoffs, Louis Vuitton Bag, Louis Vuitton Purse, Louis Vuitton Wallet, Louis Vuitton Shoes,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiangyanna
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete line till certain point

Hi, I have a requirement to delete a line till a certain word. Am not sure how to do it e.g I want to delete till the bold character since start of line. Any help is higly appretiated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inq
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

full path of a file situated either in parent's dir. or parent's parent dir. so on...

hi experts(novice people can stay away as it is no child's game), i am developing a script which works like recycle bin of windows. the problem i am facing is that when ever i am trying to delete a file which is situated in parent directory or parent's parent directory i am unable to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yahoo!
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED for delete the point

Hello i need to use sed for delete all row that begin with "." i try whit sed -e /^/d but it don't work help me please :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tor
5 Replies

6. Programming

physical delete parent - child

hi , I have 4 tables 1.table 1 2.table 2 ==> delete from here 3.table 3 4.table 4 table 2 & table 3 has pk_fk relationship table 1 & table 4 ha spk_fk relationship basically i wanted to do physical delete few rows from table 2 (Parent), it should delete from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to perform a hexdump using dd from start point to end point?

hi, I would like to ask or is it possible to dump a hex using dd from starting point to end point just like the "xxd -s 512 -l 512 <bin file>" I know the redirect hexdump -C but i can't figure it out the combination options of dd. Hope someone can share their knowledge.. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

8. Programming

Look-up USB mounting point

Hi all, I'm developing a short program to look-up for all devices connected to the computer. Using udev and libusb libraries I achieved some progress but I can not find the way to find the mount point. For instance, given a device that I can retrieve using libusb, I would like to know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carles Rabaneda
4 Replies

9. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Help me, write a bash script to delete parent entry with all their child entry in LDAP UNIX server

Hi All, Please help me and guide me to write a bash/shell script on Linux box to delete parent entry with all their child entries. example: Parent is : ---------- dn: email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com, o=wipro, o=in child is: ---------- dn: cn: yogesh kumar, email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chand
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies
ncpmap(8)							       NCPFS								 ncpmap(8)

NAME
ncpmap - mounts some resource from Netware server or tree previously connected with ncplogin SYNOPSIS
ncpmap [OPTIONS] [-a] [mount-point] DESCRIPTION
ncplogin and ncpmap provide a way to split the ncpmount operation into halves, with ncpmap mounting the resource previously authenticated with ncplogin. OPTIONS
mount_point is optional if you specify the -a option. -T tree Tree name to be used. -S server Server name to be used. The -T and -S options are mutually exclusive. -X name_ctx Default name context to be used. -E Echo value of final mount_point. -V volume Volume to mount. This must be in binary format if -S server, or in NDS format if -T tree. -R path Path in volume to "map root." -f mode Permission given the files, in octal notation. -d mode Permission given the directories, in octal notation. -t time_out Waiting time, in 1/100s of a second, to wait for an answer from the server. Default is 60. -r retry_count Number of retry attempts. Default is 5. -s Enable renaming or deletion of read-only files. -h Print help text. -v Print ncpfs version number. -i level Signature level. 0 = never, 1 = supported, 2 = preferred, and 3 = required. -N os2,nfs Do not use specified namespaces on mounted volume. -y charset Character set used for input and display. -p codepage Codepage used on volume, including letters "cp." -B bcast Broadcast mode. 0 = all, 1 = console, and 2 = none. Default is all. -a Autocreate mounting point if needed in ~/ncp/SERVER/VOLUME. -l Autocreate mounting point if needed in /mnt/ncp/SERVER/VOLUME. SECURITY
ncpmap must be setuid to permit non-root users use of it. In these cases, it will enforce nodev and nosetuid mount options. SEE ALSO
ncplogin(1), ncpmount(8) AUTHOR
Manpage written by Rodrigo Rubira Branco <rrbranco@br.ibm.com> with Petr Vandrovec <petr@vandrovec.name>. NCPFS
Jun, 01 2006 ncpmap(8)