Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Run multiple commands
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Run multiple commands Post 302613875 by cns1710 on Wednesday 28th of March 2012 03:08:26 AM
Old 03-28-2012
Thanks all!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to run multiple commands from a file.

I need a command, which could run mutliple commands from a file. Let's say, I have mv fileA1 fileB1 mv fileA2 fileB2 ..... mv fileA20 fileB20 I put these commands in a file, then I need a command to run the file as a whole so that I don't need to type 20 times... Anyone tell me how to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixinsjtu
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script from one host which connext to remote host and run the commands

I want to write a script which would run from one host say A and connect to other remote host B and then run rest of commands in that host. I tried connecting from A host to B with SSH but after connecting to host B it just getting me inside Host B command prompt. Rest of the script is not running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SN2009
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run multiple commands in $() without opening a new shell

The code below works, but takes too many lines and looks awkward: db2 "export to $filename of del select * from $table with ur"|tee -a $LOGFILE|awk '/Number of rows exported:/ {print $5}' > numrows.tmp numrows=$(cat numrows.tmp) rm numrows.tmp When I try the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akar_naveen
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Help with executing multiple remote commands after multiple hops

Hi SSHers, I have embedded this below code in my shell script.. /usr/bin/ssh -t $USER@$SERVER1 /usr/bin/ssh $USER2@S$SERVER2 echo uptime:`/opt/OV/bin/snmpget -r 0 -t 60 $nodeName system.3.0 | cut -d: -f3-5` SSH to both these servers are public-key authenticated, so things run... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxUser2008
13 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run multiple piped commands in a find -exec statement?

I can't get this to work. Running a single command works fine: find . -name "*.dat" -exec wc -l '{}' \; gives me the file name and number of lines in each .dat file in the directory. But what if I want to pipe commands, e.g. to grep something and get the number of lines with that pattern... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJR
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform 3 awk commands to multiple files in multiple directories

Hi, I have a directory /home/datasets/ which contains a bunch (720) of subdirectories called hour_1/ hour_2/ etc..etc.. in each of these there is a single text file called (hour_1.txt in hour_1/ , hour_2.txt for hour_2/ etc..etc..) and i would like to do some text processing in them. Each of... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
20 Replies

7. SuSE

Allow multiple users to run several root commands

I am using SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2 (i586) and I had earlier ammended my sudoers file to allow users to become root user with "sudo su - " command Now I am trying to add multiple users to the sudoers file to run several commands such as restarting the server, restarting the nagios... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Run multiple commands in invoked program

Hi, I have coded a program in Haskell using the compiler Hugs and the program requires multiple commands (with parameters) to be entered into it, it then outputs the result of its execution. I need to test a lot of different options (i.e. the parameters) so it would be obvious to automate the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tz742
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run multiple commands in ssh

Hi All, I have the below requirement. I want to copy the local file to remote after that i need to run the local script on a remote machine.When i use two ssh commnds i can achieve this. But i want to achieve this using one ssh command. Below command to copy the local file to remote ssh -q... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pass Multiple Commands and Open Multiple Xterms via PSS

Hello, I'm attempting to open multiple xterms and run a command as an SAP user via sudo using PSSH. So far, I'm able to run PSSH to a file of servers with no check for keys, open every xterm in to the servers in the file list, and SUDO to the SAP(ADM) user, but it won't do anything else... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: icemanj
11 Replies
Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Run(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Run(3pm)

NAME
Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Run - Run external commands at specific phases of Dist::Zilla VERSION
version 0.013 SYNOPSIS
[Run::BeforeRelease] run = script/myapp_before1.pl %s run = script/myapp_before2.pl %n %v [Run::Release] run = script/myapp_deploy1.pl %s run = deployer.pl --dir %d --tgz %a --name %n --version %v [Run::AfterRelease] run = script/myapp_after.pl %s %v ; %p can be used as the path separator if you have contributors on a different OS run = script%pmyapp_after.pl %s %v DESCRIPTION
Run arbitrary commands at various Dist::Zilla phases. CONVERSIONS
The following conversions/format specifiers are defined for passing as arguments to the specified commands (though not all values are available at all phases). o %a the archive of the release (available to all *Release phases) o %d the directory in which the dist was built (not in "BeforeBuild") o %n the dist name o %p path separator ('/' on Unix, '\' on Win32... useful for cross-platform dist.ini files) o %v the dist version o %x full path to the current perl interpreter (like $^X but from Config) Additionally %s is retained for backward compatibility. Each occurrence is replaced by a different value (like the regular "sprintf" function). Individual plugins define their own values for the positional replacement of %s. AUTHOR
Torsten Raudssus <torsten@raudssus.de> <http://www.raudssus.de/> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2010 by Raudssus Social Software <http://www.raudssus.de/>. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-11-09 Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Run(3pm)