Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers POP3 Mail Client (Command Line) Post 302613843 by Corona688 on Wednesday 28th of March 2012 01:52:23 AM
Old 03-28-2012
Oh, and my procmailrc of course:

Code:
MAILDIR=/home/username/
VERBOSE=on

:0
mail/

Then you just need a cron entry to run the fetchmail executable once and a while and it will do the rest.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using telnet client from MacOSX's command line terminal

I'm completely new to Unix, but familiar with Mac OSX. I've just discovered the command line terminal feature of this new OS and I'm trying to learn how to telnet into my host's server to change permissions to allow executable cgi scripts for my website. Is there anyone who might be able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tylerl
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp command line client

Hi! Does anyone of you know another good ftp command line Client like Midnight Commander? (not /usr/bin/ftp) Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: donald1111
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

e-mail client supporting HTTP mail servers

Hi all I want to know, is there any e-mail client in linux which supports HTTP mail servers. i am using fedora2. as far as investigated or tried I only find POP or IMAP mail server configuration in mozilla mail, ximian and there were no option such as HTTP. I can easily see my e-mail while i am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: babayeve
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command line send mail

Hi, I am trying to send mail in ubuntu. I have installed postfix. In Redhat I could just type: mail name@domain.com I get the error that the command mail is not found. Does anyone know if there is a different command line to send mail? Can I install the command? Thanks, Eric (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command line FTP Client

I'm looking for a FTP client that is similar to NCFTP in that I can run a full ftp command in one line without needing to access the client first then typing the ftp commands. Very simple request but I can't find any other tool like that, I have downloaded Kermit thinking I can use it to tranfer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamkag
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to mail in command line.

Hi Can any one guide me how to mail in ssh command terminal with help of mutt or sendmail command from a proxy client machine . My proxy server is using squid proxy. (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: VijayakumarN
19 Replies

7. Red Hat

Mail server using POP3

Hi, I am trying to set up a mail server on Redhat9. I have read about POP3 and have decided to use that. However, I am unable to configure the files properly. Can anyone tell me how to configure POP3? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shakshakshuk
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail from command line

Hi All; I need to send emails from command line in some of my shell scripts. I tried : mail -s "Subject" member@body.com < testfile where test file contains body of the mail This work on my mac computer at work BUT not on my mac laptop. Does anyone have any ideas why? Thanks Walforum (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walforum
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					    CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY - ask for names only in a directory listing SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY, long listonly); DESCRIPTION
For FTP and SFTP based URLs a parameter set to 1 tells the library to list the names of files in a directory, rather than performing a full directory listing that would normally include file sizes, dates etc. For POP3 a parameter of 1 tells the library to list the email message or messages on the POP3 server. This can be used to change the default behaviour of libcurl, when combined with a URL that contains a message ID, to perform a "scan listing" which can then be used to determine the size of an email. Note: For FTP this causes a NLST command to be sent to the FTP server. Beware that some FTP servers list only files in their response to NLST; they might not include subdirectories and symbolic links. Setting this option to 1 also implies a directory listing even if the URL doesn't end with a slash, which otherwise is necessary. Do NOT use this option if you also use CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH(3) as it will effectively break that feature then. DEFAULT
0, disabled PROTOCOLS
FTP, SFTP and POP3 EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
This option was known as CURLOPT_FTPLISTONLY up to 7.16.4. POP3 is supported since 7.21.5. RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY(3)