Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Arithmetic (number-based) if condition Post 302613795 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 27th of March 2012 10:30:39 PM
Old 03-27-2012
Your data file is in DOS format (ie ^M on the end of lines). Try running it thru dos2unix first.

Or do it all with awk:

Code:
awk -v table=file_history -v outfile=Query.sql '
  /^0/ {c=substr($0,2) }
  /^1/ {L[g++]=substr($0,2)}
  END{
    if(g!=c)
        print "Data corrupt. Incorrect number of rows in the file"
    else {
      print "INSERT ALL" > outfile
      for(i=0;i<g;i++)
        printf "Into %s values (%c%s%c, SYSTIMESTAMP)\n",table,39,L[i],39 >> outfile
      print "SELECT * from dual;" >> outfile
  }}' file.txt

Last edited by Chubler_XL; 03-27-2012 at 11:52 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching and storing unknown number of lines based on the string with a condition

Dear friends, Please help me to resolve the problem below, I have a file with following content: date of file creation : 12 feb 2007 ==================== = name : suresh = city :mumbai #this is a blank line = date : 1st Nov 2005 ==================== few lines of some text this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

transpose based on condition

Hi, I have the oracle table coulns in an order like date, state1, state2....state9 and i need to prepare data from the script output for loading in to this table The script is #!/bin/ksh /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -F"-" '{print $2,$4}' /aemu/ErrorLogs/data/MissingCGIcount.txt |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
5 Replies

3. Programming

multiplying a number by two without using Arithmetic and Shift operators

Hi All, Is it possible to multiply a number by two without using Arithmetic and Shift operators? _Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition based concatenation.

Hello, I am looking for concatenating the lines based on conditions. Below are the contents of the file: Infile: ----- Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN GAC_DT. Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN (PRODTCD ,PLNTCD). Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN PLNTCD. Test1.PO_Itm COLUMN ACTVIND. Test2.RgnToTerrtryGPI COLUMN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indrajit_u
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comment based on a condition

I want to comment 2 lines based on a condition. If THEN occurs immediately after WHEN then i have to comment both the lunes For example : $cat file1.txt CASE WHEN THEN 1 WHEN c1= 'I' AND c2= '0' THEN 2 So in this example i want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I assign number with some condition?

My data file looks like this location_z 2399 167 1 9 72.92 i 17-Oct-2011 20:11:00 location_z 2399 167 2 9.75 72.77 i 18-Oct-2011 00:25:00 location_z 2399 167 3 10.57 72.75 i 18-Oct-2011 18:24:00 location_b ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition based on Timestamp (Date/Time based) from logfile (Epoch seconds)

Below is the sample logfile: Userids Date Time acb Checkout time: 2013-11-20 17:00 axy Checkout time: 2013-11-22 12:00 der Checkout time: 2013-11-17 17:00 xyz Checkout time: 2013-11-19 16:00 ddd Checkout time: 2013-11-21 16:00 aaa Checkout... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines based on line number and specified condition

Hi, I have a file like below. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9I would like to print or copied to a file based of line count in perl If I gave a condition 1 to 3 then it should iterate over above file and print 1 to 3 and then again 1 to 3 etc. output should be 1,2,3 4,5,6 7,8,9 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy down based on condition

Hello: I need to copy down some data from the previous record in to the next record based on the below conditions If position 41- 59 of the current record is same as the previous record and the value of position 62 is not equal to 1 then copy the previous records value for positions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techedipro
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with number to select based on number

Hi experts, I am using KSH and I am need to display file with number in front of file names and user can select it by entering the number. I am trying to use following command to display list with numbers. but I do not know how to capture number and identify what file it is to be used for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mysocks
5 Replies
tell(1T)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  tell(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
tell - Return current access position for an open channel SYNOPSIS
tell channelId _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Returns an integer string giving the current access position in channelId. This value returned is a byte offset that can be passed to seek | in order to set the channel to a particular position. Note that this value is in terms of bytes, not characters like read. The value returned is -1 for channels that do not support seeking. ChannelId must be an identifier for an open channel such as a Tcl standard channel (stdin, stdout, or stderr), the return value from an | invocation of open or socket, or the result of a channel creation command provided by a Tcl extension. EXAMPLE
Read a line from a file channel only if it starts with foobar: # Save the offset in case we need to undo the read... set offset [tell $chan] if {[read $chan 6] eq "foobar"} { gets $chan line } else { set line {} # Undo the read... seek $chan $offset } SEE ALSO
file(1T), open(1T), close(1T), gets(1T), seek(1T), Tcl_StandardChannels(3TCL) KEYWORDS
access position, channel, seeking ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl 8.1 tell(1T)