Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SFTP transfer does not complete Post 302613699 by methyl on Tuesday 27th of March 2012 04:38:11 PM
Old 03-27-2012
There is nothing in your post which would give a clue.

Suggest you contact the site administrators for advice, and don't forget to tell them what software you are running and some detail about your network connection and any firewalls.

Ps. Most public sites disable UTP to stop the "ping of death" denial of service attack.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

start job after complete transfer....

Hi, I have a situation... I have a script it checks for a file in a folder which comes to the folder every day at specified time...2am to 4 am, once the file is in the polder my process starts...but the problem is the files being placed are huge and it is even taking half an hour for the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Processing after complete transfer

Hello everybody I have wriiten a script that, processes a file, only after its found in a particular folder, the files come in via ftp, everyday at different times, morning, afternoon and evening. The script is run every 5 minutes(0,5,10,15,20...55 minutes) of every hour. The problem i am... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karimone
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Transfer Across Multiple Servers

Hello everyone, Have a question which I'm not entirely sure about, but will ask anyway. We have three servers (A/B/C), 'A' being the local host, 'B' being a SFTP server on the DMZ, and 'C' being the intended remote host. The task is to transfer file/s from server 'A' to server 'C' via server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp file transfer

hi i am trying to login to remote server using SFTP Protocol and trying to upload a file butit is asking for the password. Note: I am trying to connect to FrontEnd server sftp SFTREGUP1@14.71.26.6 Connecting to 14.71.26.6... Password Authentication Password: Please help (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP script - poll every min to check file complete before transfering

Hello, Before I do a GET remote file, I need to ensure the remote file is a complete file i.e. whatever process is saving the file to the remote folder should complete the transfer before I go GET it through my script. So I'm thinking I need to poll the remote file every minute or so to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srineel
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP to transfer files from one server to another

Hello, i have to write a script to perform sftp from the remote server to another server. the files which are at the remote location are huge data log files which should be transfered to my server in a particular folder. could you please provide me the general code (simple )... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urfrnddpk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp : not able to print the echo statements after the sftp transfer

I had the below sftp script working perfectly but the problem is I am not able to send the echo statements . #!/bin/sh echo "Starting to sftp..." sftp admin@myip << END_SCRIPT cd /remotepath/ lcd /localpath/ mget myfiles*.csv bye END_SCRIPT echo "Sftp successfully." echo echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passwordless file transfer using sftp

Hello all, I have a requirement, in which we need to stage a package to Unix remote server in an automation (we cant use ssh key generation) , do u have any idea how we can transfer the package to remote server using sftp .if you have any script plz share it to me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramji Sundaram
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer using SFTP

Hi, I want to a transfer file from remote machine to a local machine using SFTP where both my local and remote machines are Ubuntu machines.So i wanted to write a unix bash script which uses SFTP command to transfer the file from remote to local machine. My remote server is 178.28.30.106. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Execute a script after SFTP transfer

Hi All, I am having an issue with the script execution. I am having a SFTP process that send files to a location . I want to execute a script once it transfer the file to that location. Right now I am leveraging autosys file watcher to do that. Is there any way like MFT PPA that can execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies
libssh2_sftp_init(3)						  libssh2 manual					      libssh2_sftp_init(3)

NAME
libssh2_sftp_init - open SFTP channel for the given SSH session. SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> #include <libssh2_sftp.h> LIBSSH2_SFTP * libssh2_sftp_init(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session); DESCRIPTION
session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3) Open a channel and initialize the SFTP subsystem. Although the SFTP subsystem operates over the same type of channel as those exported by the Channel API, the protocol itself implements its own unique binary packet protocol which must be managed with the libssh2_sftp_*() fam- ily of functions. When an SFTP session is complete, it must be destroyed using the libssh2_sftp_shutdown(3) function. RETURN VALUE
A pointer to the newly allocated SFTP instance or NULL on failure. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_TIMEOUT - LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL - An invalid SFTP protocol response was received on the socket, or an SFTP operation caused an errorcode to be returned by the server. LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN - Marked for non-blocking I/O but the call would block. SEE ALSO
libssh2_sftp_shutdown(3) libssh2_sftp_open_ex(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_sftp_init(3)