Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Flag issue
Operating Systems AIX Flag issue Post 302613437 by gnakul on Tuesday 27th of March 2012 08:26:16 AM
Old 03-27-2012
Flag issue

Hi all,

We dont have access to aix source code and i have a doubt.

The flag SC_NO_RESERVE, is it got to do anything with the failover?

If the flag is set the paths are going to failed state. If flag is not set everything comes up fine after failover.

Thanks in advance for helping

-Nakul

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

CC 5.5 compiler flag to issue 64bit porting warnings on sparc-solaris

Hi, We are porting our application from 32bit to 64bit. We tried -xarch=v9, -xarc=v9a and -xport64=full options so that compiler to issue 64bit porting warnings. But we are not getting any porting warninings WE are using CC 5.5 compiler on sparc-solaris m/c. Please tell us some powerful... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobhah
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx Issue with -r flag

I've used "mailx -r return@address" before many times for automated scripts, but when I try to use it on FreeBSD, I get "mailx: illegal option -- r". Is there another version of mailx I should be using to get this to work? The full command I'm trying to run is: mailx -s "Load Results $(date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: superdelic
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

the flag -c in sh command

I need your help please. In a production system, i've seen many running process as follow: sh -c ./pathname/shellname what exactly the flag option -c is used for? ive tried to look at the man page, but it doesnt say much. ill appreciate yor help. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
4 Replies

4. AIX

du flag -x

Hi, I would like to know if there's any option to use with the du command so that I can list only the files/directories on the current filesystem... I usually use du -gs *But I'd like to see only the directories in the filesystem I am on, and not the mount point directory of other fss... ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Casey
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add the flag

#!/bin/bash while : do ./abc.sh PB sleep 60 ./abc.sh RA sleep 60 ./abc.sh GS sleep 68400 done Instead of making the script sleep for sometime, it doesn't work all the time as time may shift over a period. How to make a script wake up every 30 seconds and check the current time, if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

install command flag Linux/Unix issue

Hi all, I was trying to install from source USB_ModeSwitch on my Mac. I have always had success with the basic ./configure, make, make install commands in terminal so don't know how, why or what. The issue I came across is that the makefile.conf uses the -D flag while installing and on UNIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jprokos
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'h' flag in du

Hey, all! Why is the "human readable" flag changing the behavior of du? And while I'm at it, can you make du only look at files, not directories. I often find myself wanting to find the largest file(s) in a dir or vol. Using 'find' itself, it seems you have to at least be able to guess the size of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudon't
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get the id with specify flag

.... means multi line ddd,bug fgdrg dfdfsdfdfsd fsdfdfdfd fdfdsfdsfsd ....... flag2 ...... aaa,bug sfsfsfsfs dfdfsdfdfsd fsdfdfdfd fdfdsfdsfsd ...... flag1 ...... ddd,bug fgdrg dfdfsdfdfsd (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is "stat: illegal option -- -" an issue with hyphenated filename or flag problem?

Hi. I'm trying to install VMWare Workstation to run a virtual machine on my Mac OS, but running the bundle from bash(xterm) sh VMware-workstation-Full-11.0.0-2305329.x86_64.bundle (as suggested in install guide) comes up with error:stat: illegal option -- - usage: stat Digging... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: defeated
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed print flag

I have an input file that looks something like this: .... key1: ABC .... key2: DEF .... key1: GGG .... key2: HHH .... The row of dots represents any number of lines that don't contain the strings "key1:" or "key2:" The strings key1: and key2: will always appear alternately as in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmennen
8 Replies
if_mpadm(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      if_mpadm(1M)

NAME
if_mpadm - change operational status of interfaces within a multipathing group SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/if_mpadm -d interface_name /usr/sbin/if_mpadm -r interface_name DESCRIPTION
Use the if_mpadm utility to change the operational status of interfaces that are part of an IP multipathing group. If the interface is operational, you can use if_mpadm -d to detach or off-line the interface. If the interface is off-lined, use if_mpadm -r to revert it to its original state. When a network interface is off-lined, all network access fails over to a different interface in the IP multipathing group. Any addresses that do not failover are brought down. Network access includes unicast, broadcast, and multicast for IPv4 and unicast and multicast for IPv6. Addresses marked with IFF_NOFAILOVER do not failover. They are marked down. After an interface is off-lined, the system will not use the interface for any outbound or inbound traffic, and the interface can be safely removed from the system without any loss of network access. The if_mpadm utility can be applied only to interfaces that are part of an IP multipathing group. OPTIONS
The if_mpadm utility supports the following options: -d interface_name Detach or off-line the interface specified by interface_name. -r interface_name Reattach or undo the previous detach or off-line operation on the interface specified by interface_name. Unless the -d option was used to detach or off-line the interface, this option will fail. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Detaching an Interface Use the following command to off-line or detach the interface. All network access will failover from hme0 to other interfaces in the same IP multipathing group. If no other interfaces are in the same group, the operation will fail. example% if_mpadm -d hme0 Example 2: Reattaching an Off-line Interface Use the following command to undo the previous operation. Network access will failback to hme0. example% if_mpdadm -r hme0 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), in.mpathd(1M), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
off-line failed as there is no other functional interface available in the multipathing group for failing over the network access. This message means that other interfaces in the group are failed over already or the multipathing configuration was not suitable for com- pleting a failover. off-line cannot be undone because multipathing configuration is not consistent across all the interfaces in the group. This message means that some interfaces in the IP multipathing group are not configured consistently with other interfaces in the group, for example, one of the interfaces in the group does not have an IFF_NOFAILOVER address. SunOS 5.10 3 Sep 2002 if_mpadm(1M)