Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Installing firefox on solaris 10 Post 302612981 by jlliagre on Monday 26th of March 2012 01:47:43 PM
Old 03-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbich1985
these is command to type?
Precisely, assuming you downloaded the tar.bz file in the default location.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Firefox for Solaris?

I was wondering how i could install mozilla firefox for solaris 8? I downloaded the file: firefox1.0.4-sparc-sun-solaris2.8.tar.bz2 Then i read to decompress .bz2 files i need another software so i got bzip2, but i dont know how to install that eiether :( As your probably gathered im... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikster007
4 Replies

2. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Installing Firefox on RH 4.7

As part of requirement to install oracle I tried to install firefox and got the following error. libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory from "ldd firefox-bin" Appearantly I am also missing libxul.so libmozjs.so libxpcom.so ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jxh461
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Sample solution for Firefox-3.6.10 pkg in solaris 10 for X86

download pkg from sunfreeware web site (root user mode) step1: #mkdir opt/sft step2: download the package and save it in the opt/sft directory step3: #bunzip2 firefox-3.6.10.en-US.solaris-10-fcs-i386-pkg.bz2 step 4 #pkgadd -d ./firefox-3.6.10.en-US.solaris-10-fcs-i386-pkg ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alamin2010
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Problems configuring keyboard and Firefox on Solaris

Hello, I'm having problems with my keyboard on Solaris 10, i want to "complete" the command with the tab key and it does not work, also, i want to use the arrows to remember the last commands issued and it always show Google, but when i try to open a browser with Google it does not work, but if... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: danndp
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing Solaris 8 bootblock without Solaris Install CD

Hello everyone, Background: I'm having an issue with booting a clone of hard drive with Solaris 8 installation. For cloning process I have used g4l, running under click'n'clone option. As far as I know the actual operation ran behind g4l's interface was dd, though I do not have any information... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny994
12 Replies

7. Red Hat

Installing Firefox 4 help

How would I go about installing Firefox 4? I really don't like firefox 5 or 6. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

[Solved] Java Plugin not working w/Firefox 7 on Solaris x86

I upgraded my server to Firefox version 7.0.1 and created a symbolic link to /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/jre/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so in the /usr/lib/firefox/plugins directory. According to the directions from the mozilla site, this should work. But whenever i attempt to access an app that requires... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris hangs (Firefox)

dear members, i am a newbie to solaris 11.3, and deeply impressed. On my test pc (Lenovo M90), however, using the internet hangs the system from time to time; initializing the connecting (WLAN) during installation (via the live cd) took two attempts as well. Maybe someone has a solution... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RichardLichten
7 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)