Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Upgrade to Firefox 11 in OpenSolaris 11 Post 302612191 by jlliagre on Sunday 25th of March 2012 04:17:13 AM
Old 03-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by stansaraczewski
'Not Current' meant it was an old release. Perhaps attributable to my 'newbieness'... I extracted it in the TMP directory, clicked on the firefox .bin and it was not release 11.
The version I posted a link to is definitely the latest one. The issue was very likely you already had a firefox window open. In such situations, firefox doesn't launch itself but instead just open a new window of the current one. Should you want to run it while another instance is already there, you need to use the --no-remote option.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Suspend in opensolaris

How does one enable the suspend to hard drive or ram and sleep features on a desktiop running Open Solaris? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FloridaBSD
2 Replies

2. Solaris

opensolaris in non UI mode

Hi, I have just installed OpenSolaris 10 on a Pentium III laptop. When I boot the machine, I get to the gdm driven login screen and upon login I can see my colorful desktop with different icons (like firefox and package manager). My machine is low on resources and it was running too slow - so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: badriprasad
2 Replies

3. Solaris

OpenSolaris vs Solaris

What is the difference between OpenSolaris and Solaris ? Can we get the same full functionality as Solaris on SPARC in OpenSolaris ? thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
3 Replies