Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell script folder creation
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Shell script folder creation Post 302612189 by ctsgnb on Sunday 25th of March 2012 03:51:19 AM
Old 03-25-2012
Please read forum rules #11

Please provide an example of what you have and what you need :
a little example is often easier to get than a long blurred explaination

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

user creation using shell script for JSP

hello friends, I have problem. We want to create user from jsp(browser based) on our linux server. How we can do that ? or How do we create a user with shell programming by taking arguments and checking with the existing users and if the user exist it should display the message the user exists... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jarkvarma
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

folder creation

Hi, help me to write a shell script to check the folder is exsting as with the current date in specified path,and if not exsting ,i need to create a folder with name as the current date Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rujupriya
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in a shell script to edit a tablespace creation script.

Hi, CREATE TABLESPACE aps_blob_large01 DATAFILE '/c2r6u13/u03/oradata/qnoldv01/aps_blob_large0101.dbf' SIZE X 270532608 REUSE DEFAULT STORAGE (INITIAL 134217728 NEXT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rparavastu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script Partition Creation

Hello all How is it going I want Shell Patch The work of the following division of the disk Can this 200 MB EXT3 /boot 20 Gb EXT3 / 10 GB Swap End Of Space ( Linux LVM ) Found a similar script can be customized by you to be the work required #!/bin/bash VSIZE=200 fdisk /dev/hda... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: x-zer0
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script for user creation in solaris

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting and have a task which need to be completed ASAP. I have searched all the forum and couln't find excat script which could run on solaris.can someone give me the fully working script for below. Bash shell script to create user account with paraments as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sintilash
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV File Creation Within Shell Script

Hi All, I am trying to create a CSV file within a shell script test.ksh and the code snippet is something like below: #!/usr/bin/ksh # Set required variables. . $HOME/.prof # Output file path Group1=/tmp/G1.csv Group2=/tmp/G2.csv Group3=/tmp/G3.csv $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i sort this listing in PYTHON by folder creation?

Is there anything i can do about this code? I need to sort it by folder creation, the newest will be first ... thx :) for dirname in postme: dirname = os.path.abspath(dirname) if dirname: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZerO13
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for user account Creation

Hi Folks, I had a request to create the user request. Between, I just write a script a create, Update Geos, and update the password. My script as below: The error message, what I am getting is all the users are updated with the same Goes value.. #!/bin/bash for i in `cat users.txt`;do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move files and Creation of folder structure

We are receiving few zipped files in one location say : apple/oranges/incoming All .zip files are placed here in incoming folder. So few of the files are password encrypted. There are only 10 zipped files, so we are planning to create a script which will pick that zip file from incoming... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sidhant
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies
FSVS - URL format(5)						       fsvs						      FSVS - URL format(5)

NAME
Format of URLs - FSVS can use more than one URL; the given URLs are overlaid according to their priority. FSVS can use more than one URL; the given URLs are overlaid according to their priority. For easier managing they get a name, and can optionally take a target revision. Such an extended URL has the form ['name:'{name},]['target:'{t-rev},]['prio:'{prio},]URL where URL is a standard URL known by subversion -- something like http://...., svn://... or svn+ssh://.... The arguments before the URL are optional and can be in any order; the URL must be last. Example: name:perl,prio:5,svn://... or, using abbreviations, N:perl,P:5,T:324,svn://... Please mind that the full syntax is in lower case, whereas the abbreviations are capitalized! Internally the : is looked for, and if the part before this character is a known keyword, it is used. As soon as we find an unknown keyword we treat it as an URL, ie. stop processing. The priority is in reverse numeric order - the lower the number, the higher the priority. (See url__current_has_precedence() ) Why a priority? When we have to overlay several URLs, we have to know which URL takes precedence - in case the same entry is in more than one. (Which is not recommended!) Why a name? We need a name, so that the user can say 'commit all outstanding changes to the repository at URL x', without having to remember the full URL. After all, this URL should already be known, as there's a list of URLs to update from. You should only use alphanumeric characters and the underscore here; or, in other words, w or [a-zA-Z0-9_]. (Whitespace, comma and semicolon get used as separators.) What can I do with the target revision? Using the target revision you can tell fsvs that it should use the given revision number as destination revision - so update would go there, but not further. Please note that the given revision number overrides the -r parameter; this sets the destination for all URLs. The default target is HEAD. Note: In subversion you can enter URL@revision - this syntax may be implemented in fsvs too. (But it has the problem, that as soon as you have a @ in the URL, you must give the target revision every time!) There's an additional internal number - why that? This internal number is not for use by the user. It is just used to have an unique identifier for an URL, without using the full string. On my system the package names are on average 12.3 characters long (1024 packages with 12629 bytes, including newline): COLUMNS=200 dpkg-query -l | cut -c5- | cut -f1 -d' ' | wc So if we store an id of the url instead of the name, we have approx. 4 bytes per entry (length of strings of numbers from 1 to 1024). Whereas using the needs name 12.3 characters, that's a difference of 8.3 per entry. Multiplied with 150 000 entries we get about 1MB difference in filesize of the dir-file. Not really small ... And using the whole URL would inflate that much more. Currently we use about 92 bytes per entry. So we'd (unnecessarily) increase the size by about 10%. That's why there's an url_t::internal_number. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for fsvs from the source code. Version trunk:2424 11 Mar 2010 FSVS - URL format(5)