Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Averaging each row with null values Post 302612065 by ida1215 on Saturday 24th of March 2012 12:28:57 PM
Old 03-24-2012
Thank you very much for all the help on this.
@ agama: what does the / [0-9] / do in the awk expression?
@ scrutinizer: thanks for the useful information of awk capabilities.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

averaging column values with awk

Hello. Im just starting to learn awk so hang in there with me...I have a large text file formatted as such everything is in a single column ID001 value 1 value 2 value....n ID002 value 1 value 2 value... n I want to be able to calculate the average for values for each ID from the... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmillsbro
18 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert data befor some field in a row of data depending up on values in row

Hi I need to do some thing like "find and insert before that " in a file which contains many records. This will be clear with the following example. The original data record should be some thing like this 60119827 RTMS_LOCATION_CDR INSTANT_POSITION_QUERY 1236574686123083rtmssrv7 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Compare Null values??

Hi, Can someone help me comparing Null values. Scenario is as follows: I have a variable which "cache_prd" which can have either some integer or nothing(Null) if it is integer I have to again do some comparision but these comparisons give me this error:( "line 32: [: 95: unary operator... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yagami
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting null values

Hi I have a file with the values abc res set kls lmn ops i want to sort this file with the null values at the bottom of the file OUTPUT should look like this abc kls lmn ops (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickyhere
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to averaging column based on first column values

Hello I have file that consist of 2 columns of millions of entries timestamp and throughput I want to find the average (throughput ) for each equal timestamp before change it to proper format e.g : i want to average 2 coloumnd fot all 1308154800 values in column 1 and then print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aadel
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop for row-wise averaging of multiple files using awk

Hello all, I need to compute a row-wise average of files with a single column based on the pattern of the filenames. I really appreciate any help on this. it would just be very difficult to do them manually as the rows are mounting to 100,000 lines. the filenames are as below with convention as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sort with null values?

Hello everyone I am doing a join command. Obviously, before I need two files sorted first. ( Both files have headers and have about 2 million lines each one ) The problem is, one of the files has null values in the key to sort (which is the first filed ). For example I have the original... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: viktor1985
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File values alwaya null

Hi All , below is my shell program. !/bin/sh set -x #---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Program : weekly_remove_icd_file.sh # Author : # Date : 04/06/2013 # Purpose : Execute the script to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check null values column

hi, I had a small question.I had a file from which i need to extract data. I have written the below script to check if the file exists and if it exists extract requierd columns from the file. IFILE=/home/home01/Report_1.csv OFILE=/home/home01/name.csv.out1 if #Checks if file exists... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to perform averaging of values for particular timestamp using awk or anythoing else??

I have a file of the form. 16:00:26,83.33 16:05:26,83.33 16:10:26,83.33 16:15:26,83.33 16:20:26,90.26 16:25:26,83.33 16:30:26,83.33 17:00:26,83.33 17:05:26,83.33 17:10:26,83.33 17:15:26,83.33 17:20:26,90.26 17:25:26,83.33 17:30:26,83.33 For the timestamp 16:00:00 to 16:55:00, I need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saidul
5 Replies
SPI_MODIFYTUPLE(3)					  PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation					SPI_MODIFYTUPLE(3)

NAME
SPI_modifytuple - create a row by replacing selected fields of a given row SYNOPSIS
HeapTuple SPI_modifytuple(Relation rel, HeapTuple row, int ncols, int * colnum, Datum * values, const char * nulls) DESCRIPTION
SPI_modifytuple creates a new row by substituting new values for selected columns, copying the original row's columns at other positions. The input row is not modified. ARGUMENTS
Relation rel Used only as the source of the row descriptor for the row. (Passing a relation rather than a row descriptor is a misfeature.) HeapTuple row row to be modified int ncols number of column numbers in the array colnum int * colnum array of the numbers of the columns that are to be changed (column numbers start at 1) Datum * values new values for the specified columns const char * Nulls which new values are null, if any (see SPI_execute_plan for the format) RETURN VALUE
new row with modifications, allocated in the upper executor context; NULL only if row is NULL On error, SPI_result is set as follows: SPI_ERROR_ARGUMENT if rel is NULL, or if row is NULL, or if ncols is less than or equal to 0, or if colnum is NULL, or if values is NULL. SPI_ERROR_NOATTRIBUTE if colnum contains an invalid column number (less than or equal to 0 or greater than the number of column in row) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 SPI_MODIFYTUPLE(3)