Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bat to shell
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bat to shell Post 302611979 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 24th of March 2012 06:28:56 AM
Old 03-24-2012
Hi, have you googled for bat2sh, bat2ksh or bat2bash?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run shell script from .bat file

hi how can I execute a shell script on unix server from a .bat file of windows desktop?? Regards. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chaitrali
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple bat file

Hi guys, I need a *.bat to run a ksh file in the shell on Windows NT...nothing more :) How do I do it? I tried with the following but it failed: set INFORMIXDIR=D:\user-applications\informix set PATH=%INFORMIXDIR%;%PATH% D:\user-applications\MKS\mksnt\sh.exe C:\hk_9.2\C3_weekly_auto.ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dird
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files

Experts, I am newbie in shell scripting. I want to write Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files. I have installed cygwin at c:\cygwin and i am trying to crate the sh file using vi editor. i am not able to understand how to use linux/unix convention for the code. following is my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajuchacha007
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files

Experts, I am newbie in shell scripting. I want to write Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files. I have installed cygwin at c:\cygwin and i am trying to crate the sh file using vi editor. i am not able to understand how to use linux/unix convention for the code. following is my... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuchacha007
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

.bat or .pl script help

hi I need to rediret an content of one file and append it to another file. I need it in .bat script. I tried this, first.txt I love to write script type first.txt >> out.txt type first.txt >> out.txt out.txt I love to write scriptI love to write script you see the second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

.bat script help

hi I need to rediret an content of one file and append it to another file. I need it in .bat script. I tried this, first.txt I love to write script type first.txt >> out.txt type first.txt >> out.txt out.txt I love to write scriptI love to write script you see the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
6 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Executing .bat file

Hi , I have a bat file on windows machine ,I need to excute it from my local unix machine using sambe utility.Is there any comman to execute the .bat file remotely. Using samba utility i can post files to and fro from windows to unix but i don't comman to exute the .bat file. can any one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with bat file!!!

I need to put/get files from Windows machine to Unix machine and vice-versa. I wrote a text file "ftp1.txt" as below. naga naga06 cd /root/Naga prom off get time.unl bye I wrote another bat file "ftp.bat" as below. ftp -n -s:C:\Users\Naga\Desktop\ftp1.txt IP_ADDRESS but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

BAT to SH help

First off, let me apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place! I am a newbie to this forum, to shell scripting and to Linux so please bare with me. I created a script on the windows environment that makes a call to a java application and extracts a return value from the java app. It... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arod291
7 Replies

10. Linux

Convert .sh to .bat please

Can someone translate this code to .bat for me? I have no clue. #!/bin/sh WAS_HOME="/opt/websphere/appserver/profiles/AppSrv01" WAS_APP_SERVER="server1" WAS_PROFILE_NAME="AppSrv01" echo "Stopping App Server" "${WAS_HOME}/bin/stopServer.sh" -profileName $WAS_PROFILE_NAME $WAS_APP_SERVER... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blogger11
1 Replies
prof(5) 						Standards, Environments, and Macros						   prof(5)

NAME
prof - profile within a function SYNOPSIS
#define MARK #include <prof.h> void MARK(name); DESCRIPTION
MARK introduces a mark called name that is treated the same as a function entry point. Execution of the mark adds to a counter for that mark, and program-counter time spent is accounted to the immediately preceding mark or to the function if there are no preceding marks within the active function. name may be any combination of letters, numbers, or underscores. Each name in a single compilation must be unique, but may be the same as any ordinary program symbol. For marks to be effective, the symbol MARK must be defined before the header prof.h is included, either by a preprocessor directive as in the synopsis, or by a command line argument: cc -p -DMARK work.c If MARK is not defined, the MARK(name) statements may be left in the source files containing them and are ignored. prof -g must be used to get information on all labels. EXAMPLES
In this example, marks can be used to determine how much time is spent in each loop. Unless this example is compiled with MARK defined on the command line, the marks are ignored. #include <prof.h> work( ) { int i, j; . . . MARK(loop1); for (i = 0; i < 2000; i++) { . . . } MARK(loop2); for (j = 0; j < 2000; j++) { . . . } } SEE ALSO
profil(2), monitor(3C) SunOS 5.11 3 Jul 1990 prof(5)