Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) OpenStreetMap client (with offline maps) for Mac OS X Post 302611899 by [MA]Flying_Meat on Friday 23rd of March 2012 06:07:18 PM
Old 03-23-2012
I only found this"
mifkiPlanito
This User Gave Thanks to [MA]Flying_Meat For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

CA Siteminder offline authentication for a thick client(swing java) application.

Hi All, I have a thick client based on swing java and we are using CA SiteMinder for the authentication. Now we have new requirement in which we need to access the application when its offline. So is there any way that I can use siteminder for offline authenticaion? I mean can we store... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacko193
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Mac OS X LDAP client not accepting ssh or console logins (PAM error)

Hi Folks, I've install 389 Directory Server on a Centos 7.0 server. Over the last two days I've been trying to connect a MacBook running 10.10.5 to the server as a client and I'm having only partial success. I've "Joined" to my network Account Server, and set my LDAP Mappings to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script who maps IP with MAC address

Hy every body, Unfortunately and without success, i want to write a bash script who maps a known IP addess to a known MAC address using iptables and for the FORWARD chain. Within the DHCP server, i have assigned a fixed IP address to all clients based on their MAC addresses of their... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hermouche
11 Replies
DHID(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   DHID(8)

NAME
dhid -- Dynamic Host Information System client. SYNOPSIS
dhid [-h] [-p port] [-P pidfile] [-f conffile] DESCRIPTION
dhid is the DHIS client daemon. After setting up with a DHIS provider, each machine may run a dhid daemon (in background) in order to update its dynamic IP address within the server. /etc/dhid.conf should be configured according to the provider's assigned parameters. Once running, dhid sends echo request packets to the server and expects a reply. Once received, dhid tries to authenticate at the server either in secure on insecure mode. From then on, and providing authentication was successful, the client waits and replies to queries origi- nated at the server. If the server doesn't receive acknowledgments of these packets the host is marked offline. Likewise, if the client doesn't receive queries for a period of time the offline stage is restored. Therefore, the only thing a DHIS host needs is to run the dhid client. The server is able to determine when the host is online and the server tables are updated automatically. OPTIONS
-h Show usage information. -p port Specify port to listen on. If not specified, the default is port 58800. -P pidfile Use an alternative PID file instead of /var/run/dhisd.pid. -l conffile Use an alternative configuration file instead of /etc/dhid.conf. FILES
/etc/dhid.conf DHIS client configuration. AUTHOR
dhid has been written by Joao Cabral <jcnc@dhis.org>. This manual page was written by Guus Sliepen <guus@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Debian GNU/Linux June 1, 2019 Debian GNU/Linux