Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using ping in script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using ping in script Post 302611881 by methyl on Friday 23rd of March 2012 05:06:37 PM
Old 03-23-2012
Try:
Code:
ping -c2 -I "$nic"  "$dest"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ping Script

hello, I am looking to make a script that will ping a remote ip address. Upon completion of the ping I want the program to either ping again if the # of packets transmitted is equal to the number of packets received or exit if the two values are unequal and information was lost. I am not sure if I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcrosby
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to ping servers

Hi , I would like to automate a script to ping all the unix servers perodically thru cronjob. Is there any script out there? If so Please give me. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriny
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ping script

I want find from a file , where list of hosts is given . Whether SSH is running on that Hosts and and create 2 files : HOSt-SSH-Running HOST-SSH-Not-running In the list we have some Windows and Unix Servers, windows servers do not have sshd running. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Ping Script and AWK

Hey Guys, First time posting here. I keep getting back here on my google searches to help me in my scripting quest. Can i ask for some guidance please? I acquired a script, from these forums in fact that pings a list of IPs/Hostnames. Works a treat. Echos results to a file with the value... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stacky69
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help With Ping Script

Hello all...I'm new to Unix and learning. What I'm trying to create is a script that will ping a known range of IP addresses, say 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254. For each address that no reply is received, that address will be written to a log file that will be emailed to an administrator. My wife... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spmitchell
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need bash script to ping the servers and rename the output file each time the script is ran

HI, I have a file serverlist in that all host names are placed. i have written a small script #./testping #! /bin/bash for i in `cat serverlist` do ping $i >> output.txt done so now it creates a file output.txt till here fine.. now each time i run this script the output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhudeva
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ping script

hello fellows, I need help with a script, I'm using this one HOSTS="192.168.10.9 192.168.10.15 " SUBJECT="Attention - Gateway San Martin DOWN " COUNT=1 EMAILID="lmail@mydomain.com" for myHost in $HOSTS do count=$(ping -c $COUNT $myHost | grep 'received' | awk -F',' '{ print $2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucas.fradusco
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script with ping

I have a question is there any posibility for writing a script that you can see if a pc in your network is up of down , when you run this script for ex. ./test.sh 63 45 54 , which are the ip adresses of the computers , when you give the last digit of the ip adres as argument 63 , 45 and 54 are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roggy
5 Replies

10. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)