Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Reading long options in C++ program Post 302611877 by shamrock on Friday 23rd of March 2012 05:04:38 PM
Old 03-23-2012
You can eliminate all those variables and cut down on the clutter by doing this...
Code:
const char* value = strchr(argv[i], '=') + 1;

but you shold check if strchr returns a non null pointer...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reading long filenames from nero to AIX

One of my colleagues is having an issue moving files between a windows box and the AIX servers in the office. The filenames are being truncated though i don't know to what extent. He's using Nero to burn the CD and I think he mentioned he's using Joliet. I found another thread that shows a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: categoryzd
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to run the commands reading options from local file

I have to use shell script to run series of commands on another unix box by connecting through SSH and giving user credentials. For running commands on remote machine I have to use options reading from a local file. Process: Connecting to remote unix server <host1.ibm.com> through ssh Login: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsprout
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using getopt for both short and long options

Hi , I am using getopt for both short and long options as below SHORTOPTS="a:c" LONGOPTS="alpha:,charlie" OPTS=$(getopt -o $SHORTOPTS --longoptions $LONGOPTS -n "$progname" -- "$@") eval set -- "$OPTS" while ; do case $1 in -a|--alpha) echo "-a or --alpha... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmisri
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi , I am using getopt for both short and long options as below SHORTOPTS="a:c" LONGOPTS="alpha:,charlie" OPTS=$(getopt -o $SHORTOPTS --longoptions $LONGOPTS -n "$progname" -- "$@") eval set -- "$OPTS" while ; do case $1 in -a|--alpha) echo "-a or --alpha... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi , I am using getopt for both short and long options as below SHORTOPTS="a:c" LONGOPTS="alpha:,charlie" OPTS=$(getopt -o $SHORTOPTS --longoptions $LONGOPTS -n "$progname" -- "$@") eval set -- "$OPTS" while ; do case $1 in -a|--alpha) echo "-a or --alpha... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading command options one by one

Hi, Just some questions on the script below...? Given: bash-2.03$ command -a option1 name1 name2 ParseOptions() { local Len=${#@} local Ctr=2 #always start at 2 local Name=() local Iter=0 while ; do if <- Is this correct? so I can get the $2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading command line options from bash script

I have the following code and I am calling it using ./raytrac.bash -u and getting problems. For some reason opt_usage is still 0. opt_usage=0 iarg=0 narg=$# while (($iarg < $narg)) do (( iarg = $iarg + 1 )) arg=$argv usrInputFlag=`echo $arg | awk '/=/ {print 1}; ! /=/... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
22 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display a message if program hangs(takes too long)

I have a ksh script (script1) that calls another ksh script (script2). If script2.ksh hangs or takes too long to execute I want script1.ksh to kill the call to script2.ksh and instead just display "Script2 can't run right now". Could someone help me with coding this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :: Getopt::Long in the program

While going through some of the perl script... I had found the below line.. use Getopt::Long; my $GetOptionsReturnCode = GetOptions ( '<>' => sub { push(@unknownArg, @_); }, 'h|help' => sub { &helpMessage(); exit 0; }, ); Could anyone please explain the above one ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a long literal continued next line

I am trying to identify all messages or prompts from a number of COBOL programs and they can usually be identified by a pair of double quotes on one line. However, sometimes the literal will not be finished on the first line but after a dash in column 7 of the next line, the literal will be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
6 Replies
STRCHR(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 STRCHR(3)

NAME
strchr, strrchr -- locate character in string LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <string.h> char * strchr(const char *s, int c); char * strrchr(const char *s, int c); DESCRIPTION
The strchr() function locates the first occurrence of c (converted to a char) in the string pointed to by s. The terminating null character is considered to be part of the string; therefore if c is '', the functions locate the terminating ''. The strrchr() function is identical to strchr(), except it locates the last occurrence of c. RETURN VALUES
The functions strchr() and strrchr() return a pointer to the located character, or NULL if the character does not appear in the string. SEE ALSO
memchr(3), memmem(3), strcspn(3), strpbrk(3), strsep(3), strspn(3), strstr(3), strtok(3), wcschr(3) STANDARDS
The functions strchr() and strrchr() conform to ISO/IEC 9899:1990 (``ISO C90''). BSD
April 19, 1994 BSD