Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with Temperature Script (Starting Post 302611803 by ctsgnb on Friday 23rd of March 2012 01:48:56 PM
Old 03-23-2012
Please show us the output you have as well as the output you need

We may then be able to help you to parse the output to get the intended result

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem starting a script from a 'main'-script

Please Help! :o I have a main script (ksh) where another script is called (convert_picture). Normally this works ok, but since some changes has been made on the unix-server (I dont know what :( ) suddenly it doesnt work anymore: i get an error message: ksh: convert_picture not found. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakker
3 Replies

2. Solaris

CPU temperature

Hi all I have a SUN V480 server with 4 processores and I've noticed that the temperature for 2 of the 4 processers are quite high (63 degrees Celsius). Does anyone know what the operating temperatures of the Sparc CPU's are? I'm not getting any warning messages yet, but I want to resolve the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Starting script without ./ name or sh name

Hi, i want to start my script only by the name of it. $ scriptName normaly i have to use ./scriptName oder sh scriptName is there a way to do that in bash or sh ? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Turrican
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Iterate a min/max awk script over time-series temperature data

I'm trying to iterate a UNIX awk script that returns min/max temperature data for each day from a monthly weather data file (01_weath.dat). The temperature data is held in $5. The temps are reported each minute so each day contains 1440 temperature enteries. The below code has gotten me as far as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgourley
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MAKING A SCRIPT FOR TEMPERATURE

People hello to everybody exist a way to do a script for view the temperature. I have Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike) Kernel 2.4.20-8 on an i686 THANk YOU FOR YOUR TIME. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor sun servers temperature

Dears, need help on developing a script to monitor sun server temperature , I'm using the below command to check the servers one by one /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v Servers Models are : 2 x Sun SPARC Enterprise M9000 Server 4 x Sun Fire V490 2 x Sun Blade T6300 Server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bejo4ever
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help starting a script

Hi guys, i already search in this forum and i can't find a way to do this. I have a file like this: -1 1 lig -1 1 lig -1 1 lig -1 -1 dec -1 -1 dec -1 -1 dec -1 -1 dec -1 -1 dec -1 -1 dec And i need to compare the values of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MetaBolic0
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Starting Firefox?

Presently I have a powershell script (windows only, of course) that enumerates all the instances of "Internet Explorer" running on my machine and if at least one exists, the script creates a new tab in that instance with the URL I have provided. If no instances of Internet Explorer are running, one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
mbmon(1)						      General Commands Manual							  mbmon(1)

NAME
mbmon - MotherBoard Monitor SYNOPSIS
mbmon [options] <seconds for sleep> (default 5 sec) This manual page documents briefly the mbmon command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original pro- gram does not have a manual page. Recent motherboards have functionalities to monitor the CPU temperatures and the frequency of CPU cooling fans etc. Although some programs utilizing these hardware monitoring facilities have been developed for the Microsoft Windows platforms, no programs seem to exist for PC- UNIX and the X Windows System platforms. mbmon used at the command line reports the temperatures, voltages and rpm (rounds per minute) of cooling fans. It can also be used remotely via telnet, thanks to the "-P" option. OPTIONS
-h Show summary of options. -V, -S, -I, -A Access method (using "VIA686 HWM directly"|"SMBus"|"ISA I/O port"|"All this methods"). -d Debug mode (any other options except (V|S|I) will be ignored). -e [0-2] set extra temperature sensor to temp. Need -A. -p chip For probing chips. chip=winbond|wl784|via686|it87|gl52|lm85|lm80|lm90|lm75 -Y For Tyan Tiger MP/MPX motherboard. -f Display temperature in Fahrenheit. -c count Repeat <count> times and exit. -P port Run in daemon mode, using given port for clients. -T|F [1-7] print Temperature|Fanspeed according to following styles: style1: data1 style2: data2 style3: data3 style4: data10ata2 style5: data10ata3 style6: data20ata3 style7: data10ata20ata3 -r Print TAG and Value format. -u Print system uptime. -t Print present time. -n, -N print hostname (long|short style). -i Print integers in the summary (with -T option). EXAMPLES
mbmon -P 11000; telnet localhost 11000; sudo killall mbmon mbmon -c1 mbmon 1 (yeah, real time baby !) SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/mbmon/* AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Nicolas Rueff <n.rueff@tuxfamily.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). November 10, 2003 mbmon(1)