Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: installing NS 3 Simulator
Operating Systems Linux installing NS 3 Simulator Post 302611793 by Corona688 on Friday 23rd of March 2012 01:36:54 PM
Old 03-23-2012
It's just a webpage.

I went to ns-3, clicked below 'most recent stable release', where it tells you
Quote:
The source code can be downloaded from here while the extensive documentation is available in a variety of formats from here.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX simulator?!

Hello I want to learn AIX 5L administration. Is there any AIX simulator which I can utilize for learning? Pit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piooooter
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

File system simulator

Can anyone suggest me good links where i can read about unix file system and how it was created? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet_pavithra
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need a Unix simulator for XP

Hi, I need a very good unix simulator for Windows XP. I have been using Cygwin for past 2 months,but since it has some problem in VI editor ,i need to get an alternative for that. could u suggest an option for me? Manu Surendran (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: manu.surendran
11 Replies

4. Solaris

OpenBoot Simulator

Hi, I would like to know if it's possible find a openboot simulator for solaris to can practice some exercices Thanks a lot and sorry for my english! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
11 Replies

5. Solaris

storage array simulator

hi i haven't much experience in solaris. I would like to know about storage. how to configure,how it is working etc....can i get any simulator for doing these work? plaese send me the link . please help me advance thanks to all (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sijocg
2 Replies

6. Solaris

storage simulator

hi all, i want to know how to configure CAM, how to create volumes,groups etc. one of my friend given me a simulator software. i installed that but it does not take any hard disk. how can i do the above practice in my PC. please help me waiting for your valuable suggestion thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sijocg
1 Replies

7. AIX

simulator for aix

Hi I want to learn AIX administration. Is there some environment where I can install AIX ? Sth like VBox where i can install multiple systems. If there is not, please advice me what machine to buy to learn it and to not destroy my budget ? thx for help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris- VxVM simulator

Hi, Could any one tel me VxVM simulator is available in market or can it be downloaded from any were???? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhan143
4 Replies

9. Hardware

time accurate simulator

Hi all, Does anybody know how to build a cycle accurate simulator? I've looked at QEMU and SESC simulator, but they are only cycle accurate for the CPU part. I'm looking for a simulator which can estimate the performance including CPU and I/O. For example, when I configure the simulator by SSD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qqkk88
2 Replies

10. Solaris

VCS Simulator for Solaris

Hi, I just wanted to know, if VCS simulator (For Solaris) is available for free ? I will be running that on my Windows XP. If somebody have, please share the link. Regards ---------- Post updated at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:43 AM ---------- I was able to get it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies
CTRLALTDEL(8)						       System Administration						     CTRLALTDEL(8)

NAME
ctrlaltdel - set the function of the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination SYNOPSIS
ctrlaltdel hard|soft DESCRIPTION
Based on examination of the linux/kernel/sys.c code, it is clear that there are two supported functions that the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence can perform: a hard reset, which immediately reboots the computer without calling sync(2) and without any other preparation; and a soft reset, which sends the SIGINT (interrupt) signal to the init process (this is always the process with PID 1). If this option is used, the init(8) program must support this feature. Since there are now several init(8) programs in the Linux community, please consult the documentation for the version that you are currently using. ctrlaltdel is usually used in the /etc/rc.local file. FILES
/etc/rc.local SEE ALSO
simpleinit(8), init(8) AUTHOR
Peter Orbaek (poe@daimi.aau.dk) AVAILABILITY
The ctrlaltdel command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux October 1993 CTRLALTDEL(8)