Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help - compress file one day ago Post 302611721 by ygemici on Friday 23rd of March 2012 10:57:38 AM
Old 03-23-2012
if you use GNU find then try this Smilie
Code:
# find . -daystart -type f -mtime 1

so
Code:
# find /home/user1/LOGS -daystart -mtime 1 -type f -iname "TEST_RPT*" -exec gzip -f '{}' ';'

Last edited by ygemici; 03-24-2012 at 08:20 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare prev day file to current day file

Hi all: I am new to this board and UNIX programming so please forgive if I don't explain something correctly. I am trying to write a script to keep track of our links, we link one program written for Client A to Client B's directory. What we want to do is to keep track of our linked programs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Smurtzy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file was created before 15 days ago.

How can I get difference date between today and 15 days ago and all filename is was created before 15 days ago? It has to be korn shell script. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: YoungBlood
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the file from 15 days ago

How can I get difference date between today and 15 days ago and all filename is was created before 15 days ago? It has to be korn shell script. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: YoungBlood
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron to run first day of month to calculate date 3 months ago

Hi, I would like to find out how can i calculate a date which is 3 months ago. I intend to run a cron job on the 1st of every month, and calculate the month 4 months earlier from the date. For example, if today's date is 1st May 2007, i would like to return 012007( January 2007). i can get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to touch a file 30min ago

I know how to touch like this touch -t 199908031046 /tmp/file1 But I want to create a cron job for touch a file which 30 min ago in Solaris which haven't -mmin Can I use like this ? touch -t `date +%s` - 30 /tmp/file1 Because I want to file the file which older than 30min. Thanks, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kennylcn
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue: Compress in unix server and FTP to windows and open the compress file using Winzip

Hi All ! We have to compress a big data file in unix server and transfer it to windows and uncompress it using winzip in windows. I have used the utility ZIP like the below. zip -e <newfilename> df2_test_extract.dat but when I compress files greater than 4 gb using zip utility, it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to compress files in directory that changes its name every day

Hi all I have the following script that should compress a file in a directory: # compress log files older than 2 days find /u01/easydone/DBDUMPS/*.dmp -mtime +2 -exec gzip {} \; BUT the problem is that these files that I want to compress are inside a directory with following format: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - To copy and compress files one day ago

Hi dears, Hi All, I'm a new member of this Forum. I have need your help to handle this request. "I want to copy and Compress files not of today but of yesterday only using some script". For example I have the following files under a particular directory in a Solaris machine. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackyJohn
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but less than 5 days ago?

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but was modified less than 5 days ago by use of any Linux utility ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
4 Replies
YESTERDAY(1)						      General Commands Manual						      YESTERDAY(1)

NAME
yesterday - print file names from the dump SYNOPSIS
yesterday [ -c ] [ -date ] files ... DESCRIPTION
Yesterday prints the names of the files from the most recent dump. Since dumps are done early in the morning, yesterday's files are really in today's dump. For example, if today is March 17, 1992, yesterday /adm/users prints /n/dump/1992/0317/adm/users In fact, the implementation is to select the most recent dump in the current year, so the dump selected may not be from today. With option -c, yesterday copies the dump file to the current directory. The date option selects other day's dumps, with a format of 2, 4, 6, or 8 digits of the form dd, mmdd, yymmdd, or yyyymmdd. Yesterday does not guarantee that the string it prints represents an existing file. EXAMPLES
Back up to yesterday's MIPS binary of vc: cd /mips/bin yesterday -c vc Temporarily back up to March 1's MIPS C library to see if a program runs correctly when loaded with it: bind `{yesterday -0301 /mips/lib/libc.a} /mips/lib/libc.a rm v.out mk v.out FILES
/n/dump SOURCE
/rc/bin/yesterday SEE ALSO
fs(4) BUGS
It's hard to use this command without singing. YESTERDAY(1)