Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To pass arguments to makefile using script Post 302611545 by vdhingra123 on Friday 23rd of March 2012 03:53:16 AM
Old 03-23-2012
To pass arguments to makefile using script

Hi,

I want to run a target of makfile using script by passing different arguments to it again n again. I i need to grep certain things from the log file.
eg
Code:
make abc KAB=8 BAC=8 >& KAB_BAC.log
grep "timeA" KAB_BAC.log
grep "timeB" KAB_BAC.log

(i want to store the difference of the two time for all runs in a sigle file)
Code:
make abc KAB=64 BAC=64 >& KAB_BAC.log
grep "time" KAB_BAC.log
grep "timeB" KAB_BAC.log

and so on.. the log files name (KAB_BAC.log) shuld be the value of KAB and BAC.

I m trying it with csh.

Last edited by Franklin52; 03-23-2012 at 04:54 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for code and data samples, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass arguments to a function in a shell script?

Hi, I have two shell variables $t1 and $t2 which I need to pass to a function in a shell script. The function will do some computation with those two variables and echo the resultant. But I do not know how to pass teh arguments. The function written is f1() {...... ........ } What should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: preetikate
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to pass arguments to shell script

Hi, I have a shell script called ftp.sh which is running continously in background. I tried passing arguments to this script but it did not worked out. Below is ftp.sh script. Please help me case $param in start) sleep_func "300" echo "!ksh $scr_ddir/ftp.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhargav20
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help to pass arguments in script

Hi, I have a my script here-- print "The Perl Script does the User health check and system health check...\n"; print "---------------------------------------------------------------------\n"; # use strict; my($OS); $OS = $^O; # need to test @ARGV before GetOptions shifts it if (@ARGV... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to pass arguments to an interactive script

Hey guys, I have an interactive script that is quite critical to our production environmentl thus updating it to run non-interactively is not an option. The script takes a varying number of arguments, which it ques untill user confirm end of data entry e.g of user input : 1 2 y ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: geek.ksa
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass arguments to an sftp script??

hi, Is it possible to pass arguments to a sftp script and use those arguments in the program? for example sftp_script FILENAME=$1 #!/usr/bin/expect spawn /usr/bin/sftp abc@ftp.abc.com expect "abc@ftp.abc.com's password:" send "pass\r" expect "sftp>" send "mput $FILENAME\r"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass arguments to bash script

myscript.sh #!/bin/bash ARGA=$1 if ; then echo "${ARGA}:Confirmed" else echo "${ARGA}:Unconfirmed" fi when I run the above script from the command line, i run it as: ./myscript.sh jsmith now some times, i need to runn it this way: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass arguments to an interactive script?

I've tried to find a solution to this, but I"m stumped. OS - RH Linux 5.9 I have a bash script <myProgram.sh> that gets executed manually and creates a small response file. I'm trying to automate the running of this script. When myProgram.sh runs, it prompts the user to enter 2 pieces of... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: progkcp
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass Arguments to Command from Shell Script

Hi all, I am working on a project, in which I have to connect to Bluetooth low energy device. I am able to connect and do data transfer from command line. But I want to do from script Here is my script #!/bin/bash #sudo hcitool -i hci0 lescan sleep 1 sudo hcitool -i hci0 lecc --random... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin@embdes
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to pass arguments while running a Shell Script

Shell Script Gurus, I am writing a shell script which needs User ID's to pass as an Arguments in command line while executing. Can this be doable? I've never done this, If you give a sample script that would be helpful, Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekar777
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat a script, pipe it, then pass arguments to it?

suppose i have a perl script that is normally run this way: ./checkdisk.pl -H hostname -w 40 -c 80 but, for whatever reason, i cannot run the script directly as it should. But i can cat it through pipe. How can i pass the arguments "-H hostname -w 40 -c 80"? so this is what i'm doing,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)