Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Exact meaning of the "world" in "hello world" Post 302611543 by codemaniac on Friday 23rd of March 2012 03:49:39 AM
Old 03-23-2012
"Hello World" is just a string , that programmers use to test if their first piece of code is working .
The history of the "Hello World!" program | Digg Topnews

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Couldn't compile the simple "Hello World"

So, this is my first C++ program under linux. My OS is Red Hat 8.0, and my codes are like following: $vi hello.cpp #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { cout << "Hello World!" << endl; return 0; } $ g++ -o hello hello.cpp the error message are: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

the meaning of "!:*" in "alias foo 'command\!:*' filename"

Hi: How can I remove my own post? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil518
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning of "b" modifier in "sort" command

I need to sort the following file by the rhdiskpower devices in the last column: Total_MB Free_MB OS_MB Name Failgroup Library Label UDID Product Redund Path 1024 851 1024 OCRVOT1_0000 OCRVOT1_0000 System UNKNOWN ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wjssj
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Comments on "How Will the World End?"

I have read the sun-expansion scenario numerous places but I've never read any suggestion that the earth's orbit would increase to avoid being scorched. What mechanism would push it out? As for creating a black hole by the LHC, the whole concept is silly so any number of reasons would rule it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
BVRML(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						BVRML(3pm)

NAME
XRacer::BVRML - Parser for a tiny subset of VRML generated by Blender SYNOPSIS
use XRacer::BVRML; DESCRIPTION
This is a parser for a tiny subset of VRML generated by Blender, so called Blender-VRML or BVRML. In fact, this parser is by no means guaranteed to be able to parse everything that Blender could generate. I will add parsing capability to it as I see the need. "XRacer::BVRML" parses a Blender VRML file, and stores it in an internal world representation, which can be inspected and manipulated. "XRacer::BVRML" can also write out a C function containing GL commands which render this world object, and this function can then be used inside an XRacer track or craft file. CLASS METHODS
$world = XRacer::BVRML->parse ($filename [, $world]); This function parses a BVRML file called $filename, and generates a $world object. If the second optional $world parameter is given, then the BVRML file is parsed and the results are merged with the existing $world object. If the parsing fails, then this function will print an error message and return "undef". WORLD OBJECT METHODS
$nr_vertices = $world->nr_vertices; Return the total number of vertices in the world. $nr_faces = $world->nr_faces; Return the total number of faces in the world. @vertices = $world->vertices; Aggregate all vertices in the world, and return it as a list. @faces = $world->faces; Aggregate all faces in the world, and return it as a list. ($smallest_x, $largest_x, $smallest_y, $largest_y, $smallest_z, $largest_z) = $world->bbox; Return the bounding box (or bounding cuboid, to be more precise) of this world. $world->write_display_function ([name => $function_name,] [filehandle => $filehandle,] [decl => $decl]); Write out a C function containing GL calls which, when invoked, will display this world object. The C function is called $function_name and will be written to the file specified by the $filehandle. The function will be declared as "void function_name (void)" unless the $decl parameter is given, which gives the return declaration. The C function is suitable for directly linking into XRacer craft and track files. However, it requires some support. In particular, you will need to include the header file GL/gl.h, and probably xracer.h before the function. AUTHOR
Richard W.M. Jones, <rich@annexia.org> COPYRIGHT
XRacer is copyright (C) 1999-2000 Richard W.M. Jones (rich@annexia.org) and other contributors listed in the AUTHORS file. SEE ALSO
perl(1), xracer(6). perl v5.14.2 2000-01-07 BVRML(3pm)