Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Where is the same TCP parameters in AIX? Post 302611481 by nnnnnnine on Thursday 22nd of March 2012 11:24:34 PM
Old 03-23-2012
Question Where is the same TCP parameters in AIX?

I am try to tuning a parameter in AIX 5L and 6 (for performance issue.)

I find a link(https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thr...hreadID=886358)

The thread mention two parameter below, I can use "ndd" command to tuning.
tcp_deferred_ack_interval = 2
tcp_deferred_ack_max = 2

but I can't find ndd command on AIX system.

Can any one guide me to tuning the parameter on AIX system?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

IBM-AIX and TCP/IP Problem

I am having a problem and I feel it's network related. I have an RS6000 running AIX. I use a terminal emulation program that allows me to connect to my server via TCP/IP. When I try and make the connection, it takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get a login prompt on the screen. I also cannot ftp to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
3 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

AIX: Default Password Parameters

I am working on AIX flavor of Unix and was trying to run a script to obtain default settings of user passwords. The script uses the command to obtain default valid user attributes for: /etc/security/user for some reason, the message says- cat: cannot open /etc/security/user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eysheikah
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Find AIX system parameters

System Parameters: maximum number of processes = 2048 Network parameters: ipqmaxlen - 512 rfc1323 - 1 sb_max - 1310720 (2*655360) tcp_recvspace - 65536 tcp_sendspace - 65536 Udp_recvspace - 655360 Udp_sendspace 65536 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: R00tSc0rpi0n
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing TCP parameters in solaris10

Hi I have to change some TCP settings in Solaris10 machine running on AMD. Is there any tool or GUI to do this. I want to see if there is any easy way to put them in the startup scripts. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sssow
1 Replies

5. AIX

TCP port 70000 on AIX 6.1? (Surely higher than allowed maximum?)

Looking at /etc/services on AIX 6.1, I noticed some bizarre port numbers which exceed the 16-bit maximum port number for TCP (i.e. they are higher than 65535.) sco_printer 70000/tcp sco_spooler # For System V print IPC sco_s5_port 70001/tcp lpNet_s5_port ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethr
5 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 6.1 Kernal Parameters ulimit

Hello, How can I setup the ulimit for memory permanent ulimit -m unlimited ulimit -a Output from the ulimit command should be similar to the following:time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) unlimited data(kbytes) 2097152 stack(kbytes) 32768... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
4 Replies

7. AIX

TCP/UDP port range for default AIX NFS?

May I know what is the TCP/UCP port range for any default AIX NFS? Based on rpcinfo -p, I got the following output: program vers proto port service 100000 4 udp 111 portmapper 100000 3 udp 111 portmapper 100000 2 udp 111 portmapper 100000 4 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: famasutika
4 Replies

8. AIX

TCP Wrappers on AIX 5.3

Hi, I have in my organization varied OS types (AIX,RHEL,Solaris) My need was to block ftp connections from some addresses on my organization, but to not disable the protocol. In the linux servers i did that with the hosts.deny file that used by the vsftpd deamon. In my AIX servers, i have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
6 Replies

9. AIX

Network tuning parameters on AIX

Hi, we've a gigabit Ethernet adapter. And we wanted to improve the performance by tuning network parameters. so' as per IBM info center, http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/aix/v7r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.aix.prftungd%2Fdoc%2Fprftungd%2Fnetw_opt.htm we tried changing the tuning... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Too much TCP retransmitted and TCP duplicate on server Oracle Solaris 10

I have problem with oracle solaris 10 running on oracle sparc T4-2 server. Os information: 5.10 Generic_150400-03 sun4v sparc sun4v Output from tcpstat.d script TCP bytes: out outRetrans in inDup inUnorder 6833763 7300 98884 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
2 Replies
ndd(1M)                                                   System Administration Commands                                                   ndd(1M)

NAME
ndd - get and set driver configuration parameters SYNOPSIS
ndd [-set] driver parameter [value] DESCRIPTION
ndd gets and sets selected configuration parameters in some kernel drivers. Currently, ndd only supports the drivers that implement the TCP/IP Internet protocol family. Each driver chooses which parameters to make visible using ndd. Since these parameters are usually tightly coupled to the implementation, they are likely to change from release to release. Some parameters may be read-only. If the -set option is omitted, ndd queries the named driver, retrieves the value associated with the specified parameter, and prints it. If the -set option is given, ndd passes value, which must be specified, down to the named driver which assigns it to the named parameter. By convention, drivers that support ndd also support a special read-only parameter named ``?'' which can be used to list the parameters supported by the driver. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Getting Parameters Supported By The TCP Driver To see which parameters are supported by the TCP driver, use the following command: example% ndd /dev/tcp ? The parameter name ``?'' may need to be escaped with a backslash to prevent its being interpreted as a shell meta character. The following command sets the value of the parameter ip_forwarding in the dual stack IP driver to zero. This disables IPv4 packet forward- ing. example% ndd -set /dev/ip ip_forwarding 0 Similarly, in order to disable IPv6 packet forwarding, the value of parameter ip6_forwarding example% ndd -set /dev/ip ip6_forwarding 0 To view the current IPv4 forwarding table, use the following command: example% ndd /dev/ip ipv4_ire_status To view the current IPv6 forwarding table, use the following command: example% ndd /dev/ip ipv6_ire_status ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nca(1), ioctl(2), attributes(5), arp(7P), ip(7P), ip6(7P), tcp(7P), udp(7P) NOTES
The parameters supported by each driver may change from release to release. Like programs that read /dev/kmem, user programs or shell scripts that execute ndd should be prepared for parameter names to change. The ioctl() command that ndd uses to communicate with drivers is likely to change in a future release. User programs should avoid making dependencies on it. The meanings of many ndd parameters make sense only if you understand how the driver is implemented. SunOS 5.10 8 Nov 1999 ndd(1M)