Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to funnel stdout into call arguments? Post 302611381 by siegfried on Thursday 22nd of March 2012 05:17:15 PM
Old 03-22-2012
How to pipe into for loop

How do I implement a "for" loop that will call

./build.bat $arg1
./build.bat $arg2
./build.bat $arg3

etc...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

can we send arguments to system() call

Hi friends my C code is int main() { system("cp <source> <destination>"); } my question is how to set variables for <source> and <destination> how can we pass it to system() call. can you suggest me thankyou kingskar (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingskar
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to differentiate system call from library call

Hi, Ho do I differentiate system call from library call? for example if I am using chmod , how do I find out if it is a system call or library call? Thanks Muru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muru
2 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

diffrence between method call and function call in perl

Hello, I have a problem with package and name space. require "/Mehran/DSGateEngineLib/general.pl"; use strict; sub System_Status_Main_Service_Status_Intrusion_Prevention { my %idpstatus; my @result; &General_ReadHash("/var/dsg/idp/settings",\%idpstatus); #print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I need to call make if I call gcc ?

Why do I need to call make if I call gcc ? I thought gcc already compiles the sources. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call arguments with variable in a script??

Hello, I was wondering if it were possible to call arguments passed to a script using a variable. For example: sh script.sh yes no good bad x=$# while do echo (last argument, then second last etc until first argument) let x=($x-1) done should print out bad good no (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VanK
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

write() system call arguments

Hi, I'm trying to understand the arguments from this system call, can someone help me figure it out? write(1, "/home/nick/11sp/fred\n", 27/home/nick/11sp/fred) = 27 for argument 1, i know it is a file descriptor which specifies standard output. Argument 2, i believe is "what is to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: l flipboi l
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with two arguments to arguments to surch for

Hello, is it possible to give grep two documents to surche for? like grep "test" /home/one.txt AND /home/two.txt ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cybertron
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to call a function with arguments

I need to call a function within a code with $database and $ service as the arguments How do I proceed ? and how would a function be defined and these two arguments would be used inside the function? calc_pref_avail $database $service Best regards, Vishal (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call Oracle function with multiple arguments from shell script?

Dear All, I want to know how can i call oracle function from shell script code . My oracle function have around 5 input parameters and one return value. for name in *.csv; do echo "connecting to DB and start processing '$name' file at " echo "csv file name=$x" sqlplus -s scoot/tiger <!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balraj
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call same function using 2 different arguments

I have a script that uses 2 arguments. I want to call the function part within this script using these same arguments. Below is what I came up with below script so far, any guidance would be helpful. Thank you! cat backup.sh #!/bin/bash function usage { echo "USAGE: $(basename $0)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
6 Replies
AFQUERY(3)																AFQUERY(3)

NAME
afQuery, afQueryLong, afQueryDouble, afQueryPointer - query the capabilities of the Audio File Library SYNOPSIS
#include <audiofile.h> AUpvlist afQuery (int querytype, int arg1, int arg2, int arg3, int arg4); long afQueryLong (int querytype, int arg1, int arg2, int arg3, int arg4); double afQueryDouble (int querytype, int arg1, int arg2, int arg3, int arg4); void *afQueryPointer (int querytype, int arg1, int arg2, int arg3, int arg4); PARAMETERS
querytype can be one of the following: o AF_QUERYTYPE_FILEFMT o AF_QUERYTYPE_INST o AF_QUERYTYPE_INSTPARAM o AF_QUERYTYPE_COMPRESSION o AF_QUERYTYPE_COMPRESSIONPARAM o AF_QUERYTYPE_MISC o AF_QUERYTYPE_MARK o AF_QUERYTYPE_LOOP arg1, arg2, arg3, and arg4 are integer selectors whose meaning depends upon querytype. RETURN VALUE
Upon success, afQuery will return a non-null AUpvlist value. Upon failure, afQuery will return null while afQueryLong and afQueryDouble will return -1 and afQueryPointer will return null. Pointers representing character strings are owned by the Audio File Library and must not be freed; all other pointer values must be freed by the caller. DESCRIPTION
For AF_QUERYTYPE_FILEFMT, the following selectors are valid values for arg1: AF_QUERY_LABEL Request a short label string for the format (e.g., "aiff"). AF_QUERY_NAME Request a short name for the format (e.g., "MS RIFF WAVE"). AF_QUERY_DESC Request a descriptive name for the format (e.g., "Audio Interchange File Format"). AF_QUERY_IMPLEMENTED Request a boolean value indicating whether the format is implemented for reading and writing in the Audio File Library. AF_QUERY_ID_COUNT Request the total number of formats implemented. AF_QUERY_IDS Request an integer array of the id token values of all implemented file formats. AF_QUERY_COMPRESSION_TYPES Used with the selector AF_QUERY_VALUE_COUNT in arg2, this will return a long integer containing the number of compression schemes available for use within the format specified in arg3. Used with selector AF_QUERY_VALUES, it returns a pointer to an integer array containing the compression id values of the compression schemes supported by the format specified in arg3. AF_QUERY_SAMPLE_FORMATS Used with the selector AF_QUERY_DEFAULT in arg2, this will return the default sample format for the file format specified in arg3. AF_QUERY_SAMPLE_SIZES Used with selector AF_QUERY_DEFAULT in arg2, this will return the default sample width for the file format specified in arg3. For AF_QUERYTYPE_INST, the following selectors are valid for arg1: AF_QUERY_SUPPORTED Request a boolean value indicating whether the file format in arg2 supports instruments. AF_QUERY_MAX_NUMBER Request an integer value indicating the maximum number of instruments supported by the file format in arg2. For AF_QUERYTYPE_INSTPARAM, the following selectors are valid for arg1: AF_QUERY_SUPPORTED Request a boolean value indicating whether the file format in arg2 supports instrument parameters. AF_QUERY_ID_COUNT Request an integer value indicating the number of instrument parameters supported by the file format in arg2. AF_QUERY_IDS Request an integer array containing the instrument parameter values for the file format in arg2. AF_QUERY_TYPE For the file format in arg2, request the type of the instrument parameter in arg3. AF_QUERY_NAME For the file format in arg2, request the name of the instrument parameter in arg3. AF_QUERY_DEFAULT For the file format in arg2, request the default value of the instrument parameter in arg3. ERRORS
afQuery can produce the following errors: AF_BAD_QUERYTYPE The query type is unsupported. AF_BAD_QUERY The arguments to the query are bad. AUTHOR
Michael Pruett <michael@68k.org> Audio File Library 0.3.6 03/06/2013 AFQUERY(3)