Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Version of IE?
Operating Systems Linux Linux Version of IE? Post 302611187 by mark54g on Thursday 22nd of March 2012 11:08:46 AM
Old 03-22-2012
You can get ies4linux, but again, why?

Please stop trying to make Linux into windows. If you have a genuine need for testing, perhaps that can be resolved with a virtual machine, but your other questions are lending themselves to some wacky situations that you are getting yourself into.

With Chrome/Chromium and Firefox on Linux, there should be little need for IE.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redhat linux version

Guys How do i know the version of linux (Redhat) on one of our systems..Thanks in advance..The uname -r gives 2.4.18-0.13..Is it the kernel version (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sssow
3 Replies

2. Slackware

Determine Linux Version.

Apart from the obvious, uname command, is there anyway to determine which Linux distribution and version of the distribution has been installed? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbb
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the new version of linux or should i use fedora

hi guys, pls help me to find out what is the latest version of linux that i can install in my pc or should i install fedora... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anankumar3
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I see which version of Linux I am using ?

I want to know the distribution and version of linux that I am running: uname -r gives me: 2.4.20-8bldsmp uname -v gives me: #1 SMP Wed Sep 20 19:32:24 PDT 2006 Whats the distribution ? and whats the version ? thanks !!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_learner
1 Replies

5. Linux

Linux version v.s. 32bit/64bit

Where can I get a list that maps the each Linux version to corresponding 32/64 bits model? e.g. OS -> Model (ILP32, LP64, ...) RHLE3 -> ? RHLE4 -> ? RHLE5 -> ? ... It would be better if there is such a list that contains most of current UNIX OS versions. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princelinux
1 Replies

6. Linux

Why is there so many linux version?

Hi, Why is there many different Linux names and SO instead to be only one? What are the differences? Paul Weinstock (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Weinstock
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search linux which core version is 2.4.0

I want to use linux which core version is 2.4.0,so I want to know which version linux contains core 2.4.0? Where can I get this version linux? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: konvalo
1 Replies

8. Linux

How to know the Linux version?

Hi, How to know the Linux version in the box in which linux is installed ? Cheers K Md Shakeel (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krackjack
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to know the version of Linux

Hi I have run the command uname -a and i got the below output Linux vm07 2.6.9-77.Emp #1 SMP Wed Nov 7 13:58:04 EST 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux i want know the version of Linux can i get it from above output if yes then what is it? is it 2.6.9-77.Emp? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Linux to determine version of Windows

This is an odd question and I didn't really know what category it fits. I just installed Ubuntu 12.10. During the installation process, the screen informed me that Windows 7 was installed in a particular partition. I'm just wondering how this was accomplished. Using 'fdisk -l' will indicate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamarsh
1 Replies
LINUX-VERSION(1)					      General Commands Manual						  LINUX-VERSION(1)

NAME
linux-version - operate on Linux kernel version strings SYNOPSIS
linux-version compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 linux-version sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] linux-version list [--paths] DESCRIPTION
linux-version operates on Linux kernel version strings as reported by uname -r and used in file and directory names. These version strings do not follow the same rules as Debian package version strings and should not be compared as such or as arbitrary strings. compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 Compare version strings, where OP is a binary operator. linux-version returns success (zero result) if the specified condition is satisfied, and failure (nonzero result) otherwise. The valid operators are: lt le eq ne ge gt sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] Sort the given version strings and print them in order from lowest to highest. If the --reverse option is used, print them in order from highest to lowest. If no version strings are given as arguments, the version strings will instead be read from standard input, one per line. They may be suffixed by arbitrary text after a space, which will be included in the output. This means that, for example: linux-version list --paths | linux-version sort --reverse will list the installed versions and corresponding paths in order from highest to lowest version. list [--paths] List kernel versions installed in the customary location. If the --paths option, show the corresponding path for each version. AUTHOR
linux-version and this manual page were written by Ben Hutchings as part of the Debian linux-base package. 30 March 2011 LINUX-VERSION(1)