Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Strange Characters from ILOM
Special Forums Hardware Strange Characters from ILOM Post 302611129 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 22nd of March 2012 09:17:19 AM
Old 03-22-2012
if it is the same output (even in a ssh session) i don't think it is the terminal settings... to me it looks like the OS is not bootet clean and is giving strange output... i would monitor a complete powercycle over the virtual KVM from the ILOM to check for errors during startup... there is clearly an error in your bootenv.rc file, so you should check this file also (if the os is not booting you've to use a DVD to boot the server).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Characters in Filename

Hi folks. None of the conventional methods are working for my dilemma: I have a file in my root directory that has a name comprised of strange characters. When I do an ls, it just hangs at that file until I do a Cntrl-C. rm ./filename & rm \filename do not work. I am entering the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lines with strange characters and sed...

Dear All: I Have a bunch of files which I'd like to process with a shell script. The problem is that the files have strange characters in their headers, like �g�8@L-000-MSG2__-ABCD________-FIRA_____-000001___-200806181330-__ ��e� Data from BLABLABLA, Instrument: BLABLA, Date:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luiscarvalheiro
4 Replies

3. Solaris

ILOM and sc on T5220

I 've 2 different T5220 and both are showing different prompts when i ssh to the console. 1. Shows sc> ALOM 2. Shows -> ILOM as far as i know the T5220 comes with ILOM , so why i 'm seeing 2 different type of console for same tyep of hardware ? and i found that we... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange Characters After Using Notepad

Hello all, I'm new to UNIX and new to this forum, so forgive my lack of knowledge. I'm new with editing in vi so I FTP scripts to a Windows machine and edit the script in notepad (when I need to do something quickly). Sometimes when I FTP the script back to the UNIX box, strange characters... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgower2
4 Replies

5. Solaris

SUN ILOM

Hi, I am just confused with iLOM. Is iLOM is applicable for SPARC as well as X86 servers?? which are having CMM. Hope ALOM will be applicable for rest of the servers like v240 kind of series. Can any one pls clarify this?? Thanks in Advance Vaisakh K S (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vks47
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk filelist containing strange characters

I've written a script: find -depth | awk ‘ { if ( substr($1,length($0)-2,3) == “/1.” ) { print $1 } { system(“awk -f test1.awk “ $1 ) } } ‘ The idea is that it trundles through a large directory structure looking for files which are named '1.' and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nashcom
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a file that may contain strange characters

Hello unix users :) I am trying to grep a string from a file that both the file and the string may have characters in them that are quite... strange, like würzburger. Well, bash reads this as W%C3%BCrzburger For example, if i do wget W%C3%BCrzburger the output is: --2012-01-08... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Spanish Characters get converted in strange chrac

I am trying to sftp a textfile from windows to linux. The file includes some spanish characters. When I vi the file in LINUX, the special (spanish) characters get converted into some strange characters. anyone know how i can resolve this? for example México gets converted into México on LINUX. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrx1350
0 Replies

9. Programming

Strange characters in FORTRAN code output

Hi guys, After compiling a .f90 code and executing it, i get strange characters in the output file like : ^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@ Are these windows characters? how can i get rid of this? Much appreciated. Paul (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paul Moghadam
1 Replies

10. Solaris

ILOM Command

Dear all would you tell me the command in ILOM to : - Check for error logged in ILOM ouput - Check for system uptime (DAYS) - Check for system reboot logged (Last system reboot) Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gema.utama
1 Replies
dbus-monitor(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   dbus-monitor(1)

NAME
dbus-monitor - debug probe to print message bus messages SYNOPSIS
dbus-monitor [--system | --session] [--profile | --monitor] [watch expressions] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-monitor command is used to monitor messages going through a D-Bus message bus. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more information about the big picture. There are two well-known message buses: the systemwide message bus (installed on many systems as the "messagebus" service) and the per- user-login-session message bus (started each time a user logs in). The --system and --session options direct dbus-monitor to monitor the system or session buses respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor monitors the session bus. dbus-monitor has two different output modes, the 'classic'-style monitoring mode and profiling mode. The profiling format is a compact for- mat with a single line per message and microsecond-resolution timing information. The --profile and --monitor options select the profiling and monitoring output format respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor uses the monitoring output format. In order to get dbus-monitor to see the messages you are interested in, you should specify a set of watch expressions as you would expect to be passed to the dbus_bus_add_watch function. The message bus configuration may keep dbus-monitor from seeing all messages, especially if you run the monitor as a non-root user. OPTIONS
--system Monitor the system message bus. --session Monitor the session message bus. (This is the default.) --profile Use the profiling output format. --monitor Use the monitoring output format. (This is the default.) EXAMPLE
Here is an example of using dbus-monitor to watch for the gnome typing monitor to say things dbus-monitor "type='signal',sender='org.gnome.TypingMonitor',interface='org.gnome.TypingMonitor'" AUTHOR
dbus-monitor was written by Philip Blundell. The profiling output mode was added by Olli Salli. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ dbus-monitor(1)