Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need to put semicolon
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to put semicolon Post 302611111 by nirjhar17 on Thursday 22nd of March 2012 09:03:26 AM
Old 03-22-2012
Need to put semicolon

Hi guys,

I want to write script so that i can put semicolon after every numeric

e.g
input would be like that
50060E80058F49A4

Output should be

50:06:0E:80:05:8F:49:A4

Please help

Thanks & Regards
Nirjhar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

put a semicolon at the end of each line of a file

hi, Consider there is a file containing 200 lines. please let me know which command is to be used to put a semicolon at the end of each line. if no single command is there then how it can be achieved. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surjyap
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wget with semicolon in page name

So, I'd like to wget a webpage, as its not going to stick around forever - but the problem is the webpage has a semicolon in it. wget http://example.com/stuff/asdf;asdf obviously doesn't get the right webpage. Any good way around this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Julolidine
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a string after n semicolon every line

I have a file that is formatted in this way. a1;b2;c33;d4;e5;e;f;f;f;s d;ds;d;a;v;b;g;gr;r;rt;fdf s1;s2;s2;s3;s4; b1;f2;g3;h4;a3c4e;xcsd;fds; sd2;fs4;fs2;sdf3; I want to replace the value just before the 4th semicolon to empty string, regardless the value, such that it looks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alienated
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines after semicolon

char str; char str ; char *ptr; char * ptr; int CASE; int CASE; double temp; double temp; Output should be: char str; char *ptr; int CASE; double temp; How can i do this with awk,sed,perl? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding semicolon at the end of each line

Hi, I have a script which I need to change. I want to add a semicolon at the end of each line where the line starts with "grant" for e.g. create table(.... ); grant select on TABL1 to USER1 grant select on TABL1 to USER2should become create table(.... ); grant select on TABL1 to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pparthiv
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a semicolon and numbers after a semicolon

I have this: ((9:0.010,(11:0.089,13:0.004)) and I would like this: ((A9,(A11,A13)) How do I delete the semi colon and the number (i.e. 0.010) after the semi colon? Also, how can I add the letter before the number that is NOT removed? Thank you in advance! ---------- Post updated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MDeBiasse
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting semicolon at the end of a line

HI Am totally confused with sed and translate command command.. My problem is I have a file like # vi test.csv ABC_IMUY ERD0_FN VEG_NON_DES_IYT BUY4_FLOW POI_SHD_URDF_IYUT_REDS_CYC UYT_PMC4_WIND EX_FRE_FRD_L2_REF_FLICT JHY_SGT_DSE_L2 IYO_HYTR_FGT_L3_BGT_ICT... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to have semicolon at the end of every line?

Hi, I wanted to create an automated script that will output a create table statement in unix. Below is the input and the desired output: INPUT: desc ZZ_APL_TIDDATELIST ( TID NUMBER AEX_DATE TIMESTAMP(6) ) desc ZZ_APL_TIDLIST ( TID NUMBER ) desc... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use substr to extract character between two semicolon?

Dear folks Hello I have a data set which one of the column of this data set are string and I want to extract numbers which is between two ":". However, I know the substr command which will do this operation but my problem is the numbers between two ":" have different digits. this will make my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace semicolon within double quotes in a file with semicolon delimiter

Hello Team, Could you please help me with the below question? I have a file with the following properties 1) File Delimiter is ; 2) Text columns are within double quotes 3) Numeric columns will not have double quotes 4) File has total 6 columns Please see a sample record from file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
3 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)