Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read file from nth line to specific character Post 302611079 by laalesh on Thursday 22nd of March 2012 07:46:38 AM
Old 03-22-2012
PHP Read file from nth line to specific character

Hi,

I want to read the file from nth line (where n is an integer) to until I encounter @ char.
Can any one please help me how to do this?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read First Character of Each Line in File

I need a better way to read the first character of each line in a file and check if it equals the special character ¤. This character tells me where there is a break in the reports. The file has over 500,000 lines. Currently, this is my code - if ] I am using Korn Shell as a scripting... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: azelinsk
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines with specific character at nth position in a file

I need to print lines with character S at nth position in a file...can someone pl help me with appropriate awk command for this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaswinig
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines with specific character at nth position in a file

I need to print lines with character S at nth position in a file...can someone pl help me with appropriate awk command for this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manaswinig
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read one character form each line of the file?

Hi, Maybe this iscorrect forum for my question... I should read one character at a fixed position from each line of the file. So how ??? should be substituted in the code below: while read line ; do single_char=`???` echo "$single_char" done < $input_file OK...I did get an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsii
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file from the nth line on

I have a script which reads from a job file and executed the scripts in the job file in sequence. #! /bin/ksh set -x while read line do $line.ksh if # mail the team fi done <"$file" The job file will be like abcd efgh ijkl mnop qrst This is working fine. I need to add... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nw2unx123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and recursively enter new line after Nth character

Hi All, My file is a string of around 50K character. I'm trying to insert new line after every 320 character in my file. I know the command to insert newline, but problem is I'm not able to search 320th position. Please advice. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit786
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing last character of a specific line from a file

Hello guys, I would need to remove the last character ")" of a specific line. This can be from any line. Your help is appreciated. Below is the line. HOSTNAME=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)) Please help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sang8g
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert character at specific location in a each line of the file

Hi All, I am trying to write a shell script where it should insert character 'I' in 180th position of each line(except first and last line) of the file. Below is the script for file in /home/test/bharat/*.RET do # Process file echo "File Name=" $file #l_fileName="${file##*/}" ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath561989
19 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to read the nth character from the line.?

I have Index Line and I tried to get the 9th character from the file and to check the character is "|" or not. Shell Scripting. Sample Index file. "91799489|K8E|188.004.A.917994892.1099R.c.01.pdf|2013|10/15/2014|002|B|C|C"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavand
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count specific character of a file in each line and delete this character in a specific position

I will appreciate if you help me here in this script in Solaris Enviroment. Scenario: i have 2 files : 1) /tmp/TRANSACTIONS_DAILY_20180730.txt: 201807300000000004 201807300000000005 201807300000000006 201807300000000007 201807300000000008 2)... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: teokon90
10 Replies
MPI_Info_get_nthkey(3OpenMPI)											     MPI_Info_get_nthkey(3OpenMPI)

NAME
MPI_Info_get_nthkey - Returns the nth defined key in info. SYNTAX
C Syntax #include <mpi.h> int MPI_Info_get_nthkey(MPI_Info info, int n, char *key) Fortran Syntax INCLUDE 'mpif.h' MPI_INFO_GET_NTHKEY(INFO, N, KEY, IERROR) INTEGER INFO, N, IERROR CHARACTER*(*) KEY C++ Syntax #include <mpi.h> void MPI::Info::Get_nthkey(int n, char* key) const INPUT PARAMETERS
info Info object (handle). n Key number (integer). OUTPUT PARAMETERS
key Key (string). IERROR Fortran only: Error status (integer). DESCRIPTION
MPI_Info_get_nthkey returns the nth defined key in info. Keys are numbered 0...N - 1 where N is the value returned by MPI_Info_get_nkeys. All keys between 0 and N - 1 are guaranteed to be defined. The number of a given key does not change as long as info is not modified with MPI_Info_set or MPI_Info_delete. ERRORS
Almost all MPI routines return an error value; C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in the last argument. C++ func- tions do not return errors. If the default error handler is set to MPI::ERRORS_THROW_EXCEPTIONS, then on error the C++ exception mechanism will be used to throw an MPI:Exception object. Before the error value is returned, the current MPI error handler is called. By default, this error handler aborts the MPI job, except for I/O function errors. The error handler may be changed with MPI_Comm_set_errhandler; the predefined error handler MPI_ERRORS_RETURN may be used to cause error values to be returned. Note that MPI does not guarantee that an MPI program can continue past an error. SEE ALSO
MPI_Info_get MPI_Info_get_nkeys MPI_Info_get_valueln Open MPI 1.2 September 2006 MPI_Info_get_nthkey(3OpenMPI)